Home » Decade » 1950 » Kool Kitsch For Sale on e-Bay

March 10, 2012

Kool Kitsch For Sale on e-Bay

By Sara In AZ

Hey y’all, I found some really cool stuff for sale on e-Bay this week….check it out!

First up this super cool Atomic Ice Bucket from seller thebirdsnest. Can’t you just picture yourself making drinks with ice from this ice bucket during the premiere of Mad Men in a few weeks!

Next up an awesome Vintage MOE Wall Sconce from seller nutsk42. I SOOOOO love this vintage 1950s wall light sconce, it’s bee-u-tee-ful!

I just love anything with Poodles, and this Hedi Schoop Poodle Figurine from seller foxyoffers, is no exception. Adorable!!!

Here is a super sweet Miss Traveler Case by Ponytail from seller winsor8734. You know, ALL my luggage should be this cute…and with poodles too!

How about a Set of 3 Mid Century Barstools from seller winsthe. Can’t you just picture these stools right alongside the atomic ice bucket from the first picture!

Here is a super cool Salesman Sample Color Selector from Universal-Rundle from seller 60later. I SO wish we could still order bathroom fixtures in these colors.

Y’all know I just love my fish and mermaids to pieces, so I had to show this little gem off. Here is a Norcrest Mermaid from seller mmmost, she is such a little sweetie!

Check out this FAB 1950s Atomic Barkcloth from seller patriciag58. There are a whopping 14.5 yards of the cloth – surely enough for most projects! And even though the cost is a bit steep at $300, that works out to around $22 a yard – that’s not too bad when you are talking vintage barkcloth my friends!

Finally, here is a FREAKING AWESOME  Frieze Kroehler Swivel Chair from seller yesterdaysreflections. Check this out, this seller had NOS Frieze and has recovered 4 chairs to date in this FAB retro fabric. I guess this is the last chair to be covered in this Frieze, as their stock is now depleted. This chair just kills me with it’s awesomeness…..…I die………I die. Please someone snatch this up and let me live vicariously through you, maybe I can come and visit the chair and take pictures with it or something! Smile

Have a great weekend y’all, and let me know if someone gets that chair! Winking smile

22 Responses to Kool Kitsch For Sale on e-Bay

1. Vickie Reply

March 10, 2012 at 10:54 am

Well all I can say is….You have exquisite taste ma dear! Wowza, all your choices this week are outta this world! And, well, since I’m rarely at a loss for words I’ll also say I WANT THAT CHAIR! I’m in love. And that Hedi Schoop figurine. I just sold a Moss lamp with that figurine except the dress was black with pink collar & the poodle was gray with a pink collar. It was hard to let that one go I tell ya. I think I must stop coming to E-bay Saturday – I get very wicked ideation! (thanks for your work Sarah – it’s always a pleasure)

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 10, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Awwwww, thanks Vickie! That is super sweet of you to say. 🙂 I know just the Moss lamp you are talking about and I LOVE that lamp AND the figurine, I don’t know how you sold it – you are a better person than I am that’s for sure! That chair just kills me and if I had the $$$$ to spend it would be on it’s way here right now! Thanks for visiting!

March 10, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! I had one of those traveler cases, different design and such. Wonder where it is now?

Also adore the wall sconce!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 10, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Sableeeeeeee!!!! Lucky you to have had one of those super adorable cases! Hmmmmmmmm, where did it go??????? Maybe off to vinyl case heaven! 🙂 That wall sconce is SO awesome, isn’t it!

3. Jen Reply

March 10, 2012 at 5:13 pm

My stars, if I had a ton of money to drop, I would buy that chair & drive up to get it tonight! It’s fabulous!

And the salesman’s samples…The pale green tile in the top corner is quite close to what we had in the bathroom in our former home. 🙂

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 10, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Jen, I know that chair is just killing me. Every time I look at the picture I think I love it a little bit more! 🙂 And, your former bathroom sounds SO cool – that pale green color is beautiful!

March 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Wowee…I dare say that chair matches my eyes! Still…it’s a no go.

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 10, 2012 at 9:53 pm

You know Eartha, I think that chair DOES match your eyes! Maybe see if the Mr will buy the chair for you on account of it matching your eyes! 😉

March 10, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I need to quit reading your eBay posts Sara – I don’t want to buy anything since we’re going to move, but oh you find tempting stuff. All of that barkcloth yardage is killing me!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 10, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Hee! I know what you mean Andrea, the more I look on e-Bay to do these posts the more I feel like I could get myself into some REAL trouble! 😉

That barkcloth…….SOOOOOO tempting!!!!!!

Ooohhhh, I didn’t know you were moving! I hope it’s the retro house of your dreams!

6. Silvercat Reply

March 10, 2012 at 10:07 pm

That chair is awesome, but I think I love the stools more!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 11, 2012 at 3:44 am

So true Silvercat, those stools are SO very spectacular!!!

7. joyce w Reply

March 10, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Oh gosh but you’re killing me here! I’m afraid to go look because of the serious damage I might do! LOL! Ok – here goes nothing… will let ya know if I win anything! 🙂

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 11, 2012 at 3:46 am

Oh my gosh yes Joyce, please, please, please let me know if you do win anything – esp. if it’s that lovely chair! 😉

8. Betty Crafter Reply

March 11, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Sara! You MUST stop doing this to me! Good thing that little suitcase is overpriced – I would get it if it was $15 cheaper!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 11, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Hee! I know Betty, I torture myself with this stuff too…….Me wants everything up there! 🙂 And yeah, if it was all cheaper it would be SOOOO much harder to resist!

9. Jason Reply

March 12, 2012 at 1:09 pm

That chair – I’d be unstoppable perched on that swivelling around with a drink in my hand! I wonder if this was for home or other use. It seems to be something you’d see on a cruise ship or something.

I have similar shaped chairs that I ordered for my living room, but they have taller legs and the back is raised on 2 wooden pieces. But, it is that curved back design, I love them but they do not swivel.

10. Sara In AZ Reply

March 12, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Jason – That chair is certainly dee-licious isn’t it! 🙂 I’d be unstoppable too in that thing, just swiveling away! I think that the swivel chairs were made for home use(though I’m sure many others businesses/offices had them too), I have one myself that I posted about here

You chairs sound really great too though – the curved back design is the best!

• Jason Reply

March 13, 2012 at 10:01 am

Wow – your pink one is great too!! I think that the swivel would be great so you could say face the coffee table or turn to face the fireplace or tv, etc…

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 13, 2012 at 11:43 am

Thanks Jason! I have to say that the swivel action is really fun. My Mom said they also had a swivel chair when she was young and they would always spin and spin in it! 🙂

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 22, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Oh my gosh Crystal, you are soooooo lucky!!!!!! Awesome!!!