Home » Decorating & Home » The Swoonable Sets of Mad Men And What Season 5 Sets Will Look Like

March 21, 2012

The Swoonable Sets of Mad Men And What Season 5 Sets Will Look Like

By RetroRuth

Oh, how I wish I could bring you glimpses of the sets and clothes from the new season of Mad Men!!! Sadly, I am going to have to make due with pics of previous sets, and teaser quotes describing décor for the new season!!!

Joan:

Mad Men Mad Style Joan Holloway 2

Via

pic_madmen

Via

gypsy-hobo-joan-greg

Via

69524387967029146_0hKByBFs_c

Via

From The Montreal Gazette:

Weiner has a reputation for a maniacal, almost obsessive attention to detail. If it’s true that a fictional drama set in the 1960s presents the casual viewer with an opportunity to relive the remarkable cultural cross-currents of those times, Weiner believes the only way to bring that era to life for a present-day audience is to be faithful to the specific details of the era. Mad Men set in 1965 cannot look, sound or feel the same as Mad Men in 1962, or ’63. Weiner insists that every element — from Trans World Airlines’ 1964 ad campaign for the New York World’s Fair, to the vintage brass Stiffel lamps that adorned Don Draper’s corner office in the early days of the Sterling Cooper ad agency — be accurate.

Betty and (sometimes) Don:

01-kitchen_H-2

07-bedroom_H-2

12-living-room_H-2

Via

3190439752_3dc501f27a

Via

untitled

Via

3808075595_de7fc9eacb

3808078267_46244909ae

Via

From Bloomberg News:

Spoiler alert: “Mad Men” is looking brighter this year.

The dark wood browns and banquette burgundies that gave the series its steakhouse ambience have been traded in for mod white carpets and candy-apple red chairs.

A “Mod” Mad Men!!! Awesome. Can’t wait for 3/25!!

8 Responses to The Swoonable Sets of Mad Men And What Season 5 Sets Will Look Like

March 21, 2012 at 10:22 am

My senses can’t stay focused on the plot, as I’m always looking at all of the MCM eye-candy and ooohing and ahhing.

What’s the name of this show again? LOL!

March 21, 2012 at 10:56 am

I’ve started watching them all over again, starting with season one. It really IS hard to concentrate on the plot (like sablemable said) because of all of the wonderful decor and clothing. And their hairstyles.

I’d love to have the job of cleaning the sets…coming through and dusting the Draper house and fluffing the pillows..vacuuming the office. I’d be in Heaven.

• RetroRuth Reply

March 21, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Oh Eartha, I can totally imagine you cleaning the sets of Mad Men in a Carol Burnett-style maid outfit and singing. 🙂

March 21, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I am rewatching last season at the moment, and am sad we won’t get to see my favourite set any more – Anna Draper’s house. Love love love her place, or at least the front porch and the living room, since that’s all we saw of it, LOL. I am also madly in love with the Draper’s bathroom!

• RetroRuth Reply

March 21, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Andrea! I am a little sad, too, but the description of the new sets in the Bloomberg article has really peaked my interest. I guess I was just assuming that everything would be the same. I had never even thought that they would be switching up the style, and I think it is going to be interesting to see where they take it.

But yeah…I will miss the old sets!

4. Sara In AZ Reply

March 21, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I’m with Andrea, I could live in the Draper’s bathroom…….that fish wallpaper…..completely dreamy!!!! 🙂 And I LOVE Joan’s seahorses!

• RetroRuth Reply

March 21, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I have to confess, I posted that picture with the seahorses for you, Sara!! 🙂

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 21, 2012 at 2:52 pm

You are the best sweetie! 🙂