Home » Decorating & Home » Beautiful Kitchens

April 27, 2012

Beautiful Kitchens

By Sablemable

Wonderful kitchens from the Thirties through the Sixties!  Enjoy!

A 1930 CRANE KITCHEN.  THE COBALT BLUE SINK IS WONDERFUL!  (photo courtesy of www.antiquehomestyle.com)

1930cranekitchenahs

HAS ANYBODY EVER HEARD OF ALLEGHENY-LUDLAM STEEL KITCHEN CABINETS?  THIS IS A 1956 AD FROM A-L.  (photo courtesy of www.vintageadbrowser.com)

1956alleghenyludlamsteelvab

THIS KITCHEN LOOKS LIKE MID-CENTURY MODERN, BUT IT’S ACTUALLY FROM THE LATE THIRTIES.  A 1937 SEALEX FLOORING AD. (photo courtesy of www.antiquehomestyle.com)

1937sealexahs

A 1957 FRIGIDAIRE FUTURISTIC KITCHEN!

(photo courtesy of www.vintageadbrowser.com)

1957frigidairekitchenvab

I LOVE THIS GREEN AND WHITE KITCHEN!  A 1947 AMERICAN GAS ASSOCIATION AD.  (photo courtesy of www.midcenturyhomestyle.com)

1947agamhs

A 1960 IMAGE TAKEN FROM AN UNKNOWN MAGAZINE KITCHEN IDEAS ARTICLE.  (photo courtesy of www.vintageadbrowser.com)

1960kitchenideas

A 1956 YOUNGSTOWN PASTEL KITCHEN AD.

(photo courtesy of www.midcenturyhomestyle.com)

1956youngstownmhs

TWO ARMSTRONG ADS FROM 1935 AND ONE FROM 1936.  (photos courtesy of www.antiquehomestyle.com)

1935armstrong2ahs

1935armstrongahs

1936armstrongahs

NOW THIS IS A WHITE KITCHEN I COULD GO FOR TODAY!  A 1939 PABCO FLOORING AD (NEVER HEARD OF PABCO, HAVE YOU, READERS?)  (photo courtesy of www.antiquehomestyle.com)

1939pabcoahs

HERE’S ANOTHER FLOORING COMPANY THAT IS UNKNOWN TO ME: NAIRN.  THIS FABULOUS PINK KITCHEN IS A 1940 AD, FOLLOWED BY ANOTHER AD FROM 1941.  CAN WE EVER HAVE TOO MUCH PINK IN OUR HOMES, READERS?  NOT! (photos courtesy of www.antiquehomestyle.com)

1940nairnmhs

1941nairnmhs

AMERICAN GAS ASSOCIATION KITCHEN ADS FROM THE FORTIES.  (photos courtesy of www.midcenturyhomestyle.com)

1945 SALMON PINK AND WHITE KITCHEN.  EVEN THE STOVE KNOBS MATCH!

1945aga2mhs

MORE MATCHING KNOBS, THIS TIME IN RED!  FROM 1945.

1945aga3mhs

1945

1945americangasassociationmhs

1946

1946agamhs

THIS 1948 ARMSTRONG AD SHOWS  MODERN, STREAMLINED CABINETS.  (photo courtesy of www.midcenturyhomestyle.com)

1948armstrongmhs

ONE OF OUR FAVORITE STEEL CABINET COMPANIES, ST. CHARLES, FROM A 1953 AD.  ANYONE KNOW WHAT COLOR THIS IS?  (photo courtesy of www.midcenturyhomestyle.com)

1953stcharlesmhs

A 1955 LAUGHLIN STEEL AD.

(photo courtesy of www.vintageadbrowser)

1955laughlinsteelvab

A 1957 MODEL KITCHEN AD FROM THE WOMEN’S CONGRESS ON HOUSING.  (photo courtesy of www.vintageadbrowser.com)

1957women'scongressonhousingvab

Had enough?

12 Responses to Beautiful Kitchens

1. Toni Reply

April 27, 2012 at 10:02 am

Awesome!!

• sablemable Reply

April 27, 2012 at 11:49 am

Toniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!! Even though I’m a MCM chick, I absolutely love that first image of the 1930 kitchen! Yes, I could easily move into that era home!

2. Sherree Reply

April 27, 2012 at 10:53 am

I love them all but the last one with the aqua, pink and yellow is my favorite! I so want those back slanted cabinets above the countertop! At only 4’10” tall, I dream of all my storage within reach 🙂

• sablemable Reply

April 27, 2012 at 11:48 am

Sherreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Especially those over the sink! I have birch slant-back upper cabs in my 1955 kitchen. The original hausfrau was about your heighth and they must have worked for her!

3. Silvercat Reply

April 27, 2012 at 11:16 am

I love all the fun floors!

• sablemable Reply

April 27, 2012 at 11:46 am

Aren’t those floors great, Silvercat?!

April 27, 2012 at 11:49 am

Gorgeous! I love the red and white one, the jadeite green one and the one from1937 that looks modern!

• sablemable Reply

April 27, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Andreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was reading where that color green used during the depression was actually called Depression Green, LOL! The 1937 mod kitchen is one of my favorites, too!

• Miss Moppet Reply

April 27, 2012 at 6:15 pm

My grandmother had just about everything from upholstery to glassware in that shade of green! I didn’t realise it had a name. She would have been choosing things for her house (in England) in the late 30s.

I love the 1947 green and white kitchen, especially the breakfast nook.

5. Tasha Reply

April 27, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Drool… I can’t decide which I like the best! I really like that salmon pink and white one, I think seeing all the mix of patterns, and then the salmon counter tops are pretty awesome, too. Who am I kidding… all those counter tops are awesome.

• sablemable Reply

April 27, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Tashaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Oh, my, yes, that salmon and white kitchen is awesome! I can picture myself sitting on that yellow stool, washing dishes and looking out that picture window!

6. Jen Reply

May 1, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Wow, in the midst of what looks like it’ll be a week of Mondays, this post put a HUGE smile on my face! I oooo’d and ahhhhhhh’d all the way through! Love it!