Home » Vintage Travel » Restaurants and Drive-Inns » Frankie’s Tiki Room in Las Vegas

April 9, 2012

Frankie’s Tiki Room in Las Vegas

By RetroRuth

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!  Today, however, we are putting bunnies and baskets behind us and going totally Tiki.

IMG_8049

And what better place to go Tiki than at Frankie’s Tiki Room in Las Vegas?

frankies_logo_crop_800

When Tom and I visited Vegas recently, we couldn’t think of anyplace better.

IMG_8041

We went during the middle of the day, right after our visit to the Neon Graveyard. We were parched and tired from being in the sun, and it was the perfect dark, cool place to be. And it had tropical drinks!

2012menuA

All of their awesome drinks have the option of coming in souvenir mugs, which Tom went crazy over. He couldn’t decide which one he liked best, so he ended up getting two: Kahiki Kai and Bombora Blast.  In addition to these excellent mugs filled with booze, he also got an excellent Frankie’s t-shirt.

IMG_8046

Sara in AZ and her handy hubby Mike were the ones who introduced us to this place. When we decided we would join them in Vegas, they immediately suggested we go to Frankie’s. They said it was tiki-tastic.

IMG_8039

And they were right!!

Anybody else out there a Frankie’s fanatic? Let us know!

11 Responses to Frankie’s Tiki Room in Las Vegas

April 9, 2012 at 9:13 am

That place looks awesome!

2. Mod Betty / RetroRoadmap.com Reply

April 9, 2012 at 11:59 am

What a great spot to hit after the Neon Boneyard – I remember feeling so parched after I did my tour of there, a tiki drink would’ve been quite refreshing! And I know how hubs felt with the too many tiki mugs to choose from dilemma – sometimes that can be wonderfully overwhelming. Glad you had fun at such a Retro Roadmap worthy place!

3. nickarmadillo Reply

April 9, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Expensive drinks, but man they do sound delicious! I’d really like to try the Kahiki Kai.

4. Laura Reply

April 9, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I’ve got a (horrifically 1980s, down to the mauve paint and fake english ivy) screen porch on the back of my house. Something like this would be sooooo much better. Just because there are days when the only thing that will fix your attitude is a little tiki time! What a fun trip you guys had!

5. Liz Reply

April 9, 2012 at 2:45 pm

So many of my friends were intrumental in making Frankie’s a reality…I love the place and am so glad when someone else posts they enjoy it too.

If only some schmuck didn’t steal the neon off the side of the building :(

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 9, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Liz – When my husband and I were there our first time we heard the bartender talking about someone stealing that sign…..boo hiss on that idiot! :(

6. Vickie Reply

April 9, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I want to BE THERE – Right. This. Minute!! Y’all are giving me quite a list of things to do on my trip there in January. Not sure I can wait till then!

7. Uncle Atom Reply

April 9, 2012 at 9:07 pm

That place looks great, I’ll have to try it out if I ever get back to Vegas.

8. Yinzerella Reply

April 11, 2012 at 8:53 am

If you go to Vegas again also try the Peppermill Lounge. 1 half is a diner and the other half is a neon-lit bar with a giant FIREPIT. It’s totally rad.