Home » Decade » 1960 » Thinking Mod For Spring!

April 17, 2012

Thinking Mod For Spring!

By Andrea

Watching this new season of Mad Men has got me drooling over Megan’s super fashionable mod wardrobe!  I am thinking a mod dress might be the perfect wardrobe addition for spring – here’s some lovely vintage patterns I came across while browsing Etsy for inspiration.

From seller DILLYDOILY:

I love the seaming at the yoke – and that the model looks so super sixties on this one!

From seller historicallypatterns:

I am definitely loving the colourblocking on view A on this one!

For those of you who knit, from seller 2ndlookvintage:

I love love the geometric design of this one! Too bad I am the world’s slowest knitter …

From seller sandritocat:

This one done up in black would be very reminiscent of Megan’s Zou Bisou Bisou dress!

From seller SloCrafty:

View A of this one totally reminds me of the dress that Megan wore out to dinner with Don and the couple from Heinz in the epsiode that aired a couple of weeks ago!

I hope these give you some ideas for some pieces to add to your spring wardrobe!  Anyone planning to add some vintage or vintage inspired pieces to your wardrobes for spring?

16 Responses to Thinking Mod For Spring!

1. Kristine Reply

April 17, 2012 at 9:06 am

ah haaa..Andrea..you’ve been lurking the same shops I have! ;D
    I’m up to my eyeballs! I have several sewing projects on deck..(sewing furiously as much as my work and teenagers’ schedules allow)..nothing MOD per say, but all vintage.. I’m currently sewing a vintage shortie pj pattern at the moment(McCalls 8844)..
    Next on deck, a 1965 swimsuit pattern(Simplicity 5978)so stinkin cute and MCCalls 7766 with transfers included..major swoon factor!:)

2. Sara In AZ Reply

April 17, 2012 at 12:15 pm

These are all so perfectly Mod, great pics Andrea!

I have to confess, I really miss seeing all the full skirts and petticoats – at least Trudy is still working those dresses for me! 🙂

• Andrea Reply

April 18, 2012 at 11:38 am

I have a soft spot for most fashion between the 30s to 70s, so I am still enjoying Trudy’s dresses, too! I am partial to the mod look though, since I can wear it 🙂

April 17, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Love your picks, Andrea! That last one is a real knockout!

• Andrea Reply

April 18, 2012 at 11:43 am

I am really partial to that one too, Ruth, especially the long sleeved version!

4. Kathleen Reply

April 17, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Oooh, I love all of these! I’m with Sara, I admit to missing the more ’50s style dresses … but I also really adore all the new mod styles! Here’s my question for you gals regarding these dresses: Am I too old for them? (I’m 42) I’ve been coveting some patterns like these but worry about being able to pull it off. They are so youthful looking! 🙂

• Kristine Reply

April 17, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Oh, Heck No, you’re not too old! I’m 45! :D…you can check out my vintage wip’s on my page kitschnsinkstudio.blogspot.com. I just recently started sewing again, so just a couple finishes so far..but I’m nearly finished with a couple more. 🙂

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 17, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Kathleen – You are NEVER too old!!! Never, never, never!!! 🙂 Go for it girl!!!!!

• Andrea Reply

April 18, 2012 at 11:45 am

No way! I thing the mod styles are quite classic, really! The key is picking the right fabric, IMO.

5. Meem Reply

April 17, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Ruthie – your grandmother made me that dress, third from the top, in light green (went great with my red hair, remember I used to have it too?). I wore it to a spring banquet my senior year in high school and to a homecoming dance my freshman year in college, one of the first formal dates with your father. He didn’t like the dress by the way, go figure. love you!