Home » MCM Fun » Author » SableMable » Won’t You Be My Neighbor Friday Edition! Long Beach, California

April 20, 2012

Won’t You Be My Neighbor Friday Edition! Long Beach, California

By Sablemable aka Jan

This is a pre-MCM contemporary waterfront home that was built in 1948.  There are 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms and 2 half bathrooms.  Lots of room here with 6,182 square feet, all for the price of $8,500,000.00.  Keith Muirhead of Equity Brokers (www.EquityRE.com) is the agent and can be contacted at 562-682-1558 (mobile).

This place just fascinates me!  It’s pretty well intact from 1948 and the location is fabulous!

Do you like this home, readers?

9 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor Friday Edition! Long Beach, California

April 20, 2012 at 10:36 am

Very elegant and wow, you hardly ever get to see a period 40’s bathroom like that in a house. I love that staircase. Yeah, I’d live there if you twisted my arm. 😉

April 20, 2012 at 10:55 am

That staircase! Oh my goodness! What an amazing place!

3. Silvercat Reply

April 20, 2012 at 10:56 am

Oooo, so awesome. Seconding the love for the staircase! And the paneling is great!

April 20, 2012 at 11:51 am

Gorgeous! I loooove the original bathroom!

5. jan Reply

April 20, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I want that house! My favorite is the dining room!

6. Toni Reply

April 20, 2012 at 3:32 pm

The house is gorgeous (though the stairs make me nervous. Those gaps are big enough for kids to stick their heads). You know the buyer is going to gut this house. 🙁

April 20, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Hi, Gang!

Glad you love this house, too! When I first saw the staircase, it was love at first sight!

I think the tiles in the bathroom could have been from Pittsburgh Glass, but don’t quote me on it.

LOL, Toni, at the kids sticking their heads between the steps! Just joking, though, as that would be a classic case of the panics. I, being 57 years old would get my foot (or feet) caught in the gap and be trapped for days on end.

How about that bar in betwen the living and dining rooms? Martini, anyone?

Wish they would have snapped more photos.

8. Sara In AZ Reply

April 20, 2012 at 4:38 pm

It’s really just fantastically beautiful isn’t it!

9. Onyx Reply

April 21, 2012 at 4:22 am

I live pretty close to that house, it IS in a fabulous area. I’ve always wondered what it looked like on the inside so this is awesome.