Home » MCM Fun » Author » SableMable » Won’t You Be My Neighbor Friday Edition! Portland, Oregon

May 4, 2012

Won’t You Be My Neighbor Friday Edition! Portland, Oregon

By Sablemable

I am always thrilled to find a modern home on the cusp of MCM because it gives us a peek at all the wonderful designs to come.

This ranch home, called “daylight ranch” (is this a west coast description, gang?  I’ve never heard of that term used before.), was built in 1949.  At 2420 SW Boundary Street the home is nestled among woods and wildlife, yet shopping is only 8 blocks away.  There are 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a 1 car attached garage. Nice authentic details abound and, there is cork flooring!  Windermere Cronin & Caplan Realty Group has the listing and may be reached at (503) 227-5500.  The price is $345,000.00.

THE EXTERIOR

12410389-1

12410389-2

THE INTERIOR

12410389-5

12410389-6

12410389-7

12410389-8

12410389-12

12410389-13

12410389-9

I love this house!  Do you, readers?

9 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor Friday Edition! Portland, Oregon

May 4, 2012 at 10:04 am

Me too! I love those big windows that look out into the wooded area. Just think of the squirrel watching! And the kitchen and the detail on the bathroom floor. Ooh! And the sliding storage over the bathroom vanity. And the fireplace and the basement. I should never answer these things. I sound like a four year old who is asked what she wants for Christmas.

2. Silvercat Reply

May 4, 2012 at 11:43 am

I love all of it, but especially the floors! Anybody who’d mess up this gorgeous house deserves to be hit upside the head.

3. Sara In AZ Reply

May 4, 2012 at 11:50 am

I do love this house! It looks like it’s in such a lovely area too, so serene – awesome!

May 4, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! That fireplace is absolutely fantastic!

5. Rita@thissortaoldlife Reply

May 4, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I’m not familiar with “daylight ranch” but daylight basement is a term I’ve heard since I was a kid. It’s basically a raised ranch. Maybe we focus on “daylight” because it’s so often gray here in Portland!

• sablemable Reply

May 5, 2012 at 11:46 am

Thanks for the insight, Rita! LOL, gray days are in abundance here in Michigan, too!

May 5, 2012 at 9:09 am

Wow, that is a keeper!! With a little restoration, and a little Feed N Wax on those kitchen cabinets, it would be a real showplace!

May 5, 2012 at 11:46 am

I’m beginning to have a new appreciation of avocado carpeting, LOL!

8. Angela @ Cottage Magpie Reply

May 8, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Heh! Yes, when I was a kid they were called “daylight basement” — but nowadays (well, since the late ’90s) they call them “daylight ranches” or “day ranches.” I think that’s because nobody wants to call attention to the fact that the lower level is a basement. In the PNW, basements = wet, so having a dry one is unusual. Although not true of the daylight ranches, probably because the ground usually slopes away fromt the house. ANYWAY, yes, that’s what they’re called ’round here. I think the East Coast term is “walkout basement”?

This house is in a GORGEOUS area of Portland called “Hillsdale” — it’s all hilly and forest-y and pretty like that, with a little market area nearby and just a few minutes from downtown Portland. Really nice.

~Angela~