Home » Decade » 1950 » Kool Kitsch For Sale on eBay

June 2, 2012

Kool Kitsch For Sale on eBay

By Sara In AZ

Check out the cool finds for sale this week on eBay y’all!

First up, this super cool Vintage 1950s Portable Bar Case from seller oregontiquer.

Check out this New Old Stock Recessed Brass Wall Clock from seller pcobra93. AWESOME!!!

Are you looking for some vintage wallpaper? You have to see this Vintage Sears Harmony House Western Wallpaper from seller doostysmama, she has 4 rolls listed for sale in separate auctions so if you are looking for multiple rolls this could be your chance to scoop some retro wallpaper up!

I just adore these pretty Pink Bradley Ceramic Wall Plaque Fish from seller nordyqueen.

If only I could get my hands on some of this fabric……..Check out these Vintage JLS Frieze Fabric Samples from seller treasuresgaloreunlimited. Want! Want!Want a bolt of all of these fabrics!!!!!

Awww, pretty blue poodles, so cute! Check out the Vintage Kreiss Spaghetti Poodles from seller luckyccattle01.

Here is a FAB Vintage Starburst Bathroom Light Bar from seller ninny-poo.

I managed to find not one, but two FAB shadowboxes for sale this week!

First up this Mid Century Atomic Shadowbox from seller patron-saint-of-nothing-much.

And then there is this FAB Mid Century Shadowbox from seller umkcprof. The description says no shipping, but I think I’d message the seller and beg them to ship if I was in the market! You could always have it shipped through uShip where they do all the work!

Check out this ultra hip and ultra cool Mid Century Modern Mondrian Sunbeam Wall Clock from seller crud-palace . LOVE!!!!!

Lastly, y’all MUST check out this Vintage WWII Scrapbook from seller digmodern_dot_com. It’s 104 pages long and filled with all sorts of fun memorabilia. The scrapbook is titled “The Courtship of Dick and Aggie, plus memories of the War Years” ……Lord have mercy, if only I could afford it.

s12   s13

s14  s16

There is even a vintage Big Boy wrapper in the scrapbook!

Have a great weekend y’all!

15 Responses to Kool Kitsch For Sale on eBay

June 2, 2012 at 10:37 am

Wow, that scrapbook!! And you know that wallpaper is tugging at my heartstrings and empty purse strings.

• Sara In AZ Reply

June 2, 2012 at 10:54 am

I know Eartha, that scrapbook is amazeballs! I want it SO badly! And that wallpaper is like THE most adorable wallpaper EVER!!!

2. Laura Reply

June 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I always get emotional about things like that scrapbook. My first reaction is “how neat!” My second reaction is always something like, “who put Dick and Aggie out to the curb like a couple of orphans?” So sad that some family member didn’t see the value of this, but I hope it gets adopted by someone who will love it. It looks like it’s full of AMAZING things.

• Maureen Reply

June 2, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I feel exactly the same way. Whenever I see these kind of things up for sale, I get all choked up. Like you said, hopefully it will go to a good home, and they will cherish it and Aggie and Dick’s courtship will live on!

• Sara In AZ Reply

June 2, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I know Laura and Maureen, I totally agree. I don’t know if you ever saw my post on the Wedding Scrapbook I bought a long time ago, it was just as awesome of a scrapbook and just as sad of a story about it being sold.

• Maureen Reply

June 2, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I did read your lovely post about the wedding scrapbook, I am fairly new to this site, and spent the last few months reading all the archives. Your post had me in tears, I was pouring over the pictures, the sweet telegrams-just wonderful. I was so happy that scrapbook had found a happy home.

• Sara In AZ Reply

June 3, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Maureen! Thank you SO much for reading through all of our archives! There are so many cool posts we have all done in the past, I’m glad you were able to check them out.

I’m glad you enjoyed the wedding scrapbook post. I adore that scrapbook and will treasure it always.

June 2, 2012 at 5:20 pm

So many things that bring a tear to my eye this week! First off, that scrapbook, oh my goodness. I agree with everyone, I hope this finds a good home so Dick and Aggie can be appreciated!

Also, those shadowboxes!

And, AND that recessed wall clock. Oh my goodness.

• Sara In AZ Reply

June 2, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I know, let’s all bust out the Kleenex why don’t we!!! 🙂

I hoping someone we know will buy that scrapbook and then scan each and every page so we can revel in it’s glory!

June 2, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Love that wallpaper, and that Mondrian clock is gorgeous!

• Sara In AZ Reply

June 3, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I know, that clock just kills me Andrea!

5. Sherree Reply

June 3, 2012 at 8:47 pm

How could anyone get rid of that scrapbook?
    I love it all 🙂

• Sara In AZ Reply

June 4, 2012 at 8:19 am

It’s just so sad isn’t it Sherree….I really don’t understand.

6. Toni Reply

June 4, 2012 at 3:24 am

Love the Mondrian clock & the western wallpaper. I’m guessing maybe Dick & Aggie didn’t have kids?

• Sara In AZ Reply

June 4, 2012 at 8:21 am

I suppose that is possible, that they did not have any kids. It just seems so sad that NO ONE in the family wanted it though.