July 2, 2012Voting Begins For The Worst Gelatin Recipe From Our Glistening And Jiggly Contest!
This is it, people!!! Time for you all to vote for who you think should be the recipient of the much-coveted title of “Worst Mid-Century Gelatin Recipe”!
First, I’d like to shoot off a ton of thank-you’s to everyone who sent in a recipe, commented on the posts and shared them on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc. The reason these contests are a ridiculous amount of fun is because you guys make them that way. Thank you so much!
I would also like to send a mega-thanks to all of our sponsors who were generous enough to supply this contest with some awesome prizes. Seriously, I want to keep every one of these for myself, but I love all you people so much that I won’t do that. Instead, I will share them with you!
1. A Dorothy Thorpe Silver Band Large Salad Bowl that matches the fantabulous (and Mad Men famous) Roly Poly Trim glasses from our wonderful sponsor Brigitte from My Nifty Thrifty
2. Four lovely mid-mod print placemats from our friend and sponsor Renee from Crash Pad Designs!
3. A brand new copy of Thoroughly Modern Milkshakes by Adam Ried from W.W. Norton & Company, Inc.
4. A set of handmade coasters from our friend Christy at OrWa Designs, which I am seriously jealous over!
6. A fabulous “Galactique” brooch from our fab friends at The CRAVEyard!
Oh, that’s right:
5. All of these fab prizes, which Tom so generously donated out of my own personal stash.
Hey…wait a minute….
And now, to the most important part! Here are the four finalists again, in case you have forgotten the hideous images. They are presented in reverse order, because that seems more exciting. Almost like we are counting down to something. Something…horrible.
This is Chicken Mousse submitted by Michele. It’s pretty much just chicken ice cream.
Which is messed up and unnaturally weird.
And Tom agrees.
This is Molded Sea-Food Salad, submitted by Michelle.
It was gross, with a rancid fish flavor.
It made Tom make this face.
This is Pineapple Olive Salad. This jiggly abomination was sent to us by Angela.
And it was terrible.
This is what Tom thought.
This is Tomato Ham Salad Loaf.
And it tasted like crap.
And now it is up to you! Who will be our grand prize “Worst” winner?!?!
Voting starts now and goes until 7/10/2012, with Grand Prize winner announced on 7/11! You can vote once a day. Tell your friends to come and vote, too. The more the merrier!
*Disclaimer: The prizes mentioned above were provided by our sponsors at no cost to me!