Home » MCM Fun » Author » Reader Lydia’s Lovely and Glam Cape Cod

September 24, 2012

Reader Lydia’s Lovely and Glam Cape Cod

By RetroRuth

Do I need to tell you how thrilled I was when I got this wonderful pic in my email the other day??

house 2

Totally gorgeous!!!

And the email I got with the pic was even more wonderful.

Hi Ruth

I just want to share some pictures of my living room. I live in a 1930’s home in Utah.  My home is mostly 50s, but I have a art deco room too. I found my living room chair couch, and ottoman on a local site like craigslist. The man I got it from said his mother kept plastic covers on it so the condition was excellent. He gave us the lamps and side table for free, I was so thrilled!  Anyway, thank you for your wonderful site.

Sincerely,

Lydia

Of course, I immediately emailed Lydia back and begged for more pictures of her wonderful home. Luckily for all of us, she sent me a ton!

photo (2)

She also wrote more about her awesome living room set score:

I can’t stop staring at my living room set!  I sit in that room with Nat King Cole playing and read my vintage glamour magazines.  I got the couch chair and ottoman for $750 and I couldn’t believe it he gave me the lamps and end tables for free. I got the shadow box at a antique mall for $120!  Vintage furniture and clothes are so cheap here. Not to many people are into it here so things are so inexpensive compared to big cities. I try to wear vintage everyday.

image

image2

image3

image4

image5

image6

image7

image8

image9

image10

And, as a bonus, here is the lovely Lydia!!

image11

All dressed in vintage, of course!

If you want to check out Lydia’s eBay store, she currently has this amazing hot air balloon dress for sale!

099

Thanks for the great pics, Lydia! You have a lovely home!

14 Responses to Reader Lydia’s Lovely and Glam Cape Cod

1. Sherree Reply

September 24, 2012 at 8:46 am

Oh what a lovely home!
    What a bargain on the living room furniture. I love the shadowbox.
    Thanks for sharing.

2. Tasha Reply

September 24, 2012 at 9:21 am

Everything about her home puts a big, huge smile on my face!

September 24, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Lydia! Darling home and your tastes in decorating are fantastic!

You looked like you stepped out of a 1950s fashion plate! Beautiful!

September 24, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Lydia! Your house is absolutely fantastic! I don’t think I could pick one thing that I like the most about it, you’ve got it done up so perfectly!

5. Silvercat Reply

September 24, 2012 at 1:07 pm

So gorgeous. It’s hard to decide, but I think I love the kitchen best of all! I love the sink and those green handles and…

6. lydia Reply

September 24, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I am thinking of painting the living room walls. They are white now. I would like pink but since i am married i have to compromise. Any suggestions? Thanks Lydia

7. Sara In AZ Reply

September 24, 2012 at 2:39 pm

What an amazing home you have Lydia! I particularly love your living room! That fabric on your living room set looks to be in fantastic shape which is SO hard to find anymore. Great finds!

I think pink would be a really great choice to go against the color of your living room furniture, but if you had to make another choice maybe you could think about chartreuse green??? Maybe???

8. lydia Reply

September 24, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Hi Sara
    I agree i think green will look amazing. Paint gives me anxiety I am never happy with the shade I choose. I guess I will be getting lots of samples. Also next on my list will be curtains.

9. Jana B. Reply

September 25, 2012 at 9:53 pm

What a fabulous house!! And she looks great as well!

10. Pingback: This Week In The News – A Bunch Of Pictures Of Pets, We Are On Instagram and Advice Needed For Painting A Living Room | No Pattern Required

11. apsutter Reply

December 19, 2012 at 5:01 am

This house and the furniture is amazing!!! I love the blue velvety looking chair by the staircase. My dream is to find and buy a time capsule from the 1960′s and live in mod heaven or buy an adorable cape cod from the 40′s and live like an old Hollywood movie star!

12. Pingback: This Week In The News – Froggy Embroidery and Your Excellent Advice For Lydia’s Living Room | No Pattern Required