Home » Decade » 1950 » Recent Thrift Store Finds

September 20, 2012

Recent Thrift Store Finds

By Sara In AZ

Y’all know that I have definitely been hitting up the thrift stores around here lately, I’ve just been remiss in showing you all what I’ve found. So let’s all check out my recent thrifting finds!

I found this really cool vintage EJS spun aluminum bullet light.

100_1416a

I think these vintage mosaic tile trays are really neat and I thought the shape of this one was super cool too.

100_1419a

I found these vintage Progress wall sconces, Mint In Box, at my local Restore.

100_1422a

I found these Salem Biscayne bowls at the local Goodwill.

100_1426a

I could not resist this cute little Holt Howard Christmas Angel.

100_1427a

Hee! I thought this vintage Enesco “drunk guy” mug was too funny to pass up.

100_1428a

I thought these vintage bar glasses were pretty cool and atomic looking.

100_2342a

I thought this vintage souvenir ashtray was really sweet and I like that amoeba shape too!

100_2361a

And last, but not least…..I found this really sweet piece of vintage plaid barkcloth.  It is actually a fairly large piece, but that is hard to tell from the pic since it’s all folded up.

100_2417a

How about y’all??? Anyone out there have some really great  thrifting scores lately?

19 Responses to Recent Thrift Store Finds

1. Roxy Reply

September 20, 2012 at 9:16 am

Those bar glasses were a great find!

• Sara In AZ Reply

September 20, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Thanks so much Roxy, I thought they were super cool!

2. pam kueber Reply

September 20, 2012 at 10:06 am

great deal on those sconces — and drunken mug, too. those are my faves!

• Sara In AZ Reply

September 20, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I know Pam, I just could not pass up those sconces at only $4 each! And yeah, that mug…so crazy/funny isn’t it!

September 20, 2012 at 10:12 am

Eee!!! You know I love the barkcloth! The ashtray is cool, too! Great finds!

• Sara In AZ Reply

September 20, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Thanks Ruth! I knew you’d love the barkcloth, and it’s always best when you can get it cheap isn’t it! 🙂

4. Sherree Reply

September 20, 2012 at 11:08 am

I can picture that plaid bark cloth in a knotty pine room 🙂
    Love it all!

• Sara In AZ Reply

September 20, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Oh my gosh, yes! That would be perfect for the barkcloth Sherree!!! Maybe our dream retro house will have a room full of KP!!! Here’s hoping!!! 🙂

5. Crystal in Texas Reply

September 20, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I LOVE the mosaic tray. I have a collection of those that I keep on my back porch where they keep a beautiful vintage tile plant stand company! Great blog BTW!

• Sara In AZ Reply

September 20, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I glad to know you like the blog Crystal, that really makes my day! 🙂 And yes, I have a growing collection of those mosaic trays too…….seems like I always have to pick them up whenever I see them, I just love them!

September 20, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I have those same bar glasses, but in a taller size! I love them, they are my daily drinkers, heh. That bullet light was a freaking awesome find!

• Sara In AZ Reply

September 20, 2012 at 3:03 pm

That’s SO cool that you have the same glasses in a larger size Andrea! I’d use those all the time too if I had them in a bigger size. I know, I just could not pass up that bullet light, even though we don’t have a use for it…..yet. 🙂

7. Jen Reply

September 20, 2012 at 6:05 pm

The bowls are darling, but I LOVE the glasses! They are going to look just great on the bar. 🙂

• Sara In AZ Reply

September 20, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Thanks so much Jen! 🙂 Those glasses are pretty special, and you are right they will look great on the bar!

8. Keith Reply

July 28, 2014 at 11:49 pm

I have complete set of the drunk face mugs by Enesco. I have tried to find a value. Can you tell me what they might be worth. They are in perfect condition.

Thanks, Keith

• Sara In AZ Reply

July 29, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Hi Keith….how cool that you have a complete set! I am sorry, I do not know the value of the mugs – either singly or as a set…..you could watch ebay/etsy and if a set ever comes up you could note what it sells for, sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

• Keith Reply

July 29, 2014 at 1:04 pm

No problem. I did find a set of 6 last night. They had some damage and the price for the set was $67.50. Mine have no chips, just some crackling.

Thank you for responding so quickly. Keith

9. Keith Reply

July 29, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Oh, the mugs are Kitchner by Enesco and called the 6 steps to inebreation.