Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Clare, Michigan

September 16, 2012

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Clare, Michigan

By Sablemable

This is great!  Reader and follower Randy sent this MCM home to us to feature!

Located at 707 S. Rainbow Street in Clare, Michigan (about 1 hour and 25 mins. N of Lansing on I-75) is a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom brick ranch built in 1961.  This is an original owner home (yippee-skippee!) so be prepared to faint.

A whole lotta room here; 3,739 square feet and a huge yard.

The price is $109,900 and the home is listed with Century21 Pioneer, 989-386-7776.

Photos are courtesy of Realtor (www.realtor.com), but I adjusted the exposures for better detail.

THE EXTERIOR

EXT

EXT2

EXT3

EXT4

EXT5

EXT6

THE INTERIOR

The Foyer

FOYER

The Living Room

LR1

You can see the dining room and kitchen.  Nice flow!

LR3

The Dining Room

DR1

The Kitchen

KIT1

KIT2

KIT3

The Bedrooms

BD2

BD2A

BD1

BD3

BD4

One of the Bathrooms

It looks like the tub/toilet/sink are tan, due to the beige wall tiles.

BATH1

BATH2

The Basement

BS1

This is a treasure!  Thank you, Randy, for sending us this way cool home!  Keep up the good work!

So, readers?

7 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Clare, Michigan

1. 60's Sal Reply

September 16, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I think I just may have to commute from Clare!! Love this house!

September 16, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Really beautiful! It just goes to show – older homes can last and last….and seriously last if they’re taken care of.

September 16, 2012 at 11:43 pm

The kitchen with the pink appliances is fantastic!

4. Joyce Wagner Reply

September 17, 2012 at 7:26 am

OMG I’m in love. We are looking to relocate to Grand Rapids, MI but I think this might be our dream house. Wonder if the hubs would consider this area instead?!

• RetroRuth Reply

September 17, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Joyce! I LOVE Clare, it is just an adorable town! You should totally work on your hubs to move there. 🙂

5. Jen Reply

September 17, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Oh, I love it, I love it all! The kitchen is fabulous! Clare is such a nice town, too.

(Fair warning, all: Even using Kilz, that hot pink will take at least 5 coats of primer. I learned after we bought THIS house.)

BTW, here’s one I found (and am lusting after). Sadly, we’ve only lived here a year and it would take an act of God to get Hubby to move so soon. Ah, well. I would like some acreage, and this doesn’t really have it, so I won’t whine…too much.

• RetroRuth Reply

September 19, 2012 at 1:11 pm

That is a SWEET house, Jen! Wow!