Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Omaha, Nebraska

September 2, 2012

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Omaha, Nebraska

Today’s home is brought to you by our own Retro Ruth and it is a beauty!

Located at 5210 Jones Street, this 2 story brick house was built in 1954 (good year!), has 3 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms and one half bathroom. There is 3,835 square feet of living space. The price is $457,500.00 and CBS Homes Real Estate has the listing. Photos are courtesy of CBS Homes.

Without giving away anything, I’ll let the pictures do the talking and you can discover the wonderful details yourself.

My mouth is still hanging open.  I can’t find one thing that I would improve on this home.

Tell me what you think, readers?

14 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Omaha, Nebraska

1. Mary Toodles Reply

September 2, 2012 at 9:21 am

How neat. The bathrooms are superb and off the charts! Not a fan of their furniture but love the kitchen area, great colors. That is really an interesting house. Looks super solid.

2. Debra Reply

September 2, 2012 at 10:00 am

I LOVE this home who ever makes this jewel theirs is one lucky buyer! I wouldn’t change anything 🙂

• Anonymous Reply

September 2, 2012 at 11:03 am

I couldn’t agree more………sigh……..

3. Desirae Reply

September 2, 2012 at 10:19 am

Swoon! I love the bathrooms, especially the glass shower door.

4. Laura Reply

September 2, 2012 at 11:51 am

Leave it to me to be the one to comment on the toilet seat. 😉 I don’t think I’ve ever seen a marbled-look one like is shown in the red/pink bathroom. The sinks in all the bathrooms are amazing. Wish I could just go to Lowe’s and order one, just like that! Well, the bathrooms are just straight up amazing, period. Not just the sinks!

5. Shannon H. Reply

September 2, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Among other things I like how the kitchen ceiling colour matches the counter.

6. Brian Reply

September 2, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Wow! The terrazzo floor with the compass rose, the patio (!!!), the bathrooms, the kitchen, the fireplace, the basement, the flamingos, the curved glass wall. This is one amazing home. If I had the money I’d buy it immediately. Love it!

7. Toni Reply

September 2, 2012 at 2:35 pm

That is a perfect house. It’s MCM and contemporary at the same time. Lovely.

8. Jen Reply

September 3, 2012 at 1:28 am

I’m obsessing over the entry way wallpaper. Does anyone have any ideas what the pattern is, or who the manufacturer might be?

9. Onyx Reply

September 3, 2012 at 4:38 am

WOW! The kitchen! The bathrooms! The Flamingos!! All of my want.

10. Sara In AZ Reply

September 3, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Lord have mercy, THAT is my dream houes…..now if I could only get Mike to move to Omaha! 🙂

11. pam kueber Reply

September 3, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I will take the Mosaic Tile Company mural, please!

12. Sevina Reply

June 29, 2013 at 10:24 am

As soon as I saw that friendly front porch gathering area, I was sold. Can just imagine all the wonderful times had there with family and friends. And that kitchen – wow! Love everything about this house! I see it finally sold in October 2012 for 445,000.00, so the owners had to come down a little, but not much!

13. Travis Reply

July 22, 2013 at 12:19 pm

My wife and I were at an estate sale at this home a few years ago–primarily looking for some MCM items for our home. As we were about to pay for our items (vintage cookbook, a mink stole from The Brandeis store, and a Harmonicats LP), someone called out my name. It was the mother of two of my college friends. She said the house was designed and built for her parents. (The name of the architect escapes me, but I will look into it.)