Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor Friday Edition-Benton Harbor, Michigan

November 23, 2012

Won’t You Be My Neighbor Friday Edition-Benton Harbor, Michigan

By Sablemable

I love finding new MCM homes for sale in my home town and today’s home is a classic!

Built in 1950, this brick ranch has 3 bedrooms, 1 full bathroom, 1 half bathroom and is going for $68,800.00Edgewater Realty has the listing and may be contacted at (269) 983-4783.

Photos are courtesy of Keller Williams.

THE EXTERIOR

12060603

Hope you can see the front door design.  And the letter on the screen door scroll is the letter I (I looked up the owner in my 1956 city directory).

12060603_01

THE INTERIOR

12060603_02

12060603_03

12060603_04

12060603_05

12060603_06

12060603_07

12060603_08

12060603_09

Apparently this was still owned by the original owners, who, thank God, didn’t remodel.

What did you like about this home, readers?

10 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor Friday Edition-Benton Harbor, Michigan

1. Desirae Reply

November 23, 2012 at 11:41 am

The furniture and the chenille bedspread!

2. rae Reply

November 23, 2012 at 12:44 pm

amazing! i love the furniture that is still there, and the bull dog in the bathroom!

November 23, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Super cute! And they would have to throw in that boston terrier planter with the deal if I were able to buy it.

4. Laura Reply

November 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm

The kitchen looks to be in terrific condition. Score!

5. Joyce Wagner Reply

November 23, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I likee! The Frank Lloyd Wright student house already had an offer. Gonna call our agent and leave a message to look at this one. Fingers crossed!

6. Joyce Wagner Reply

November 23, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Oh and what I liked? EVERYTHING! Especially the kitchen!

7. Jen Reply

November 24, 2012 at 1:48 am

What’s not to love!

Suddenly feeling the urge to emigrate…

8. Lorie B. Reply

November 25, 2012 at 7:47 pm

haha, the agent is my minister’s son-in-law and a good friend of mine. I might have to ask him if they would part with some of that AWESOME furniture….lovely house.

9. Joyce Wagner Reply

December 2, 2012 at 8:26 pm

We went. We saw. We loved! Except the area the house is in. A little part of me died when I saw this house – it was perfect, exactly what we want and needed nothing more than a good cleaning and painting. BUT the area is just a little too seedy and rough for me. Had it been just a couple streets in a different direction we’d be signing papers. I’m so sad….It really is a time capsule!

10. Lorie B. Reply

December 17, 2012 at 9:42 pm

We went to the house as well. Jason told me it is an estate of a widow woman who had no other family. So very sad. the estate holders are just selling everything. We were able to purchase the kitchen table and chairs (6 of them, and in perfect condition) and the living room tables and lamps. I am hoping he will get us back in to buy the desk in the one bedroom and the vintage television. It was so weird, for it was like stepping back into time. So, THANK YOU Jan for posting this.