Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Countdown to Kitschmas – Mice Ornaments!

December 18, 2012

Countdown to Kitschmas – Mice Ornaments!

Ever since I wrote a blog post last year called Dreaming Big about Christmas crafts I wanted to do, I’ve been getting people contacting me, desperate to find out how to get ahold of the pattern for some adorable mice ornaments I featured. They all had the same story – they remembered the mice from their childhoods and wanted to replace the ones that had been lost over the years. Well they hadn’t been super high on my list to make before, but now I was inspired to see what all the fuss was about! So I set off making, of course, the elf mouse.

He was actually quite fun to make. It’s all hand sewing so it was a nice relaxing project to work on while Little Betty and I watched Miracle on 34th Street and drank eggnog. Cause we’re Christmas obsessed.

And here he is! I must admit, I can see why these little mice ornaments are so beloved now. He’s so darling!

I can’t wait to make the rest now! My plan is to make one every year until I have the whole set.
Reader Jan was kind enough to send me a picture of her mice ornaments. She was so excited to get started making the complete set!

If anyone else wants to make these cute little mice ornaments, all you have to do is contact me and I will happily send you the pattern! Or you can search out this magazine – McCalls Christmas Crafts in Felt. I’d love to feature pictures of any mice ornaments you all make so please send them to me!

Merry Kitschmas y’all!

20 Responses to Countdown to Kitschmas – Mice Ornaments!

1. tina Reply

December 18, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I would love this pattern. I love a little project that can be done while watching TV!

tina08210@aol.com

thanks so much!

• Betty Crafter Reply

December 18, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Sure thing Tina! I’m sending it right over!

December 18, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Aswww, your little mouse is too cute!

• Betty Crafter Reply

December 18, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Thanks Andrea! I kinda love him :)

• Mary Roberts Reply

October 17, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Please send me the pattern! My mother had at least 60 pairs of the mice. She was part of a craft club at our church and they sold these every year. My mother passed last year and all I wanted was the mice. Unfortunately, someone took all the mice except for 8. She made Santa & Mrs. Clause, Chef mice, Spanish dancer mice, bride and groom mice. They were amazing. The kids and I want to try and recreate the mice and each of will have some on our tree. I would greatly appreciate it. thanks and God bless.

Mary

December 18, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Sooooo cute! I can’t sew a lick so I’m off of the list but …. CUTE!

• Betty Crafter Reply

December 19, 2012 at 9:07 am

Eartha, I wouldn’t be surprised if you found some of these little dudes in your vintage craft-buying adventures. Apparently they were quite prevalent!

4. Angie Reply

December 19, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Me me! I would love to make these and your idea of doing 1 a year is brilliant. Why overwhelm yourself doing them all.

5. Melissa Reply

December 19, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Love this post!! Any chance I could get a copy of the pattern as well? So adorable and reminds me of my childhood!

6. Kate Reply

December 20, 2012 at 1:01 pm

WOuld you mind sending me the pattern as well? I am in LOVE with these and all the other christmas decorations too!

7. mub Reply

December 20, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Oh he’s wonderful! I would love a copy of the pattern =)

8. Sara In AZ Reply

December 22, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Great job on the mouse Betty, he is just precious!

9. deena Reply

January 7, 2013 at 4:10 am

Is it too late to get a copy of this sweet pattern? I’m actually trying to get a jump on next December.
    Thank you!
    dustbunny@gmail.com

10. Melinda Zinda Reply

April 21, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Please send me the pattern. I would love to make these cute little mice, too. Thanks. melindazinda@comcast.net

11. Justina Koshinsky Reply

November 16, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Oh Betty Crafter,

If it is possible to send me the pattern I would love to have it. I have been looking for years for these mice! Our Christmas tree was filled with them as a kid and I want to make a set for each of my children.

Thank-you so much

Justina

12. Paula Coffey Reply

November 24, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I hope it is not to late to request a pattern. I had some of these as a child and would love to be able to make replacements. Thank you!

13. Pingback: This IS Your Granny’s Crafting! The Weirdly Popular Mice Ornaments | No Pattern Required

14. Mink Reply

December 29, 2013 at 8:47 am

Hi – I thought I’d wait til the xmas rush was over to say please can I have a copy of the mice pattern too? They’re fabulous and my children would love to see them on our tree next year (as would I!). Thanks.

15. Melinda Zinda Reply

January 2, 2014 at 9:02 pm

If you wouldn’t mine emailing me a copy of the pattern, I would appreciate it very much!

16. Misty Currie Reply

February 9, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I would love to receive this pattern if you are still offering it. I would truly appreciate it.