Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Mid-Century Modern Bathrooms-Alive & Well!

December 7, 2012

Mid-Century Modern Bathrooms-Alive & Well!

By Sablemable

Thought I’d do something different today and showcase some lovely MCM bathrooms I found while do my daily real estate search.

Photos are courtesy of Keller Williams.

Enjoy!

New Buffalo, Michigan

newbuffalomi1

St. Paul, Minnesota

stpaulmn1

Tulsa, Oklahoma

tulsa1

Aren’t these bathrooms wonderful?

8 Responses to Mid-Century Modern Bathrooms-Alive & Well!

1. Queen of Fifty Cents Reply

December 7, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Oooh, eye candy! But you’re just rubbing it in for those of us whose homes had remodeling done in the past, before we could stop it! Hmmm, a new use for time travel – going back to prevent your future MCM home from losing its vintage features…this could possibly be the plot for my next novel!

2. Sara In AZ Reply

December 7, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Ooooooohhhhhhh, that aqua bathroom in Tulsa……those Crane sinks……totally swoon-worthy!!!

3. Tracie@MiddleClassModern Reply

December 7, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I love all of those bathrooms, but the gray tile with the louvered doors is amazing. Swoon.

We have a basic mid-century pink bathroom we’re about to do a little restoration on: http://middleclassmodern.blogspot.com/2012/08/first-glimpses-house-tour.html.

December 7, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Oh my god!! Gorgeous!!!

December 8, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Those pink ones are gorgeous, but the aqua one in Tulsa is truly fantastic!

December 9, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I think my favorite is the blue bath in Tulsa!

Happy that you all enjoyed these wonderful bathrooms!

7. Laura Reply

December 11, 2012 at 12:14 am

Can I put in a vote for the Tulsa bathroom as well? Wowza. So cool!

8. Kathy Reply

June 16, 2017 at 1:51 am

I uncovered a pink French pattern mosaic floor under ugly ceramic tile. I was using a hammer to break the tile loose and the 1956 tile wasn’t affected to my amazement. I know it was laid in a base of cement, but the tile and grout is in great shape. A light Muriatic acid solution would clean the tile to close to its original form. Although I am not thrilled it is pink, I do appreciate the skill that went into setting it and love the pattern. I’ve researched staining the pink tiles gray, and have tried to find what is the composite that has made them indestructible, have to believe it is concrete – ceramic would have cracked. Even the marble threshold into the linen closet is in perfect condition. My neighbor has the same floor, but his is black and white (I wish). My parents had the same tile in blue in their 1959 ranch. It is true, they don’t make them like they use to.