Home » Decade » 1950 » Amazing Fred Weaver Designed Mid Century Modern Home For Sale In Phoenix

January 3, 2013

Amazing Fred Weaver Designed Mid Century Modern Home For Sale In Phoenix

By Sara In AZ

Wow! Fantastic! Spectacular! What more can I say about this fabulous Mid Century Modern house that popped up for sale recently here in Phoenix! Unfortunately, this house is way out of our price range and not quite the location we want….but I completely wanted to share it with everyone here because I know you all will love this place as much as I do!

This house, for sale from Principal Realty, is located at 712 West Vernon Avenue Phoenix Arizona. It has 4 bedrooms and  2 baths with 2394 sq feet. and was built in 1951. This house is listed for $475,000.

Here is what the listing description says:

Fred Weaver, co-founder of DWL Architects, designed and built this beautiful mid-century modern home as his personal residence! One of a kind Encanto district original! Stunning red brick interior and exterior, tongue & groove ceilings, New roof, New HVAC unit, New high efficiency duct work, New Remodeled pool (Pebble-Sheen), New pool pump motor, New flooring throughout (Stained Concrete/Overlay), New Interior Paint throughout, New High End Appliances, Remodeled Kitchen and Bathrooms to period. Professionally landscaped yard with New Metal Gates and Architectural Metal Elements, lots of windows, steps from Encanto golf course and much much more. A must see. Owner/agent.

Well, let’s check this place out!

Super amazing exterior, I LOVE all of that brick!

That carport is SO cool…and the front door too!

Oh.My.Gosh! All of that brick and wood AND that entry light……….someone pass the smelling salts!

Amaze-balls!

The listing description said the kitchen and baths had been remodeled to period…I cannot tell if these cabinets are metal or wood but it seems like a house this spectacular might need a bit more color or “jazzing” up in the kitchen.

Those ceilings are SOOOOO fabulous!

LOVE the fireplace and the floating built-in!

One of the bathrooms….I’m thinking the counter was originally the same aqua tile that I spy in the background, but it appears the vanity matches the rest of the built-ins in the house so I’d guess that is probably original.

Looks like this shower might have been re-done, but that sink is FAB! It might be a Crane (I think???) with those knobs!

From the outside looking in.

And it even has an awesome pool to boot!

If anyone buys this house be sure to invite me to the house-warming party!

All pictures from Principal Realty.

15 Responses to Amazing Fred Weaver Designed Mid Century Modern Home For Sale In Phoenix

1. Jen Reply

January 3, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Stunning!

2. Pam Lappin Reply

January 3, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I want that front door.

Love the courtyard pool!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 3, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Oh my gosh, I know Pam….I LOVE that front door!!!!

3. nickarmadillo Reply

January 3, 2013 at 7:28 pm

What a gorgeous home! I’m not sure about the bright white in the kitchen (I’d have gone with something darker like grey/black/brown), but that wood is to-die-for.

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 4, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean nickarmadillo….totally not a fan of “white, white, white” kitchens either, I wish they had used some color! And yes, that wood….I die! :)

4. Barb in Arizona Reply

January 3, 2013 at 9:40 pm

SARA!!! I want this house!! Ours is going up in the late spring..but this is out of our price range too… :( Hey..we could pool our money and take turns living in it…LOL!!!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 4, 2013 at 4:45 pm

HA! We should pool our $$$ and buy this place Barb…we could trade off every other month! :) It is SO cool though isn’t it, why does it have to be so expensive! :(

January 4, 2013 at 10:16 am

Wow is right! That house is fantastic! With just a couple of tweaks to the kitchen and the bathrooms it would be perfect. And that pool! Oh my goodness…

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 4, 2013 at 4:47 pm

I know Ruth, SO completely awesome isn’t it…. and with just a few tweaks it would be crazy-awesome! :)

6. Betty Crafter Reply

January 4, 2013 at 11:39 am

What an incredible house! The kitchen and bathrooms are a bit of a bummer but the rest of the house makes up for it for sure! If you were in that house you’d have the kitchen and baths perfect in no time with all your stored goodies!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 4, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Betty, this house would so be ours….if we could afford it! I know we could make that kitchen and those baths really sing if we could get our hands on them! :)

January 4, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Sooooooo gorgeous! Too bad it’s not the right house for you, Sara. :-(

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 4, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I know Andrea, it is too bad. I sure do hope that someone buys it who REALLY appreciates it!

January 4, 2013 at 5:38 pm

OMG! Do I love this home! I agree with you, Saraaaaa, that I don’t like this overly white kitchen. It’s boring. Your pink cabinets would certainly cheer it up!

I am a big fan of brick MCM homes and I would move in here in a NY minute!