Home » Decade » 1950 » Kool Kitsch For Sale on eBay

January 12, 2013

Kool Kitsch For Sale on eBay

By Sara In AZ

Hey y’all, check out all the cool stuff that is up for sale on eBay right now!

First up….are you having a vintage themed birthday party and you are in need of some party supplies – well how about these vintage Hallmark party goods! Check  out these

from seller kingzor54.

I have to admit – at first I saw these glasses and thought they were newer reproductions…..but they REALLY are vintage glasses! They were a give away for a mobile  home manufacturer in the 1950s – how cool! Check out these

from seller markhunter.

Oh my gosh, how adorable…a vintage western snack set! Love! Check out this

from seller bsappy.

Are you looking for A LOT of vintage new old stock shelf paper to spruce up those boring cabinet shelves – well look no further than this auction where you get a whopping 6 packages all for one low, low price! Check out this

from seller stlhardware.

What a cool auction lot - you get 2 really cool sets of salt and pepper shakers, still in the original box, and a cool clock in the shape of a vintage TV! Check out these

from seller gennified.

How cute is this vintage chicken measuring spoon holder?!? Check out this

from seller bulldogtreasures.

Oh wow, check out this cool

from seller expresso59.

Have you been on the hunt for vintage BBQ recipes, well look no further – this recipe book has you covered! Check out this

from seller brendag6477.

Normally I don’t put a lot of clothing in the kool kitsch posts, but I could not resist this deadstock boys shirt – how cool! Check out this

from seller snappygabs.

How adorable…..vintage watering can shade pulls! Check out these

from seller obviousboy.

Oh My Gosh! How FAB!!! Flamingo towels STILL in the box! LOVE it!!! Check out this

from seller shopalot4.

This retro “Chef” salt and pepper shaker set would surely be a great addition to any vintage kitchen! Check out this

from seller mainstreetantq.

Atomic barkcloth….does it get any better!?! Check out this

from seller krzltd.

How cute! A

from seller mjw-bsn – perfect for any age girl I’d say!

Aren’t these vintage glasses simply stunning? And they are in the original box too! Check out these

from seller neronillirk.

And, I had to include this spectacular starburst glass set too! Check out these

from seller keokooks.

Have you been trying to plan a vintage look kitchen remodel but just don’t know where to start – look no further than this Sunset book all on ‘Modern Kitchens’ from  the 50s and 60s! Check out this

from seller populuxe.

Holy wow! Could this vintage RCA tubes sign/wall clock be ANY more amazing?!? Check out this

from seller hoppie1960.

You must check out these really cool

from seller doncar15.

Here is just one of the ultra FABULOUS paintings being offered by El Gato Gomez this week! Check out this

and be sure to check out all of the other great paintings by El Gato Gomez too!

Whoa, what a rockin’ retro couch! Don’t you just love that little round end piece the best! Check out this

from seller zhemiman.

Lastly, you’ll have to check out this

that is up for sale on eBay right now from seller oldegoodthings. From the sellers description……………………………..

This 1950′s Deco kitchen is original to the home of the Kresivich family that started Stella D’Oro cookies! The Kresivich family, better know as ‘the Stella D’oro family’ built this kitchen into their home in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York. The makers of famous baked goods obviously insisted on the best kitchen for their own home! Dates back to 1952. Contains white steel cabinets with ribbed glass fronts (some of the ribbed glass is missing) and inside lights, curved corners, cuphangers and two lazy-susans. The red countertops are unblemished with wide, chrome trim-edges. The kitchen has been kept in surprisingly good condition.

How cool, you could have the Stella D’Oro kitchen! And wow, those glass upper cabinets are just stunning aren’t they!

Have a great weekend y’all!

*Disclaimer: No Pattern Required is part of the eBay Partner Network, and that means that when you click on our eBay links we may earn a very small commission.

12 Responses to Kool Kitsch For Sale on eBay

January 12, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Fantastic finds, Sara, but WOW! That kitchen! I am absolutely swooning here!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 12, 2013 at 11:58 pm

I know Andrea, that kitchen is amaze-balls isn’t it!!!

January 12, 2013 at 6:17 pm

OMG, I’m choking from lack of air, Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Such fabulous finds!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 12, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Thanks Sable….now quick get yourself some smelling salts! :)

January 14, 2013 at 11:37 am

Oh my god! That deadstock men’s shirt!!! Love!!!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 14, 2013 at 11:58 am

I know, SO awesome isn’t it Ruth!!!

4. Jackie Reply

September 16, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Hi Sara! I just moved into a house built in the 50s with upper kitchen cabinets exactly like those! I’ve been searching online to find out if they’re worth anything and to get ideas for how to decorate the kitchen, and found your blog from a google image search. Do you happen to know how much those cabinets sold for? (Not that I’m going to sell mine…but it’s a good thing to know!)

5. Sara In AZ Reply

September 16, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Hi Jackie! SOOOO jealous!!! Everyone here would LOVE to have those awesome cabinets! I just looked on ebay and the cabinets in my post are actually still available – here is a link

$4500 is really, really high for a set of vintage metal cabinets…if they had the price down in the $1500 – $2000 range I’ll bet it would sell then….I would guess that is about what your cabinets are worth too.

There definitely is a huge following (and market) for the vintage metal cabinets…you are SO lucky to have found a house with the original cabinets still intact.

Your new house sounds simply amazing, if there is any chance you want to send in some pics we would all love to see!

sara@nopatternrequired.com

6. Jackie Reply

September 23, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Thanks Sara! That’s great to know! Our move was a bit rushed, and when we originally saw the house it was a VERY quick walk-through (maybe ten minutes), so I didn’t have a chance to get a good look at the house really until we moved in. I had pictures that I scrutinized in order to plan an remodel of the kitchen, but I’m glad I waited until I saw it in person to plan anything because I had no idea from the pictures the quality of the house. I thought the cabinets were plastic, and most of the sliding glass was stuck, so I thought it was missing and there were just ugly plastic shelves on the walls, and the glass was so grimy that I couldn’t even tell it had a ribbed design at all. But when I got to the house and had it cleaned and sprayed some lubricant on the doors, I was so happy with them! The original lower cabinets are still there too, but they’ve been refaced with wood…but it’s ugly and dated so I’m refacing them again and adding a quartz countertop. I’m also replacing the floor and the lighting (because they are in bad repair), but I’m leaving my lovely upper cabinets and the fun yellow tile on the walls. :)

So I’m afraid it’s not much to look at yet, but I’d love to send you pictures when it’s done! It’s a small house, and the rest of it isn’t quite as cute except for the bathrooms (I’ve got a pink tub with swans on the door and a teal and yellow tile shower with flamingos), but I’m happy to send those pictures along too.

• Sara In AZ Reply

September 23, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Dying over here Jackie!!!! :) Your house sounds AMAZING!!!! That kitchen…those bathrooms….you are very lucky to have found such a special house!

PLEASE, I am begging you….please send pics in when you are ready – I know everyone here would love to see your FAB house!

7. Jackie Reply

September 23, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Haha okay you’ve convinced me to send them already! But I’ll have to send you pictures again when it’s done!

8. Joanna in Chicago Reply

May 21, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Hello, I have been searching on the internet to see if anyone is selling 1950s hanging cabinets with the glass sliding doors. The ones pictured with the misty green glass doors are IDENTICAL to the ones in my mom’s house that we wanted to sell. I never thought I would find the same ones! I learned they are GE/Morton brand. Has anyone sold them and for how much? We are interested in selling the ones we have.