Home » Decade » 1950 » Kool Kitsch For Sale on eBay

January 26, 2013

Kool Kitsch For Sale on eBay

By Sara In AZ

Hey y’all, check out all the cool stuff that is up for sale on eBay right now!

The first couple items end super soon so if you like-y you’d better act fast!

First up, this super adorable children’s table set….if I had a kid this would surely be tops on my list for a playroom! Check out this document.write(‘Vintage Retro Childrens Formica Table Set‘);Vintage Retro Childrens Formica Table Set from seller tigers*deals.

This is hee-larious!!! I have never in my life seen a stuffed poodle ashtray before……well, now I guess I have! Check out this document.write(‘Vintage 1950s Stuffed Toy Poodle Ashtray‘);Vintage 1950s Stuffed Toy Poodle Ashtray from seller atomic-candy.

I know it’s not quite BBQ time yet, but it’s never to early to start planning those summer parties – and these would be the perfect serving trays for any gathering! Check out these document.write(‘Vintage Retro Kitchen BBQ Serving Trays‘);Vintage Retro Kitchen BBQ Serving Traysfrom seller cherylgeek.

Here is another FABULOUS set of 2 atomic paintings being offered by El Gato Gomez this week! Check out these document.write(‘2 El Gato Gomez Paintings Retro Cubist Mid Century Modern‘);2 El Gato Gomez Paintings Retro Cubist Mid Century Modern and be sure to check out all of the other great paintings by document.write(‘El Gato Gomez‘);El Gato Gomez

You really don’t see these Lustro Ware waste baskets around very often…..you’ll see a lot of kitchen canister sets and salt and pepper shakers, but the garbage cans are few and far between. Check out this document.write(‘Vintage Red Lustro Ware Waste Basket‘);Vintage Red Lustro Ware Waste Basket from seller manddbee.

I die…………….I completely die from all the cuteness that this tablecloth is!!! This old paper tablecloth is not is perfect shape but seriously………boy and girl astronauts with kitten and poodle co-astronauts……..yeah, I just died! hee! Check out this document.write(‘Vintage 1950s Atomic Space Birthday Paper Table Cloth‘);Vintage 1950s Atomic Space Birthday Paper Table Cloth from seller mcmodernsalesdesign

Also from seller mcmodernsalesdesign this crazy amazing document.write(‘Vintage Retro 1960s Psychedelic Flower Power Con Tact Shelf Paper‘);Vintage Retro 1960s Psychedelic Flower Power Con Tact Shelf Paper

I can never pass up an adorable poodle towel! Check out this document.write(‘Vintage 1950s Pink Poodle Cannon Bath Towel‘);Vintage 1950s Pink Poodle Cannon Bath Towel from seller stewdcat.

If you’ve been looking for that perfect atomic mid century trash can I’d say you found it right here…..and the same style trash can was also used in Don Draper’s office on Mad Men – see the pics in the listing! Cool! Check out this document.write(‘Vintage Atomic Mid Century Metal Trash Can‘);Vintage Atomic Mid Century Metal Trash Can from seller 1iara9.

Also from seller 1iara9 this super FAB document.write(‘Vintage Mid Century Modern Sailboat Wall Plaque and Clock Set‘);Vintage Mid Century Modern Sailboat Wall Plaque and Clock Set

I just love these Con Edison “Plan your Kitchen Kits”……what a cool way to plan your kitchen remodel! Check out this document.write(‘Vintage 50s Con Edison Plan Your Kitchen Kit‘);Vintage 50s Con Edison Plan Your Kitchen Kit from seller markb1712.

Why can’t they make 2 piece suits as cute as this anymore???? I wish! Check out this document.write(‘Vintage Kahala Hawaiian Womens Swimsuit‘);Vintage Kahala Hawaiian Womens Swimsuit from seller kellenant.

Eeeeeeeeee!!!! More poodle towels and a whole slew of them too! Check out these document.write(‘Vintage Days of The Week Poodle Towels Lot of 6‘);Vintage Days of The Week Poodle Towels Lot of 6 from seller tumbleweedantiques.

You must check out this amazingly cool document.write(‘Vintage Mid Century Modern Geometric Wall Planter‘);Vintage Mid Century Modern Geometric Wall Planter from seller miss-beck.

What a cool mid century modern wall clock! Check out this document.write(‘Vintage Geometric Sunbeam Atomic Wall Clock‘);Vintage Geometric Sunbeam Atomic Wall Clock from seller sunsurfsand2012.

These vintage Bow-Tie lamp clocks are so fantastic and this one has a really great starting price too! Check out this document.write(‘Vintage United Clock Corporation Bow Tie Lamp Clock‘);Vintage United Clock Corporation Bow Tie Lamp Clock from seller loten171717.

Lastly, don’t we all just go nuts for the starburst escutcheons……………….but then we fumble around trying to figure out what doorknob goes along with it and how to get it spaced right and then it all turns into a big huge mess and we just give up. Well seller aaronbourne has it all figured out for us! YAY! You get the escutcheon and doorknob all as a set, how awesome is that! Check out this document.write(‘Vintage Mid Century Modern Schlage Astra Star Escutcheon and Door Knob Set‘);Vintage Mid Century Modern Schlage Astra Star Escutcheon and Door Knob Set from seller aaronbourne.

16_thumb.jpg

Have a great weekend y’all!

*Disclaimer: No Pattern Required is part of the eBay Partner Network, and that means that when you click on our eBay links we may earn a very small commission.

21 Responses to Kool Kitsch For Sale on eBay

1. Selina Reply

January 26, 2013 at 5:59 am

Hello!

I live for your kool kitsch posts! Absolutely wonderful! Very excited about the 1st poodle towel – i saw a circle skirt ages ago with the same material that is ridiculously lovely -but tragically far too small for me – wonderful to see this pattern on another piece of fabric!

I was wondering if you could help me please. You linked to a beautiful set of red and gold Libbey 50s christmas reindeer glasses a couple of times over the holiday season. I couldn’t afford to bid on them at the time, but now i can’t find any no matter how hard i look online. I was wondering if you used any particular search term to find them?

Thanks so much! – Selina

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 26, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Hi Selina! It really makes my day to know you like the Kool Kitsch posts so much! 🙂 Thanks so much!!!

Oooohhhh, I know what you mean about vintage clothes – it seems like every time I fall in love with something it is also far, far to small for me as well. That poodle skirt sounds wonderful though!

The reindeer glasses…….You know, I honestly cannot remember exactly 100% how I found them. Sometimes I find stuff for the Kitsch posts in really random ways. I will definitely look for you and if I see any I can post them up here. But in the meantime I’d say to just search under ‘Libbey’ and ‘reindeer’ and see what comes up. You could also try ‘Libby’ too, as I have seen it misspelled a lot too. I know what you mean though, I have looked for those exact same glasses recently too and have seen nothing. They will pop up eventually though! Let me know if you find any!!!

• Selina Reply

January 27, 2013 at 8:01 am

Thanks so much Sara – it hadn’t even occurred to me to do misspelled search terms – thanks so much for the great tip! I’ll definitely let you know if i find any!

You definitely have a skill for finding amazing stuff – i always find myself cooing excitedly over every item -and your posts have really educated me. -I wouldn’t know about half of this stuff if it wasn’t for your posts. Looking forward to the next one! 😀

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 27, 2013 at 1:21 pm

*Fingers Crossed* that you are able to find some reindeer glasses VERY, VERY soon Selina!

And gosh, really, thanks so much for your kind words. It really does mean a lot to me that you enjoy these posts so much as they are pretty time consuming to put together…..mostly in actually finding the stuff to post about on eBay! Anyway, I really appreciate the compliment, that was very kind of you to say! 🙂

2. Diane Reply

January 26, 2013 at 10:17 am

Sara, I gotta say your Ebay finds are the best! These clocks knock my socks off!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 26, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Diane – Thanks so much for saying that, it really means a lot! 🙂 And I know…..those clocks are killing me – esp. that bow tie one!

January 26, 2013 at 10:29 am

Pass me the smelling salts, Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Great finds, especially the children’s table and chairs!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 26, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Thanks Sableeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 🙂 *Passing smelling salts* hee! That children’s table set is the BEST!!!

• RetroRuth Reply

January 30, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I agree! That children’s set is awesome! I JUST saw one of these while I was out, except someone had PAINTED the top and jacked up all the chairs. Boo! It is nice to see an original one.

January 26, 2013 at 11:53 am

A poodle WITH AN ASHTRAY IN IT! Ha! Oh god, that would never fly today. Great finds as always!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 26, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Thanks so much Eartha, I really appreciate that! 🙂 That poodle ashtray is INSANE isn’t it! And no….that would never, ever fly today!!!

5. Desirae Reply

January 26, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Oh why did I look???? Now I’m lusting after some of these posts.

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 26, 2013 at 4:47 pm

HA! I know what you mean Desirae……I have such a hard time putting these posts together because I always feel like I want to buy everything! 🙂

6. Jen Reply

January 26, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Not BBQ time yet?! Even here in central Ohio we grill up dinners—Dad has always been a winter griller, too, despite being up in Michigan. It’s never the wrong time of year for some delicious flame-cooked food. 😉

Also, that poodle ashtray is unbelievable. To say nothing of possibly dangerous!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 26, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Jen! YAY!!!! For winter grilling!!!! And no, it’s never the wrong time of year for flame cooked food! YUM!!! 🙂

I cannot even imagine someone leaving their lit cigarette in the poodle ashtray – it seems like it would just roll right on out. Eek!!!

7. Sherree Reply

January 27, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Like Selina, I also look forward to what you have found for us to drool over on Ebay 🙂
    I sometimes find reindeer items by searching the word “gazelle” or “antelope”. It’s worth a try.

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 28, 2013 at 2:01 am

Oh gosh, thanks so much Sherree….really, such a super kind thing to say! 🙂

And great tip for the search terms too, I had never even thought of that!

January 27, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Ohhhh Sara, that child’s table and chair set is so utterly fantastic! Wow!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 28, 2013 at 2:02 am

Andrea! It’s SO completely awesome…..wouldn’t Ella just look great sitting at it! 🙂

9. Sherree Reply

January 28, 2013 at 10:44 am

Also the word “stag” may bring up a few things when searching for reindeer items 🙂

• Selina Reply

January 28, 2013 at 10:57 am

Wow thanks Sherree! All added to my search terms now. Fingers crossed i’ll get lucky soon!

Sara -Oooo ive just discovered your pinterest – probably not getting much work done today! 😉