Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Benton Harbor, Michigan

January 27, 2013

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Benton Harbor, Michigan

By Sablemable

If you like living in a country setting, but still want to be close to town, then today’s home will fit the bill!

Located near the Whirlpool Ad Center at 869 Polfus Drive sits this pretty brick ranch built in 1958.  And, since Benton Township has their own water filtration plant now, the home is connected to public water and sewer.

There are 2 bedrooms, 1 full bathroom and 1 half bathroom, a 2 car attached garage, a workshop and a rec room in the basement.  Some lighting has been changed, but overall, this home is MCM intact.

Meredith & Kamp, Inc. (www.meredithandkamp.com) has the listing and the price is sweet – $89,900.00

Photos are courtesy of Meredith & Kamp, Inc.

THE EXTERIOR

FRONT

FRONT2

BACK

BACK2

YARD

THE INTERIOR

Look at the front door!!!!!!

FRONTDOOR

The Rec Room

RECROOM

RECROOM2

The Garage

GARAGE

The Workshop

I believe this is right behind the garage, probably where that door is.

WORKSHOP

WORKSHOP2

FRONT

I’ll sound like a broken record when I say, “I adore this home!”

How about you, readers?  Is this a MCM winner?

16 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Benton Harbor, Michigan

1. Nina Reply

January 27, 2013 at 9:30 am

This house was built to last! Love the wood paneled garage and the front door windows!

• sablemable Reply

January 27, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Nina! I had to hold my breath and hope the rest of the house was as fantastic as the front door and it was!

The pine paneling in the garage/workshop gives it a bit of class, eh?

2. Sara In AZ Reply

January 27, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Oh, that house is amazing Sable…..and that front door – pass the smelling salts but fast!!!!!

• sablemable Reply

January 27, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Here, Saraaaaaa!!!! Inhale!

Yes, that front door, I want one just like it! How can anyone replace a beautiful door like that with the garbarge out now?

January 27, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Why can’t I find a house like that here! It is utterly perfect t from the abundance of built in shelving to the untouched kitchen and bathroom to the roomy garage with a workshop in the back. And such a good price, too!

• sablemable Reply

January 27, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Andreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

I love that kitchen! I must do a more intense search for homes up yonder; seems like every Canadian MCM house I find has been renovated. Arrgh!

4. Jen Reply

January 27, 2013 at 10:52 pm

The kitchen! And the bathroom! And the BUILT-INS! *squeal* I’m in love. What a marvellous home!

• sablemable Reply

January 28, 2013 at 8:55 am

Jen, that kitchen is to die for! I would be in heaven!

5. Dee Reply

January 27, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Another pink bathroom! And I love the knotty pine garage!

• sablemable Reply

January 28, 2013 at 8:55 am

Dee, knotty pine is a fave of mine as well as pink bathrooms!

6. Joyce Wagner Reply

January 28, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I am so in love with this house! Waiting for our Realtor to call me back right now with an appointment to see it. I just know one day one of these Will You Be My Neighbor homes will be ours!! Maybe this is the one!!! 🙂

• sablemable Reply

January 28, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Joyce! I thought of you when I saw this listing. This is such a nice area in which to live, well, next to Fair Plain, LOL! Let me know what happens.

7. Joyce Wagner Reply

January 29, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Well my Realtor just called and said someone else is getting it – they are just waiting finalization of the loan 🙁 I’m even more bummed because she said it was everything we wanted and didn’t need hardly anything, if anything, done to it. WWAAAAHHHHH!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 29, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Don’t give up hope yet Joyce….I’ve seen loans fall through a lot down here….you could also put in a back-up offer just in case.

• Joyce Wagner Reply

January 30, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words Sara. Our realtor said she she’d let us know if it doesn’t work out.

January 30, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Sweet! Love the entryway!