Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Etsy Friday-Vintage Tiki Decor

February 8, 2013

Etsy Friday-Vintage Tiki Decor

By Sablemable

Whenever I think of tiki, it includes rattan, islands, Florida, hibiscus and tropical birds.  No gators or snakes allowed in my thoughts!

On Etsy, I found some vintage items for sale that would make your tiki room look great!

A vintage 1940s impeccable tropical throw pillow from seller 56convt.

56convt

A chalkware bust of a island girl from seller ATOMICDOG67.

ATOMICDOG67

You’ll need a bar and stools and seller HearthsideHome has this vintage set with a Coke bottle opener on the backside.

HearthsideHome1

HearthsideHome2

And seller TanSandyFeet has 2 tiki bars for sale!

TanSandyFeet1

TanSandyFeet2

This second bar/stools has atomic stars on it!

TanSandyFeet3

TanSandyFeet4

A bamboo table runner, placemats and drink coasters from seller BeastlyLettuce.

BeastlyLettuce

A rattan tray and coasters from seller ClassicCrow.

ClassicCrow

ClassicCrow2

Put these frosted tropical highball glasses on your serving tray.  From seller LAvintageConnection.

LAvintageConnection

If someone starts to cry in their beer, give them a tissue inside this rattan tissue box.  From seller ConfuciusKitty.

ConfuciusKitty

A tropical oil painting framed in bamboo from seller jollytimeone.

jollytimeone

Tie on one with this vintage NIB hand painted necktie from seller kitschnswell.

kitschnswell

Look at these!  Vintage mules in wood and fabric, size 5, from seller RockabillyDreaming.

RockabillyDreaming1

RockabillyDreaming2

For the guest bath, this NIB 4piece towel set from seller VintagePickle.

VintagePickleNIB

Wooden cups and saucers from seller VintageSpecialty

VintageSpecialty1

VintageSpecialty2

A perched parrot with a chain to hang from your ceiling from seller faith1231.

faith1231a

faith1231b

Speaking of ceilings, this frosted glass ceiling light cover would look fantastic!  From seller PROPZ.

PROPZceilinglightcover

A lidded wooden bowl from seller ConsiderMeCharmed.

ConsiderMeCharmed1

ConsiderMeCharmed2

Something for the wall, these tiki masks from seller rivercityemporium.

rivercityemporiumHANGINGMASKS

And, this tiki shadowbox from seller MidMod.

MidMod

A wooden tiki box from seller ManyAMoonVintage.

ManyAMoonVintage2

ManyAMoonVintage3

A hand carved wooden vase from seller PoorLittleRobin.

PoorLittleRobin1

Little wooden tiki statues from seller ThePrincessofPutz.

ThePrincessofPutz1

A bit of lighting will help and seller from TikiTiger is all authentic and in perfect condition!

TikiTiger1

But by far, this has to be the best tiki lamp I have ever seen!  From seller AndrewModern.

AndrewModern1

I’d like to have a tiki room.  Do you have a tiki room, readers?  Tell us all about it!

15 Responses to Etsy Friday-Vintage Tiki Decor

February 8, 2013 at 11:34 am

Ah! Flamingo towel set!!! Love it.

• sablemable Reply

February 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth! I thought you’d go gah-gah over the frosted glasses, LOL, but am glad you love the towel set!

• RetroRuth Reply

February 8, 2013 at 12:43 pm

They ARE awesome, but we have so many!!! And I don’t have ANY flamingo towels. 🙂

2. Selina Reply

February 8, 2013 at 12:08 pm

ohmygod!!!!!!! That Tiki lamp is absolutely beautiful!!!!! Tragically a little out of my price range though. How i crave it!

I don’t currently have a Tiki room but i’m putting together the stuff for my own interpretation of a Jungle/Tiki room now! I’ve got my Tiki mugs and other Trader Vic’s paraphernalia, a brass pineapple ice bucket, a green shagpile rug, a really lovely modernist inspired wooden coffee table and a palm tree shaped brass floor lamp. I even have a 50s style home bar! Just got to get the room decorated to put them in and then – let the cocktails flow! 🙂

February 8, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Oh, Selina! Your tiki room items sound great! Yeah, the rattan lamp isn’t cheap, but I had to post it anyway. At least drooling over it is free!

You should send us photos when your tiki room is up and running.

• Selina Reply

February 8, 2013 at 6:48 pm

You absolutely did have to post it! Now i can drool too! 😀
      One day….

I’ll be delighted to send you some pics as soon as we get the room set up -it may be quite a few months as the plan is to build the room at the end of our garden (much more fun than a shed) but i think it’ll be worth the wait once were reclining on the shagpile, drinking zombies!

• sablemable Reply

February 8, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Selina! Whenever you’re ready, we will all be here!

4. Sara In AZ Reply

February 8, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I think I might have to fight Ruth for those Flamingo towels! 😉 hee! They are super awesome though! And, I actually have that Hula head bust, mine looks a bit different in the way it’s been painted – but its from the same mold…..I really love it!

• sablemable Reply

February 8, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! Now if they were poodle towels……….

5. Lindsay Reply

February 8, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Hi there, this is just such a fun post! I do have a tiki room… well we have a large tiki bar in our living room to be precise, roof and all. It makes me so happy to see it everyday! I lived in Hawaii for four years and miss it dearly, this brings me a little bit of that Polynesian magic. Aloha and Mahalo 🙂

• sablemable Reply

February 8, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Hi, Lindsay! Glad you think the post is fun! Thank you! Oh, I bet that tiki bar with the roof is cute. I’ve never seen one with a roof on it.

Aloha and Mahalo!

6. Jana B. Reply

February 8, 2013 at 11:17 pm

I have the same lamp! I picked mine up for $50 outside a grower’s market. Crazy! Mine is blue but I love the pink on that one.

• sablemable Reply

February 11, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Hi, Jana! That’s what we love to hear-that you picked up a vintage item on the cheap!

February 9, 2013 at 2:00 am

OMG, those mules! You’re killing me here, Sable! So gorgeous, but 3 sizes too small for me!

February 11, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Andreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Ha-ha, me too, size wise! Those mules would suit you to a T!