Home » Decorating & Home » Shopping » Ebay » “New” Vintage Frosted Souvenir Glasses From the 1964 New York World’s Fair

February 18, 2013

“New” Vintage Frosted Souvenir Glasses From the 1964 New York World’s Fair

By RetroRuth

We have a new addition to our frosted glass stash!  I am happy to report that Tom successfully made his very first solo eBay purchase and managed to score an entire set of these awesome New York World’s Fair glasses for under $35, including shipping!

IMG_1127

It was a close thing, though. We are terrible at remembering when eBay auctions end, even with the email reminders. The weekends are especially bad because we are usually no where near a computer.  And it was no exception with this one. The auction for these glasses ended on a Saturday night and when that night rolled around we were out of the house doing whatever. Probably stuffing our faces. With chili dogs. And chocolate shakes. Anyway, the point is we completely missed the auction and didn’t even remember that it was going on until the next morning.

IMG_1128

But this time our forgetfulness worked for us instead of against us. It seemed that everyone else had forgotten about the auction as well, and on Sunday morning the seller relisted the item as a Buy It Now with a significantly reduced price from what the opening auction bid was. Score!

IMG_1129

So, Tom got his glasses on the cheap and I got my chili dogs. And everyone was happy.

IMG_1126

And now that these glasses will be joining our other frosted glasses, I am totally out of room in my china cabinet!

What about you guys? Anyone else out there collect frosted glasses? Let me know!

7 Responses to “New” Vintage Frosted Souvenir Glasses From the 1964 New York World’s Fair

February 18, 2013 at 8:35 am

Ha-ha! Good going, Tom-Tom! Those glasses look pristine.

2. John Bachman Reply

February 18, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Great catch, I’ve collected a few items from the 1939 New York World’s Fair.

3. Sara In AZ Reply

February 18, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Cool glasses and I love that Tom finally made his first eBay purchase!!! 🙂

4. MadgesHatbox.com Reply

February 18, 2013 at 2:58 pm

So Cool. I love World’s Fair stuff. I have a stash of New York 1939.

February 19, 2013 at 12:48 am

Way to go, Tom! Those glasses are fantastic!

6. veg-o-matic Reply

February 19, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Couple of tips for you: Sign up with justsnipe.com: it’ll automatically do your bidding for you at the last minute (just when everyone else is doing it…) so you don’t have to remember. Bonus–you bid doesn’t become official until it’s actually placed, so you have some time to change your mind.
    Also, get the ebay app for your smart phone. It’s free, and worth it just for the reminders it sends.

7. Frank Reply

March 2, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Congratulations on your purchase but you’ve just out me over the edge! I love MCM and 64-65 World’s Fair stuff and have a house full of it including 13 of these glasses because I like to display them with the front and back showing side by side so that you can see the picture and read about it! But when I looked at your glasses I realized that I am missing two. How can this be?! I did not know that there were eight total in the set. I am off to eBay and etsy to complete the collection! Thanks for posting!