Home » Decorating & Home » Shopping » Etsy » The Colors of Pyrex–Etsy Friday

February 1, 2013

The Colors of Pyrex–Etsy Friday

By Sablemable

Vintage Pyrex is always a good thing to possess and I have my mother’s nesting bowl set in primary colors that were a wedding gift.

I discovered some Pyrex on Etsy in different colors that I had never seen before.

From seller GrandmomsKitchen a primary color set of mixing bowls.

From seller diantiques a set in yellow.

From seller BornAgainHomeAccents, 2 bowls in avocado.

From seller driversidearm a set in pink!

From seller JujusVintageOohOohs, 3 bowls in tangerine, gold and brown.

From seller KitschenSpectacular, 3 bowls in yellow, gold and brown.

From seller WestSideCreative, 4 bowl set in red, flame, gold and pink.

From seller VintageAlchemy333, storage containers in yellow and brown.

From seller SwirlingOrange11, a rainbow of storage dishes.

Whatever your kitchen décor may be, Pyrex has you covered!

Tell us, readers, if you have any vintage Pyrex and in what color.

6 Responses to The Colors of Pyrex–Etsy Friday

1. Nina Reply

February 1, 2013 at 9:16 am

I have a yellow vintage pyrex rectangular size which Mom always used to make Jello. It seems I spent hours stirrring the Jello powder with boiling hot water and tasting more than my share of the extra sweet red Jello syrup.

2. Sara In AZ Reply

February 1, 2013 at 1:59 pm

You know me Sable…….of course I have it in pink! 🙂 I have other colors too, but one rule for all the Pyrex I buy is that it must be cheap so most of my stuff comes from the thrift store!

• sablemable Reply

February 1, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Yeah, some of these are pricey and yes, you are The Thrift Queen of Arizona and the other 49 states!

3. Joyce Wagner Reply

February 1, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I collect the turquoise with white snowflakes and also the flamingo pink pyrex. Plus we have some harvest color stacking bowls from our wedding in ’81. I’m trying replace all the plastic junk bowls with pyrex.

February 2, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Ohhhh, do I ever have Pyrex! I have so many bowls I’ve had to make myself stop buying them, LOL! I have mostly greens, and coordinating green patterns (spring blossom, crazy daisy, verde), but I also have my mom’s primary colour set (the 70s one, colours are slightly different). I also have a friendship birds casserole dish with an orange base, and a pink and a lime baking dish. Those baking dishes belonged to my husband’s grandmother. And that’s just a small portion of my Pyrex collection, LOL. I have an addiction!

5. Maureen Reply

February 4, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I collect vintage pyrex, like Andrea I am addicted! I try and buy at the thrifts, but it is very scarce where I live. So I do sometimes get my fix with ebay. Right now I am really into the promotional patterns, but I love it all!