Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Waukesha, Wisconsin

February 10, 2013

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Waukesha, Wisconsin

By Sablemable

Kudos to NPR follower, Susan, for discovering today’s featured home!

Located at 2408 Morningside Drive, this 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home was built in 1953.  There is a finished basement complete with a shuffleboard floor and a 2 car attached garage.

Realty Executives-Integrity has the listing and may be contacted at (262) 783-7080.  The listing price is $229,900.00.

Photos are courtesy of Realtor.com.

THE EXTERIOR

SUN2

The Basement

BASE1

BASE2

BASE3

FRONT

Thank you, Susan for finding today’s home and for being a loyal follower!

7 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Waukesha, Wisconsin

1. Sara In AZ Reply

February 10, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Uuuuggggghhhhhhhh, this is killing me……all these PERFECT houses and NOT where we are. 🙁 If we were in Waukesha I’d be all over this place! Great find Susan and thanks for posting Sable!!! Love it!!!

• sablemable Reply

February 11, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! Somebody out there needs to give up their MCM home for you! You must be very patient, girl! I’d be banging my head against the wall!

February 10, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Great find! I love the ceiling in the family room!

• sablemable Reply

February 11, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Andreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Duh! I forgot to mention the ceiling, so thanks for bringing it up! Don’t know if it’s cork or wood tiles, but yeah, it’s beautiful.

February 12, 2013 at 11:32 am

Love the family room ceiling and the basement shuffleboard!

4. Mary Reply

February 15, 2013 at 10:14 pm

We had a home way better than the one in Wakesha. It’s in Indianapolis. If you are looking in Indy, try Perry Manor, on the southside in Perry Township – between Edgewood and Banta Rds east of McFarland. Our home was built in the 40s, was completely brick with slate floor entryway, a raised slate fireplace with bricked wall, a cork floored dining room, 4 bedrooms with built-ins including a large closet, a small shirt closet, two smaller cabinets above these two closets and four drawers. All oak (I believe) and built into every bedroom. The basement was full length of the house with shuffle board, pool table, dartboard and a big piano. The people who owned it after us are still there, but they bought in the 70s, so you never know. That whole neighborhood should have some similarities. Alomst every lot was 1 acre in size. I believe they are going in the $150K range.

5. Jen Reply

February 28, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Wow, that’s a really attractive home! The basement is such fun—and the living-dining room. I just love it!