Home » Decade » 1950 » Sweet Vintage 1950s Time Capsule For Sale In Phoenix

March 21, 2013

Sweet Vintage 1950s Time Capsule For Sale In Phoenix

By Sara In AZ

Well, I should say “Was for sale”, as this house just sold for $460,000. Yes, you read that right THIS unassuming ranch house sold for $460,000. ugh. I would have been SO all over this house if it would have been in a realistic price range…..you’ll see why it’s SO cool in a minute…..but yeah, this place was WAY out of our range. Unfortunately this house is located in the dreaded Arcadia area of Phoenix, the same area where they wanted to tear down the Frank Lloyd Wright house (but the FLW house was eventually saved thanks to an anonymous benefactor) so sadly this house will more than likely be torn down to build a McMansion.

This house is a 3 bedroom 2 bath house and is 2059 sq feet. It was built in 1958.

This is the front of the house…..I know, you are asking yourself “What is SO great about this house Sara?”………………..I know it looks plain on the outside but just you wait!

f1

The is the formal living room right off the entry.

f2

I adore that built-in bookcase…………that scalloped edging……….awesome!!!!!

f3

Here is the family room area where you can see the gorgeous fireplace and check out the FAB beamed ceilings!

f6

Another view of the family room.

f8

And wait……………….OMG!!! A !!!!!PINK!!!!! kitchen!!! I think part of me just died from the awesomeness of this kitchen. LOVE IT!!!!

f4

And check out that fabulous original light!

f5

I completely adore the desk area off the kitchen and would love for my next house to have a desk area too so that we can keep all the clutter off of the kitchen counters.

f7

That dining table set is amazing…..could it be an Erik Buck set???? And look at that pink stovetop…eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f9

All the cabinets still have the original copper hinges and pulls.

f10

The first bath………all original…….and all aqua. LOVE that floor!

f13

Here is one of the bedrooms, don’t you just love those twin beds!

f14

And the pièce de résistance………………the pink bathroom with the ORIGINAL fish wallpaper! I die!!!!!!!!! I literally die from the awesomeness of this bathroom!

f11

It’s SO perfect isn’t it?!?

f12

I can only hope that the house we eventually buy is as amazing as this time capsule ranch is!

11 Responses to Sweet Vintage 1950s Time Capsule For Sale In Phoenix

1. Tom Reply

March 21, 2013 at 7:23 am

Lovely interiors and I love how natural light floods the kitchen! Who’d know that something so bland on the outside can look really cool on the inside?

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 21, 2013 at 12:20 pm

It IS amazing isn’t it Tom….you’d never guess such an awesome house existed on the inside!!!

March 21, 2013 at 9:28 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! So awesome! That pink bathroom is amazing, I WANT that wallpaper!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 21, 2013 at 12:22 pm

I know Ruth – I was DYING when I saw that wallpaper in the pink!!! bathroom….it looks sooooooo perfectly preserved too!

March 21, 2013 at 10:52 am

Oh wow…it’s soooooo pretty. I hope that it doesn’t get torn down. You know, you can’t help but think of all of the bazillions of people in the world who don’t have roofs over their head – or who live in drastically subpar housing. Here we are tearing down perfectly great houses….to put up different houses. Such a wasteful society we live in. This is such a pretty place – and obviously well cared for – I hope it is spared the wrecking ball.

p.s. That fish wallpaper!!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 21, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I am praying to God that it does NOT get torn down Eartha…you can tell it was totally well cared for and loved – AND is an awesome house to boot!

And you are so, SO right….we live in a totally wasteful society and I wish that all this gutting and tearing down would stop already. It’s just all so unnecessary. 🙁

March 21, 2013 at 1:30 pm

A pink kitchen, pink bathroom AND an aqua bathroom all in the same house??? Not to mention all of those built ins? Wow, wow, wow!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 21, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I know Andrea!!!! Just simply crazy-amazing isn’t it!?!?!?!

5. RangerSmith Reply

March 21, 2013 at 5:46 pm

The bathrooms appear to have built-in magazine racks! Good grief!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 21, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I know, isn’t that awesome Ranger Smith!!! Love it!!!

6. Anonymous Reply

March 21, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Original copper hinges and pulls! Love those!