Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Fremont, Ohio

March 10, 2013

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Fremont, Ohio

By Sablemable

Today’s home is brought to you by NPR follower, Jason, and what a house he found!  Hurray, Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!

This home is absolutely out of this world!  Located at 1516 Hayes Avenue, the house was built in 1950, has 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and has one of the most unique layouts ever.

Bolte Real Estate-Fremont has the listing and the price is only $175,000.00

THE EXTERIOR

THE INTERIOR

Looks like the entry and main hallway (seen from the living room)  notice the little corner shelf?  I know what it’s for; do you?

The living room, going to…

the dining room

I don’t know how to describe the next room.  Is it a sitting/parlor area, a bedroom?  The window faces the street, if that helps.

The Kitchen

Not sure about the originality of those cabinets, but we can fix that!

Oh. My. God.  I had to reach for the oxygen when I saw the glass blocks and tufted booth.

Two bedrooms

One of the bathrooms.  Yes, this is another chest clutcher.

What a home!  Don’t you agree, readers?

Let’s give Jason a salute for finding this masterpiece!

10 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Fremont, Ohio

1. Mary Toodles Reply

March 10, 2013 at 10:31 am

It is really cool! I like the blue in the kitchen. Not sure about the fence in the front, seems too high. The little shelf was for the corded telephone I believe. My grandparents house has something like that. I’ll have to take a picture. I wonder if the booth material is original. Could it stay so white that long?…

2. Shannon H. Reply

March 10, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Lovely house! Perhaps the round room is a music room? I can picture a grand piano sitting in the middle of it.

3. Sara In AZ Reply

March 10, 2013 at 1:40 pm

That green Crane tub……………I die! 🙂 LOVE!

March 10, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Oh my god, black and green bathroom! I think that might be my favourite bathroom yet!

5. Kari S Reply

March 11, 2013 at 10:43 am

And a Chambers 90C gas range in the kitchen! I have a newly-built home, but I have that very stove in my kitchen.

March 12, 2013 at 2:11 pm

That booth in the kitchen! And that bathroom! Whoa!

7. Anonymous Reply

March 12, 2013 at 11:33 pm

What a wonderful home—I love the kitchen and the bathroom! I checked—you know I dearly miss our old home and am not crazy about this house despite the fabulous deck—but alas, it’s a bit of a long commute to central Ohio. 😉

Great find, Jason!

8. Jen Reply

March 12, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Hm, think this ate my first comment, but that’s okay, because oh my gosh, I just realized this bathroom has the SAME FLOOR as in our old home’s bath! *tears* Definitely a beauty of a home. Forgot to say that I like the kitchenette, too. So glam! Such a shame that this is too far away from where Hubby works! Darn!

9. veg-o-matic Reply

March 13, 2013 at 11:49 am

Holy cow, that banquette gave me the vapors!

10. Randy Reply

March 30, 2013 at 2:15 pm

What a beauty and most of it original and intact! I love it when houses of this era still have original baths and tile work. Is the house for sale?

That corner shelf it probably for a telephone. We had a small inset shelf with jack along the stairway of the house I grew up in. I also have a Chambers 90C white like that one and it looks great with my white cabinets!