Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Won’t You Be My Neighbor Friday Edition-Tulsa, Oklahoma

March 22, 2013

Won’t You Be My Neighbor Friday Edition-Tulsa, Oklahoma

By Sablemable

Here we are back in Tulsa to tour today’s home that was built in 1956.  The home is located at 2524 E. 24th Street and there are 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 2,242 square feet.  The realtor didn’t mention if it had a basement.

The price is $300,000.00 and the home is listed with Coldwell Banker Select.  You can see much larger photos there by clicking on the link.

The Living Room

The Dining Room

The Eat-In Kitchen

The Laundry Room

The Family Room

The Bedrooms

The Bathrooms

This is a lovely home, but looks like it needs some good ol’ fashioned MCM maintenance done.  And, looks like the front entry door was changed and the yellow bathroom floor is that awful generic ceramic tile.  The neighborhood must be great considering the price.  I would definitely have to do some bartering here.

What do you think, readers?

8 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor Friday Edition-Tulsa, Oklahoma

1. Molly Reply

March 22, 2013 at 9:53 am

The neighborhood is pretty good, and it’s a great location if you work close to downtown or in one of the big hospitals in the area. The neighborhood does have a lot of nondescript little properties that aren’t very well cared for, and one of its major streets backs up to the expressway. The price seems a little high to me, but if it keeps somebody from tearing it down and putting up a concrete castle that will eventually be foreclosed on and sit empty (a big problem in Midtown Tulsa), I’m fine with that.

• sablemable Reply

March 23, 2013 at 11:08 am

Molly! Thanks for the insight! It’s nice when a “native” offers a bit of local history.

March 22, 2013 at 11:28 am

It definitely has some good bones! I love those built-ins and large closets in the bedrooms. And the kitchen is great. Take down a few ceiling fans and boob lights and replace those with something period, throw some fun paint up on the walls and yes, take out that bathroom floor (I had that exact same one in my kitchen and it drove me BONKERS) and you would be back to great again! I love the exterior and the yard too.

• sablemable Reply

March 23, 2013 at 11:10 am

Earthaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Boob lights, LMAO!!!!! Yeah, the ceiling lights et al need to go. Also, the white painted interior trim needs to be refinished. Would love to see your color palette for this home!

3. Silvercat Reply

March 22, 2013 at 11:58 am

The kitchen alone should sell it, then you add in those great bathrooms… Yeah, add some color and nice lights and you’ve got a winner.

(Did they buy those lamps in bulk? 🙂 )

• sablemable Reply

March 23, 2013 at 11:11 am

Probably! God aren’t they awful? Almost as bad as those new entry doors. Yuck!

4. Queen of Fifty Cents Reply

March 22, 2013 at 6:51 pm

I’d be happy to move that blue bathroom to my house! It’s unlikely this has a basement, most houses in Oklahoma don’t, or so I remember from my years there. Hope it gets the right new owner!

• sablemable Reply

March 23, 2013 at 11:12 am

I’m with you, Queen! I’ll take the blue and the pink bathrooms!