Home » Decade » 1940 » 1930s/1940s Original Fashion Illustrations For Sale on eBay…….SO Cool! Oh, AND a Poodle Hamper too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 7, 2013

By Sara In AZ

In memory of Jan/Sablemable, we won’t be bringing you ‘Won’t You Be My Neighbor” this week. Instead I thought I would show you these awesome fashion sketches which Jan would have loved. As Jan would say, “Get your smelling salts ready!”

But first…………………………………………………

POODLE HAMPER ALERT!!!!! POODLE HAMPER ALERT!!!! POODLE HAMPER ALERT!!!!

I had to interrupt the vintage fashion sketch post for a minute to show y’all this insanely awesome and SUPER cheap Vintage 1950s Black Pearl Wick Poodle Hamper that was just listed on eBay yesterday!

1.1

Sure the black paint might need some touching up and it may not be *perfect*….but for the price they are asking this hamper is a STEAL!!! I have seen these sell into the hundreds – I kid you not. Snatch it up while you can y’all!!!

We now resume our regularly scheduled post………………………..

While searching for items for my Kool Kitsch post on Saturday I came across these AMAZING original vintage fashion illustrations up for sale. I thought these illustrations were so spectacular they warranted a post all on their own!

The seller, bruneau2600, does not give much background information on where these came from or what they were actually used for….but wow, aren’t they just lovely!

1930s Original Silkscreen Women’s Fashion Prints

If anyone buys these be sure to let me know, I’d LOVE to see how you display them!

*Disclaimer: No Pattern Required is part of the eBay Partner Network, and that means that when you click on our eBay links we may earn a very small commission.

11 Responses to 1930s/1940s Original Fashion Illustrations For Sale on eBay…….SO Cool! Oh, AND a Poodle Hamper too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. MadgesHatbox.com Reply

April 7, 2013 at 10:23 am

Love the poodle hamper. I have some fab poodle tv trays that I need to get into my shop.

The sketches are incredible. Would look wonderful in a grouping above a sofa.

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 7, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Ooohhhhhhhhh, can’t wait to see those poodle tv trays in your store Madge…………I will have to keep my eyes peeled!

That’s totally what I thought about those sketches too – they would look amazing grouped all together on a wall.

2. Joyce Wagner Reply

April 7, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I have not one, but two of those poodle hampers in yellow! They are divine!!

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 7, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Lucky, lucky you Joyce…..I’m jealous – those are awesome!

3. Sherree Reply

April 7, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Swoon 🙂 If ladies dressed like this today, well…… I think the world would be a better place. Instead they wear pajama bottoms to the grocery store 🙁
    I have the tissue holder that matches that hamper. I am always on the lookout for more poodle/Paris pieces.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sherree

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 8, 2013 at 12:18 am

HA! It’s SO true Sherree……..it’s a huge pet peeve of mine when I see those horrible pajama bottoms out and about – ESP. the ones with all the patterns all over them…..SO horrible looking. ugggghhhhh.

I can never get enough of the poodle in Paris stuff! Glad you enjoyed!

April 8, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Dang, I wish I had saw this before the auction ended, as I LOVE those sketches!

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 8, 2013 at 8:18 pm

The reserve was not met Andrea…………so watch it and he may re-list – you never know it could be all yours!!!

5. Jen Reply

April 8, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Oh, the sketches are beautiful! Good luck, Andrea, should he re-list them.

6. Nathalie Reply

April 9, 2013 at 2:39 pm

The 30’s fashion prints are great! I am surprised they did not go higher in price. That’s under 6$ a print, the buyer got a very nice deal in my opinion!

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 9, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Actually Nathalie, they did not sell…..the reserve was not met.