Home » Decade » 1950 » Friday Etsy Roundup – Vintage Toy Edition

April 26, 2013

Friday Etsy Roundup – Vintage Toy Edition

By Andrea

I guess I am a kid at heart, as I still love toys, especially vintage ones. My kids have enjoyed many classic toys, and I also think they can make fun display pieces in the home. Here’s some interesting mid-century ones I came across on Etsy!

First off, from seller Domerdisc2

20130425-224214.jpg
This Linus from Peanuts doll is absolutely adorable! He looks to be quite cuddly, too.

Next up, from seller PiecesOfOlde:

20130425-224444.jpg
These awesome vintage toy food boxes would be awesome in a vintage style toy kitchen, or maybe as a cute display in your own kitchen!

From seller ToysNSuch:

20130425-224705.jpg
I liked that this bus is the “Robot Bus”, although I have no idea why it is, since I don’t see any robots on it!

From seller GingerNIrie

20130425-224909.jpg
I am sure many of you out there, like me, fondly remember playing with one of these Fisher Price TVs as a kid! I am sure today’s kids would also love playing with one.

And finally, from seller DawnsDesignBoutique

20130425-225133.jpg
Looking to to sew your own vintage style toy? Look no further than this super cute 50s Simplicity stuffed toy pattern. I think the horse is utterly adorable!

I hope these vintage toys took you for a trip down memory lane!

7 Responses to Friday Etsy Roundup – Vintage Toy Edition

1. Sara In AZ Reply

April 26, 2013 at 11:36 am

Cute finds Andrea, I guess I am a kid at heart too…..I love those old vintage toys! And Fisher Price, those were the BEST ever when we were kids!!!

• Andrea Reply

April 26, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Thanks, Sara! I am always a sucker for the Fisher Price toys – love to buy them for Ella cause I liked them so much!

April 26, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I love the pattern and those little toy food boxes. I am a sucker for ANYTHING vintage food related!!!

• Andrea Reply

April 26, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I love the food boxes, too! I came across a few sets on Etsy, very tempted to get some for Ella’s kitchen! 🙂

3. Nancy Reply

November 25, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I’ve been looking for that stuffed toy pattern for months, but I can’t find one anywhere. I have my original horse toy that my mom sewed for me when I was an infant in 1962 and I would love to make a new one. Any idea where I can buy this pattern? Thanks, Nancy.

• Andrea Reply

November 28, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Hi Nancy – there’s two of them on eBay right now, but they are big $$. What I would suggest doing is setting up a saved search on eBay for Simplicity 4915. This way you will be emailed as soon as any new listings come up. I’ve successfully found a few specific vintage patterns this way. I hope this helps!

• Nancy Reply

November 28, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Thanks Andrea, I’ll try that. But I wonder if someone who owns this pattern would be willing to sell me a photocopy of the pattern and instructions; do you know someone who does own the pattern?