Home » Decade » 1950 » Friday Etsy Roundup – Vintage Toy Edition

April 26, 2013

Friday Etsy Roundup – Vintage Toy Edition

By Andrea

I guess I am a kid at heart, as I still love toys, especially vintage ones. My kids have enjoyed many classic toys, and I also think they can make fun display pieces in the home. Here’s some interesting mid-century ones I came across on Etsy!

First off, from seller Domerdisc2

This Linus from Peanuts doll is absolutely adorable! He looks to be quite cuddly, too.

Next up, from seller PiecesOfOlde:

These awesome vintage toy food boxes would be awesome in a vintage style toy kitchen, or maybe as a cute display in your own kitchen!

From seller ToysNSuch:

I liked that this bus is the “Robot Bus”, although I have no idea why it is, since I don’t see any robots on it!

From seller GingerNIrie

I am sure many of you out there, like me, fondly remember playing with one of these Fisher Price TVs as a kid! I am sure today’s kids would also love playing with one.

And finally, from seller DawnsDesignBoutique

Looking to to sew your own vintage style toy? Look no further than this super cute 50s Simplicity stuffed toy pattern. I think the horse is utterly adorable!

I hope these vintage toys took you for a trip down memory lane!

7 Responses to Friday Etsy Roundup – Vintage Toy Edition

1. Sara In AZ Reply

April 26, 2013 at 11:36 am

Cute finds Andrea, I guess I am a kid at heart too…..I love those old vintage toys! And Fisher Price, those were the BEST ever when we were kids!!!

• Andrea Reply

April 26, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Thanks, Sara! I am always a sucker for the Fisher Price toys – love to buy them for Ella cause I liked them so much!

April 26, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I love the pattern and those little toy food boxes. I am a sucker for ANYTHING vintage food related!!!

• Andrea Reply

April 26, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I love the food boxes, too! I came across a few sets on Etsy, very tempted to get some for Ella’s kitchen! 🙂

3. Nancy Reply

November 25, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I’ve been looking for that stuffed toy pattern for months, but I can’t find one anywhere. I have my original horse toy that my mom sewed for me when I was an infant in 1962 and I would love to make a new one. Any idea where I can buy this pattern? Thanks, Nancy.

• Andrea Reply

November 28, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Hi Nancy – there’s two of them on eBay right now, but they are big $$. What I would suggest doing is setting up a saved search on eBay for Simplicity 4915. This way you will be emailed as soon as any new listings come up. I’ve successfully found a few specific vintage patterns this way. I hope this helps!

• Nancy Reply

November 28, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Thanks Andrea, I’ll try that. But I wonder if someone who owns this pattern would be willing to sell me a photocopy of the pattern and instructions; do you know someone who does own the pattern?