Home » Decade » 1950 » Mobile Home Manufacturers Association Pictures From the 1955 18th Annual MHMA Show In Cleveland

April 11, 2013

By Sara In AZ

OK, seriously…..these pictures were WAY too awesome not to show y’all!!! I was doing my usual – searching eBay for stuff for my ‘Kool Kitsch’ post when I came across these black and white 8 x 10’s from the 1955 MHMA show in Cleveland. The auction has already ended for these pictures……..but wow……………prepare to be amazed!!!

5 Original 1955 18th Annual MHMA Show Mobile Home Interior Photos

from seller moonshineimages

I love this bedroom shot….all that wood paneling…..awesome, and I super love that little wire frame!!!

Whoa, check out this kitchen…………that light……….that table………those floors………everything!!!

This bathroom looks HUGE for a mobile home! I ‘d love to know what kind of Formica those counters are…..and all that storage…….fabulous!!!

OK, these last 2 shots of the living rooms…………..I die from the AMAZING AWESOMENESS!!!

Seriously……………THIS is a mobile home – all that scalloped wood AND those curtains AND those lights…………….and, and, and………………………….oh, and I love her dress too!

And WOW!!!!! More awesome curtains AND that wire backed shelf AND those amazing pull-downs……….that FAB furniture. I think I need smelling salts as our lovely Jan would have said!

Who knew mobile home living could be THIS awesome. Maybe I should give up my search for a time capsule and start looking for one of these!

*Disclaimer: No Pattern Required is part of the eBay Partner Network, and that means that when you click on our eBay links we may earn a very small commission.

20 Responses to Mobile Home Manufacturers Association Pictures From the 1955 18th Annual MHMA Show In Cleveland

1. Michele DeSutter Reply

April 11, 2013 at 9:20 am

Those are incredible photos! I love the curtains and the furniture! They make mobile homes look quaint and cozy! Maybe I should look for one to install behind my 1961 split ranch and use it as an art studio. How fun that would be!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures! I never would have dreamed they were so adorable!

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 12, 2013 at 12:34 am

So glad you enjoyed all the photos Michele….I just knew I HAD to share them on the blog! And wow, yeah that is a great idea….you should find one of these and put it in your backyard as a photo studio – or even a guest quarters – I’ll be your first guest! 🙂

2. Desirae Reply

April 11, 2013 at 9:22 am

This is a great post! Since I grew up in a mobile home, I always wanted to know what the interiors of old ones looked like. I never seemed to come up with any examples – and if I did, they were so tiny I couldn’t see the details. Your photos are amazing!

3. Desirae Reply

April 11, 2013 at 9:23 am

Oh and BTW.. since you live in Arizona, if you haven’t yet checked out the Shady Dell in Bisbee, you must! I was in heaven when I went, and was sad I only got to stay one night.

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 12, 2013 at 12:40 am

Desirae – they are really super spectacular pics, I’m so happy you enjoyed them! When I saw them I was floored…..all those amazing details!!! My husband’s parents lived in mobile homes when he was younger and his Mom always talks of her “all pink kitchen”….sadly the mobile home is long gone now so I can only dream of that lovely pink kitchen….not even a photo survives.

And yes, The Shady Dell is DEFINITELY on the bucket list!

4. MadgesHatbox.com Reply

April 11, 2013 at 9:37 am

Fabulous! So much better that the overbuilt glizty RVs of today.

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 12, 2013 at 12:41 am

So True Madge…..SO totally true!!!

April 11, 2013 at 10:40 am

Holy nuts!!! I would be happy to live in one of those for ever and ever!!!!!

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 12, 2013 at 12:42 am

I know Ruth, I’m thinking of giving up the house search and just finding one of these….they are simply awesome!!!

6. tammyCA Reply

April 11, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Cool! It does look huge…it rivals “The Long, Long Trailer”.

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 12, 2013 at 12:44 am

HA! I was totally thinking about the ‘Long, Long Trailer” as I was looking over these pics for the first time Tammy…..too funny!

7. Diane Reply

April 12, 2013 at 3:10 pm

My Grandparents kept a mobile home on a lake lot at Lake Livingston in South East Texas. I remember being amazed at how much like a true home it was. Green shag carpet, a good sized kitchen. The real puzzler as a kid was why they had it and the lot. All they ever did was maybe visit with a couple local folks and work on cleaning up the property was the standard entertainment. They never went to the lake or any of the surrounding towns…..just nothin’.

Thanks for the awesome pics.

8. SusanD Reply

April 25, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I was just going to say it looks like the Long, Long Trailer set, too!

A whole bunch of awesomeness here 🙂

9. Tikimama Reply

June 9, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Sara! You must check this out! Hurry, before the ad disappears.

• Sara In AZ Reply

June 10, 2013 at 2:05 am

Whoo-Hoo Tikimama…..that is one awesome find!!!!

Stay tuned y’all – a post is coming up on Thursday with all the amazing mid century details!

ps – nice to see you around again! 🙂

10. Sevina Reply

October 3, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Be still my heart! MCM and tiny house living? Talk about the best of both worlds! Swoon! Boy, what I wouldn’t give to see these sets in color. I’m going nuts trying to imagine what wonderful colors played on those fabrics. And just because I’m a geek, I had to figure out the magazines on the table in the last pic. One is for sure the November 29, 1954 issue of Life magazine. The one under it *might* be the December 14, 1954 issue of Look magazine.

• Sara In AZ Reply

October 4, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Oh gosh Sevina, I am SO with you…..I would LOVE to see these pics in color…..I am sure it would knock our socks off!

And wow, you have some great eyes my friend…..that is awesome you were able to figure out what at least one of the mags was!

11. Debbie Reply

May 26, 2014 at 7:41 am

I need help……. I have purchased a 1955 cadillac trailer , sight un scene in Florida. It is 8 x 30 or 35, not sure .
    Would love to see what it looks like. Does anyone have a site I could go to. I am finding every other make but, Cadillacs.

12. David Reply

November 19, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Hope this helps, Debbie.

(Ad courtesy of the Atlas Mobile Home Museum and Juergen Eichermueller)

13. Dianne Reply

February 18, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Do you know what brand and model this is?

I have been trying to find original pictures of our trailer. This looks like it!!! I even drive around Palm Springs area checking out all the trailers looking for another one.