Home » MCM Fun » Author » “New” Vintage Copper Gelatin Molds Added To My Collection!

May 6, 2013

“New” Vintage Copper Gelatin Molds Added To My Collection!

By RetroRuth

I hit the mother of all gelatin mold jackpots recently at my local Salvation Army. There were literally 5 or 6 plastic tubs FULL of molds to choose from. Since I own quite a few already (*ahem* 30! *cough cough*) I only went for the best of the best and the ones I didn’t have in my collection already.

This geometric one is excellent. I can’t wait to put an opaque gelatin in this one, I think it would put the design on display the best!

I thought this daisy one was very sweet, and a shape I didn’t have yet!

Cute, huh? I am pretty sure that these were originally part of a set of four mini molds, and I searched and searched for the others but I couldn’t find them.

You can NEVER have too many fish-shaped molds.

See? Never too many. This one is just BEGGING to be used with a salmon something or other. With maybe some olive eyes?

A classic shape, but what you can’t see is that this one is on the smaller side. Which is perfect for just me and Tom. Now I just have to decide what to put in it!

This is a pretty common one, but strangely one I didn’t have yet for my collection! I can’t wait to break this out with a holiday gelatin and maybe some maraschino cherries in those little circles. Or maybe I could do a savory mold with olives?? Yes!

So, hope everyone one out there had a good weekend! Did you come up with any amazing finds??

10 Responses to “New” Vintage Copper Gelatin Molds Added To My Collection!

May 6, 2013 at 9:32 am

Yay! for that! You hit the mold mother load. I especially love the first one that you show. You are about to gelatin it up!

2. Sara In AZ Reply

May 6, 2013 at 10:24 am

Awwww, you know that I LOVE that rabbit one!!! Great finds girl!

• RetroRuth Reply

May 7, 2013 at 9:26 am

I knew you would! It is the cutest, isn’t it?

3. Jen Reply

May 6, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Oh, goody! For some reason those things rarely show up around here. Love the first two! So far as the bird and rabbit, they’re actually from a set of six; I managed to find the whole set, plus box, at a local antiques place (I think I paid $6 or $8 for the set, but…come on, it had the box!). Good luck finding the rest of the set…they’ll turn up some day. 🙂 Or you could get all rabbits or all birds! Happy molding! 😉

• RetroRuth Reply

May 7, 2013 at 9:27 am

Argh!!! A set of six?!?! Goodness, and here I thought I was halfway there! 🙂 I’ve only ever seen the four together, would love to see a pic, Jen!

4. Laura Reply

May 6, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Oh, man! The bird one is fantastic! I’ve never seen one like that. I have the last one, and the boys think it’s a hoot for mom to fill it up with lime sherbet or something for Sunday supper during the summer.

• RetroRuth Reply

May 7, 2013 at 9:28 am

That is a great idea with the lime sherbert, Laura!! I am totally stealing that. 🙂

5. veg-o-matic Reply

May 10, 2013 at 11:12 am

Poor Tom! Looks like there’s going to be an awful lot of gelatin in his future.