Home » MCM Fun » Author » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Vintage Mobile Home in Scotts Valley, CA

May 19, 2013

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Vintage Mobile Home in Scotts Valley, CA

By RetroRuth

This week we have something a bit different for you guys: A vintage mobile home!

Exterior

This home is located in Scotts Valley, CA and is listed by Unique Homes and Land (and found through Trulia). The home was manufactured in 1970, is a little over 1,000 square feet and has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The asking price is $99,000.

The Kitchen

Kitchen

Kitchen III

Check out that oven!!!

Dining Area

Dining Area

Dining Area II

The Bathrooms

Bathroom II

Bathroom

So, what do you guys think? Could you swing living in a mobile home if it was 1970’s-tastic? I think I could do it, even if it was just for that oven…

10 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Vintage Mobile Home in Scotts Valley, CA

1. Beth Reply

May 19, 2013 at 10:15 am

My favorite part is the awesome oven. What’s that little brown door under the dining room window for?

• Sara In AZ Reply

May 19, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Beth – I am thinking it could be some kind of pet door with a sliding cover over it, we have one very similar in our back door.

2. Kim Campbell Reply

May 19, 2013 at 10:39 am

We live in a mobile home currently. I wish it was vintage like that!!!

3. Sara In AZ Reply

May 19, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Wow, that is really cool…..you’d never guess it was a mobile home from looking at the inside pics!

4. Eric McGrew Reply

May 19, 2013 at 5:10 pm

In the 70’s my parents lived in Fresno, CA. and my dad owned his own business cleaning high end Mobile homes. Evidently, back then there where a good number of high end mobile home parks around.

I think, I’d like to live in a Doublewide, as long as it’s not a tornado zone.

• dkzody Reply

May 23, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Eric, Fresno still has three high-end mobile home parks. Two are on Herndon near Blackstone and one is on Ashlan at Marks. The neighborhoods have deteriorated, but the parks have remained nice. Many retired people live in these three parks.

5. Ruth Reply

May 20, 2013 at 6:49 am

Lived in one that was the bad kind of 70’s–eeewwww! Orange tile and awful appliances. Was glad to move out.

6. Meem Reply

May 20, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I love this. Will keep looking at it to fix up our mobile home. I am actually enjoying the downsizing a lot. Wish we had done it sooner!!! Now, to just find room for those three little granddaughters…………..

7. Diane Reply

May 21, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I would totally live here!!!!

May 21, 2013 at 5:56 pm

That awesome avocado green bathtub and stove totally make the place!