Home » Decade » 1950 » Vintage 1960 Time Capsule Rollohome Mobile Home Trailer For Sale!

June 13, 2013

Vintage 1960 Time Capsule Rollohome Mobile Home Trailer For Sale!

By Sara In AZ

I don’t know how Tikimama did it, but she managed to find the MOST perfect, time capsule, vintage trailer I have ever seen……it even still has the original furniture!!! Mad, mad props and many, many thanks to Tikimama for finding this little gem of a trailer and for sending the link along to me.

So, you ask, what does this fantastical and magical vintage trailer  even look like??? Well, behold…….this is the Craigslist ad for the Vintage 1960 Rollohome Park Model Trailer.

I almost passed out cold when I saw the pink and aqua sections on the outside of the trailer…..I knew I had to be in for something special on the inside! But first, let’s check out the whole exterior.

It seriously looks like it is in amazing shape…..no rust…..no damage……total perfection.

I LOVE how the front angles out like that.

It even has screen doors!

Check it out y’all….original furniture AND original lamps!!!! Do I spy a small sputnik-y light in the ceiling too??? Whooooooo-Hooooooooo!!!

The bedroom, I love all that wood…..and that sweet little ceiling light too!

Whoa, an awesome vintage bathroom with perfect looking pale yellow fixtures.

And finally……………you had me at hello………….this FAB vintage kitchen with original pink appliances!!!!! I die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have just died and am now residing in pink appliance heaven!

And that kitchen table set too!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously think this trailer is worth every single penny of $5500………and more!!! If I was ANYWHERE near Wisconsin I would snatch this baby up in a heartbeat!

Please, please tell me dear readers…..will one of you please rescue this epic vintage trailer? If you need help storing it I have the perfect place…..my backyard! Let me know!!!!!

57 Responses to Vintage 1960 Time Capsule Rollohome Mobile Home Trailer For Sale!

1. MadgesHatbox.com Reply

June 13, 2013 at 9:11 am

Oh my! I’m postively Verklempt. Get me to Wisconsin!

2. Betty Crafter Reply

June 13, 2013 at 9:13 am

I totally want this. Like BAD.

June 13, 2013 at 11:17 am

Me too! I keep trying to devise a fiendish plot to get myself up to Wisconsin, but it’s SO far away I can’t come up with anything legit……uggghhhhhhhh.

3. Shelly in PHX Reply

June 13, 2013 at 9:46 am

To die, to die, to die…that yellow in the bathroom is FANTASTIC! I am lucky enough to own a 1958 mobile home with its original pink toilet, sinks, tubs, and stove (!!!)….it’s our little summer home in the pines, The Love Shack! Thanks for this post, made my day.

4. Shelly in PHX Reply

June 13, 2013 at 9:54 am

FWIW, that would be “tub”, singular. :-)

June 13, 2013 at 11:20 am

SO to die for!!!!! I will have to look your ‘Love Shack’ up – it sounds super FAB!

And here I was picturing you having the virtual ‘mansion’ of mobile homes with multiple tubs! ;)

June 13, 2013 at 10:17 am

Oh holy crap!! Too bad Ellsworth is almost on the MN border, otherwise I would totally be forcing my parents to pick this up for you, Sara!

June 13, 2013 at 11:21 am

Well Ruth, you could discuss the benefits of a road trip with them…..just sayin’! :)

6. Kelly Reply

June 13, 2013 at 10:34 am

Ohmygod… too bad I live on a city lot in Milwaukee! Absolutely gorgeous. Now I’m sad. :-(

June 13, 2013 at 3:26 pm

It’s just SO spectacular Kelly, I hope it stays just like it looks today forever and ever!

7. Vanessa Reply

June 13, 2013 at 12:43 pm

All I need is a good man, and this little home and I’d be one happy camper! And OMG! The pink kitchen!!!

June 13, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Ha! I know…totally…so true…..so true Vanessa!

8. Tikimama Reply

June 13, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Thanks, Sara, for featuring this amazing home! I actually had to force myself to stop thinking of schemes to get it last night as I was lying in bed…just so I could get some sleep! Oh, the things we get obsessed about! But – this is perfection! I just want it so BAD! I have been fantasizing about starting one of those Shady Dell/Hicksville/Enchanted Trails/Kate’s Lazy Desert vintage trailer hotels. Anyone want to go it on one with me? LOL

June 13, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Thank YOU, Tikimama, for finding this sweet, sweet little trailer and for sending me the link! Great find girl!!!

I know what you mean, I have been plotting and scheming ever since you sent me the link…..it’s like a disease that overtakes you I tell ya’!

I’m all in for the vintage trailer hotel idea…let’s start with this one…..*praying the lottery pays off this weekend* :)

9. Trish Reply

June 13, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I am about a hour away, do you really want it Sara?

June 13, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Trish! Wow, what an extraordinarily generous thing to even offer! So, so very kind of you!!!

Logistically Mike and I would have to figure out how to even get it back down to AZ, then we’d have to make sure that we have the ‘all clear’ from the location we would park it on.

Let me think about all of it and get back to you…….

• RetroRuth Reply

June 13, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Yes!! Do it, Sara! And then you can come to MI while you are out there. It’s only about 12 more hours drive from there. No biggie, right??? :)

• Trish Reply

June 13, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I wouldn’t mind a road trip :)We head to KC Missouri, from time to time. I always need BBQ.

June 14, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Wow, wow, WOW! That has to be the most fantastic trailer I have ever seen! If you do get it, Sara, I want to see even more pics!

June 14, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Oh my gosh Andrea……..I totally die from the awesomeness of this trailer!!!!

11. Sherree Reply

June 15, 2013 at 8:01 am

This post makes me want to pull out my “The Long Long Trailer” DVD! When I was very small (mid 60’s) I remember visiting my grandmother and she lived in a trailer like that. I thought it was so cool that the beds and nightstands were built-in. I wish I could remember more about it :-( I would love to have one in my backyard just to play in.

June 15, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I totally thought of “The Long, Long Trailer” too Sherree! It sounds like your grandmother’s trailer was probably just as cool as this one…..didn’t they just make everything better back then!?!

12. Shawn Norton Reply

June 15, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I just sent email to the owner. I am SMITTEN and just crazy enough to drive to Wisconsin all the way from Nashville, TN to bring this baby home. Thank so much for posting this!

June 15, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Oh My Gosh Shawn!!!!!! Please, Please, PLEASE let me know if you do get it!!!!!

And, I want to let you know that you are hereby required by law to send in pics if you do get it! :)

• Anonymous Reply

June 15, 2013 at 11:42 pm

I will keep everyone updated and post pictures for certain! I spoke with the owner by email earlier–her name is PRISTINA, because of the amazing condition its in. How adorable is That!!?? First thing Monday morning, I am calling freight/towing companies to see if its cheaper to fly there and send it home or I may just borrow a pickup and go get her. I have been looking for a vintage trailer/camper for 2 years and everything remotely close to my town is just a wreck. She will go perfectly with the 1956 mid-century modest ranch I am renovating (my first house!) and will be kept as absolutely original as she is right now, except for a new mattress in the bedroom!

June 16, 2013 at 2:13 am

Shawn…..Wow, yes, what a perfect name….Pristina…..awesome!!!

I am SO very happy for you that you have finally found your dream trailer, it sounds like it’s found a great home with you!!! Thank you SOOOOO much for keeping it all original too!!!

Please send in pics….I will be devastated if you don’t! :)

13. Roxie Reply

June 17, 2013 at 12:35 pm

I grew up in this trailer. Not this EXACT trailer, but one just the same model. Exact same floor plan. We had 4 kids in the family at the time. We lived in it for 10 years. Then we moved up to a bigger trailer…a huge 12X60….by then there was 5 children in the family.

14. Shawn Norton Reply

June 17, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Okay Everyone: Here’s an update! I’ve priced airfare (astronomical!) and shippers and I’m just going to go get this darling thing myself! (3 of the shippers aren’t licensed to transport mobile homes anyhoo. Harumpff!) I applied for my DOT interstate transport number today (based on the combined weight of Pristina and my 1ton pickup, I have to have one like I’m a trucker-Lol!) One of my besties has a CDL, so she can drive an 18 wheeler– I’ll have a co-pilot for the ride home to keep me from getting stuck in a parking lot somewhere trying to make a right turn. My anticipated departure date from Nashville to Michigan is June 27th. Anyone is welcome to send a friend request on FB (Shawn Norton in Nashville. My profile pic has me in hair rollers) or give me a few weeks to set up a page exclusively for Pristina. XO!

June 19, 2013 at 12:32 am

Awesome Shawn! I have to say that I am glad you are going to get this yourself….that way we know NOTHING bad will happen to this beauty!

I guess you are about a week out from picking the trailer up, I will send good vibes your way that the trip goes smoothly and that you do not get stuck in any parking lots! :)

I am really so very, very excited for you…..how fabulous that the trailer has found it’s “forever” home with you. I await the ‘Pristina’ FB page with eager anticipation!

15. SusanD Reply

June 18, 2013 at 3:46 pm

That is SO cool! Good luck with the transport :)

16. Mia Reply

June 18, 2013 at 7:16 pm

This model actually makes you WANT to live in a trailer! The colors go so well with the wood and the price is a total STEAL. Appliances are to die for, I’m already jealous of the future owner!

17. Elisa Reply

June 20, 2013 at 5:04 pm

This is the coolest trailer I have ever seen. I am so glad someone who loves it is giving it a new home. Can’t wait to see Pristina all decked out Shawn.

18. Shawn Norton Reply

July 1, 2013 at 9:30 am

Another update, Y’all: Miss Pristina is signed and sealed and will be delivered soon! She is being picked up tomorrow and will begin her long journey home. As soon as I have her in my driveway, I will set up her FB page: ‘Pristina Rollohome’ so everyone can see pictures and video. I may actually weep tears of joy when she arrives! She is almost 900 miles away, so it will take a few days for her to get here–This is going to be the longest week eVEr!

July 1, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Totally, totally excited for you Shawn!!! Can’t wait until she’s finally “home”! Keep the updates coming!!!!!!!

19. Ted Reply

July 7, 2013 at 10:43 am

Well i here sitting in my 1963 rollohome ,wonder how everything made out for these people. My home isn’t in as Pristina as their’s is but it still is in great shape. Started out as a home for thirty years, then bought by grandson and move to its current location. It still have its original aqua sinks and tub, although they, the original owners, changed some of the items, and painted others. My wife and I can believe the quality of this trailor, faucets, sinks, and other items are of the finest quality. The valuted ceilings are to die for.

July 7, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Ted – Your Rollohome sounds pretty darn spectacular….and wow – vaulted ceilings in the trailer too…..amazing!

You should definitely send in pics sometime – I know everyone would love to see!

20. Shawn Norton Reply

August 17, 2013 at 11:52 pm

I have another Pristina update yall, only this one not so joyous. The shipper picked up my trailer on July 2nd and has still not delivered it to me. Today is the 3rd time he has stood me up without calling to say ehy he isn’t coming. If anyone sees her floating around the web please let me know! Im in a few vintage trailer groups on FBI am contacting the local authorities where his business is located and but havent seen her. to see if she is still in storage there and possibly filing charges for theft. I am definitely filing a complaint with the BBB and the Dept of Transportation.
    I am heartbroken and so worried that she’s wrecked or ransacked :(

August 18, 2013 at 11:44 am

Oh NO!!!! Shawn, oh my gosh….I am SO sorry to hear that you are going through this. I had just been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing…and hoping the trailer delivey went well.

I will hope and pray for the trailer to eventually make it to you safely, can you please give me another update as soon as you know anything…….I’ll be thinking about you.

21. Shawn Norton Reply

August 18, 2013 at 5:31 pm

So just as I think he’s stood me up AGAIN, he calls from the kentucky border, a day late without calling. Shes here, mostly intact and finally (after 7 weeks of anxiety) and sitting in the driveway. Well. Hanging off the driveway! I told him we’d had weeks of rain to no avail, so he went and got his big rig stuck in the yard and had to be towed out. What a ridiculous, exciting afternoon! I was truly worried that I had a class G felont theft on my hands, for a minute there, but all is well. Her facebook page is up so everyone is welcome to send a friend request to Pristina Rollohome!

August 18, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Whoo-Hoo!!! SO happy to hear this news Shawn, thanks for letting me know!!! Will check out your FB page asap!

22. Matt Cooper Reply

August 19, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I am at this time restoring a 1958 Dreamhome. 40ft X 8ft. It has the pink appliances. Still looking for the original outside color scheme. Any help would be greatly welcomed Thanks Matt

August 19, 2013 at 5:46 pm

You should try to contact Shawn through his Facebook page Matt…he may have some ideas for you.

And wow, your trailer sounds amazing too….please consider sending in pics when you are done restoring it!

23. Shawn Norton Reply

November 6, 2013 at 9:28 pm

PRISTINAS LITTLE SISTER!
    I am beside myself. I must be crazy-I want her too!

November 7, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Ummmmmmm….wow! Shawn!!! That trailer is SO cool too!!! What do you think, are you going to go for it??? You are sure to have the MOST amazing collection of vintage trailers anywhere around!

24. Shawn Norton Reply

November 6, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Matt Cooper-mine was already painted when I bought her. There is an architect overseas (Jurgen) that archives old trailer ads and info (gazillions of brands spanning decades). Ill dig up his contact info and comment again.
    I bought several disks from him to research the Rollohome. His prices are quite reasonable. Also, there are a few Vintage Mobile Home groups on FB that may be able to help you.

25. Joe Reply

November 10, 2013 at 10:27 am

Very nice. My grandparents had almost the same model Rollohome which I loved. It had a galley with bunk beds between the kitchen and bathroom. I just posted a pic of it to the Facebook group called Vintage Mobile Homes of the 50s and 60s. That’s where I learned the maker! If anyone sees another for sale, please let me know!

November 10, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Awesome Joe! I will definitely have to check out your pic, and if we ever come across another Rollohome we will be sure to put the word out about it!

• Laurie Mullen Reply

April 21, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Joe

Where do you live. I have one I might sell. I live in Minnesota. I have it on the lakelot. 218-736-3359

Laurie Mullen

26. Pingback: Another Fabulous Retro Vintage 1950s Rollohome Trailer For Sale! | No Pattern Required

27. Denise Reply

February 16, 2014 at 11:03 am

My husband & I lived in one just like it. We were stationed at Millington, TN (USMC)in 1971. The little ‘trailer park’ outside the base. It got so hot inside my sister’s 1950 ’45’s’ melted on the shelf above the icebox. I also burnt my face trying to light the oven once. No eyebrows for six months.

28. karen Reply

February 17, 2014 at 10:54 am

I LOVE the pink appliances and the yellow fixtures in the bathroom.. What a gem! And the outside color is perfect!!

29. Sheila Shields Reply

July 19, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Hi !
    My hubby and I are currently in the market for a camper. Is this one still available ?

July 20, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Hi Sheila – No, this trailer is no longer available….if you read through the comments above you can see that Shawn scored this trailer last summer……lucky, lucky girl!