Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Kitchen » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Fabulous Details AND Furniture in Atlanta, GA

June 16, 2013

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Fabulous Details AND Furniture in Atlanta, GA

By RetroRuth

Today we have a fun time capsule in Atlanta, GA. Not only is this one cute and in good condition, but it has some great furniture as well!

This home was built in 1959 and it has three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. It is listed for sale for $257,000 by Domo Realty. From the online listing:

Swanky MCM tri-level on a verdant private lot, quiet street. Updated kitchen w/VIKING stainless appliances and commercial grade stainless fridge, MARBLE c-top. Original pine vaulted ceilings, brick planter with skylight, exposed brick, hardwood floors throughout main and upper levels (minus the bathrooms). Updated electrical panel, all plumbing has been replaced including main water line. Oversized neutral tile in Den with wetbar and fireplace. 2-car carprt + bonus parkng pad. Easy entertaining on front and rear patios, and the adjacent homes aren’t right on top of you .

The Living Room

Living Room

Helloooooo awesome sofa!!

Living Room II

The Dining Area

Dining Area

The Kitchen

Is that wallpaper or tile? Either way, I love it!

The Family Room

Family Room II

The Office

The shelving system!

The Master Bedroom

The Guest Bedroom

Guest Bedroom

The Bathroom

Basement Bar

The Backyard

Love. love, love the furniture!

So, what do you guys think? I am a little crazy over the excellent furniture!

26 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Fabulous Details AND Furniture in Atlanta, GA

1. Eric McGrew Reply

June 16, 2013 at 8:23 am

Dig the house and the furniture. Minus the flat screen. They just don’t seem to fit in. Oh well… What can we do?

• Eric McGrew Reply

June 16, 2013 at 8:24 am

By the way, there are many more houses like this in the Crestview neighborhood just north east(?) of atlanta.

• Beth Reply

June 16, 2013 at 9:35 am

Eric, if you see any others listed, please share! 🙂

• Eric McGrew Reply

June 16, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Sorry about the name. I said Crestview, but it’s Northcrest as Amanda had mentioned. On the Northcrestmodern.com site, it shows other houses for sale in the neighborhood.

This neighborhood is really unique for Georgia. As far as I’ve seen, there aren’t any full neighborhoods that offered a California modern styled plan. While there are other houses in Georgia that are Mid-Century California Modern inspired, they are really fairly rare. I know there are some in Macon, and in Savannah. However, I’ve not seen to many of them in all the years I lived there or my visits back.

2. Sara In AZ Reply

June 16, 2013 at 8:42 am

Great house, super love those pine ceilings!!!

3. Beth Reply

June 16, 2013 at 9:34 am

Why, oh why, would ANYONE want to move from this little piece of heaven?

• RetroRuth Reply

June 17, 2013 at 12:33 pm

No clue, Beth! But I hope they find just as great of a home for all that fantastic furniture!

4. Joseph Reply

June 16, 2013 at 1:17 pm

This house is in Atlanta’s Northcrest neighborhood – built in the late 50s and 60s. There are a lot of really neat split levels in that area. I live in a neighborhood called Northwoods on the other side of the freeway that was built by one of the same developers. We don’t have as many of the split levels (most houses in my neighborhood are ranches), but there are some that are pretty clearly early prototypes of the one Ruth posted above.

• RetroRuth Reply

June 17, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Do you live in a ranch, Joseph? Just curious. 🙂

• Joseph Reply

June 17, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Ruth: I sure do! You can see a couple of pictures of it in the website link I included in this message. Built in 1953!

• Joseph Reply

June 18, 2013 at 7:36 am

Got a Zillow update about homes for sale in the Northwoods Neighborhood today, and there is one listed that has a lot of similarities to the one in Northwoods. It’s not staged as well, though. Check it out: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/14571689_zpid

5. Amanda Reply

June 16, 2013 at 1:34 pm

A house in my neighborhood, Northcrest (http://www.northcrestmodern.com/). There are several houses with this floor plan for sale right now. This house is quite spectacular though.

6. rae Reply

June 16, 2013 at 7:11 pm

gorgeous! especially the way they have it furnished.

• RetroRuth Reply

June 17, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I agree, the furniture really put it over the top for me!

7. MadgesHatbox.com Reply

June 16, 2013 at 11:44 pm

This is a wonderful area in Atlanta with a large concentration of mid-cen homes. Here’s a website on the neighborhood.

• RetroRuth Reply

June 17, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Thanks, Pam! Lots more eye candy for us!

8. deborah Reply

June 17, 2013 at 4:52 am

Gobsmackingly gorgeous. This house is the whole deal, style, furniture, amazing price. Makes a girl from Melbourne, Australia green with envy. Thanks so much for the share.

• RetroRuth Reply

June 17, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Glad to make you green, deborah! 🙂

9. Lori Reply

June 17, 2013 at 9:01 am

Oh how I love this neighborhood! I drive through on a regular basis for inspiration!

10. John Bachman Reply

June 17, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Go to Ourmodernmess.blogspot for a very similar house that is about a young couple renovating their house.

11. Alan Reply

June 17, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I LOVE the back patio stonework!

12. Jason Reply

June 17, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Love the teak lamps and the ones that are shades within a shade – lovely. I’d love to find one of those, seen them before online and in George Burns and Gracie Allens living room on their tv show:)

13. dkzody Reply

June 20, 2013 at 7:10 pm

I love how the owners of this home kept everything in such good condition and didn’t remodel to the inth degree. We need more people like this in our world.