Home » Decorating & Home » Fun “New” Vintage Towels For Our Kitchen

July 8, 2013

Fun “New” Vintage Towels For Our Kitchen

By RetroRuth

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July! I spent some of the nice, long weekend organizing my laundry room/overflow pantry which includes my vintage linen collection. I was running out of room in my linen storage, so I had to make a decision. I don’t know about you guys, but a lot of my vintage linens get put away and then not used day to day. But with me running out of room, some of these needed to get pulled out and used!

Luckily, I ran across a whole stack of towels and decided that they could make the move to the kitchen and get put into daily rotation.

A lot of them had little holes or stains, like this cute redwork towel.

But some were perfect and waiting to dry some dishes, like this set of pretty little bonneted ladies!

This is the only one of this set of towels that I own, but I love it. It took me about two minutes the first time I looked at it to realize that he was actually wearing pants and not fishnet tights. Also, I love the mustache!

Some pretty flower towels, just a portion of a set.

And we can’t forget the printed towels! C is for Chicken!

And many, many printed flower towels.

So hopefully this will give me a tiny bit of wiggle room in case I run across any more amazing vintage linens while thrifting. But how about you guys? Anyone else get anything done around the house? I also spent some time weeding my overgrown flowerbox this weekend, which was a lot less fun that sorting towels!

13 Responses to Fun “New” Vintage Towels For Our Kitchen

1. Andrew Reply

July 8, 2013 at 6:48 am

I adore the Halloween one!

2. Sherree Reply

July 8, 2013 at 9:09 am

I love all of your towels, especially the “C if for chicken”! We also worked around the house for the long weekend. I made the decision a few years back to use everything I have accumulated. Even if it is on display I pull it out when we entertain. I use my vintage dishes, Pyrex, linens and serving pieces for everyday. That way I can enjoy them more. Thanks for sharing 🙂

• RetroRuth Reply

July 8, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Would love to see pictures of your table all set, Sherree! Sounds like you’ve got some awesome stuff!

July 8, 2013 at 10:47 am

Oh my god, Ruth, that Halloween towel is FANTASTIC! If you ever decide that there’s no longer room for it in your collection, let me know and I will gladly take it off of your hands!

• RetroRuth Reply

July 8, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Sorry, Andrea! That towels is one that my grandmother made. 🙂 It is pretty beat up and stained, so I am thinking about making a little pillow out of it with some cute Halloween kitty fabric on the back!

4. Nina Reply

July 8, 2013 at 11:03 am

I love vintage towels. I was at my mom’s this weekend and we use her terry cloth vintage towels for the bathroom. Since they are vintage now, I don’t want to replace them.

Glad to see you are using your vintage kitchen towels. I love the old fabric!

• RetroRuth Reply

July 8, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend at your mom’s. I love the old bathroom towels, too!

5. MadgesHatbox.com Reply

July 8, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Just love vintage kitchen towels! They are made to use!

• RetroRuth Reply

July 8, 2013 at 3:55 pm

You are right, Pam! Gotta use them and stop hoarding them!

6. Colleen Reply

July 8, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Gardening for us at the Vault…plus a little patching of walls, sanding and painting a lovely shade of atomic blue! Quite a bit like our logo now that I think about it…

• RetroRuth Reply

July 8, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Awesome, Colleen! Sounds gorgeous. 🙂

7. Sara In AZ Reply

July 9, 2013 at 1:48 am

Oh my gosh……love, love, love that Halloween towel! Of course, I love all the other towels too!!!!