Home » Decade » 1950 » Finds Wednesday – My Big Reveal!

August 28, 2013

Finds Wednesday – My Big Reveal!

By Andrea

So, last Wednesday, I left you with a sneak peek of one of my garage sale finds …

Ready to find out what it is?

Our lovely vintage chrome and Formica table! We’ve been debating on this type of table for awhile, but we had a hard time finding the right one, especially at the right price. I nearly missed this one at a garage sale, as it was disassembled and just leaning up outside. Good thing for Darren’s sharp eye!

It also has a leaf, which must have been kept in the table all of the time, as there’s no colour difference between the leaf and the table.

Perfect match, yay!

The table legs were a little bit rusty, I am guessing the table was stored outside.

However, a bath of CLR and water removed the rust completely.

And, as an added bonus, the table matches the yellow cracked ice vinyl step stool/ chair we picked up a couple of years ago – which Ella is now big enough to use.

It looks great with the table!

I hope you all enjoyed my big find!

10 Responses to Finds Wednesday – My Big Reveal!

1. Ronda Reply

August 28, 2013 at 2:19 am

It’s wonderful! It looks like it’s in great shape. Congrats on the great find. R

• Andrea Reply

August 28, 2013 at 10:17 am

Thanks, Ronda!

August 28, 2013 at 9:13 am

Aha!! I never would have guessed that! It’s beautiful. And good show on those legs!

• Andrea Reply

August 28, 2013 at 10:18 am

Thanks, Eartha! I am really quite pleased with how the legs came out, worked even better than I thought it might!

August 28, 2013 at 9:34 am

Oh my goodness! That is the luck, I am telling you. Especially with the leaf being the same color. That is the part I struggled with finding our table!

• Andrea Reply

August 28, 2013 at 10:19 am

I knew you had issues with the leaf, and I had seen quite a few where the leaf really did not match as well. Between the leaf, and it matching our chair that we already had, I definitely had luck finding this one!

4. Sara In AZ Reply

August 28, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Oh wow, that is one cool beans table Andrea! And it looks like it was meant to be what with the matching leaf AND chair!

YAY…..I was half right…..LOVE that old laminate

• Andrea Reply

August 28, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Thanks, Sara! And yes, you were totally half right 🙂

5. Joyce Wagner Reply

August 28, 2013 at 2:04 pm

What an awesome find!!! And having the step stool to match – extra bonus!!! My husband sounds like yours – he always finds things I’ve overlooked and I swear I looked what whatever the item was. Enjoy you cute new table!

• Andrea Reply

August 28, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Thanks, Joyce! Yep, I totally looked at what was in front of the table, and missed the table completely! Good thing our husbands catch what we missed, eh? 🙂