Home » Decade » 1950 » Friday Etsy Roundup – Pyrex Edition

August 2, 2013

Friday Etsy Roundup – Pyrex Edition

By Andrea

Man, do I ever love Pyrex. Without a doubt, it’s one of my favourite things to browse on Etsy. Here’s some pieces that are a little more unusual that I thought I would share!

First up, from seller TwoTimeVintage

This pretty bowl is JAJ Pyrex, which was produced in England, and generally pretty rare in North America. Although the types of pieces produced were mostly the same as what was offered here, the patterns were different, and quite nice. Based on what this seller says, this pattern may have been quite rare, so this bowl is really a steal of a deal!

Next up, from seller juxtaposevintage

Oh, do I ever love this Zodiac print casserole! This is a pattern I’ve not seen very often, I suspect it may be quite rare. I love the star design on the lid.

From seller jenscloset

This Golden Branch pattern is another one I’ve not seen very often. Super pretty, and neutral, so it would go with pretty much any dish ware!

And now, a couple of pieces that aren’t Pyrex, but that any Pyrex collector can appreciate!

From seller freshpastrystand

I love, love, LOVE these Pyrex print tea towels. These would be right at home in any pink or turquoise Pyrex collector’s kitchen. They do have other prints in their store as well, be sure to check them out.

Finally, from seller PoconoModern

This vintage Pyrex print poster is another item that would be right at home in any Pyrex collector’s kitchen – I know I’d love to have one in mine!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

8 Responses to Friday Etsy Roundup – Pyrex Edition

1. Sara In AZ Reply

August 2, 2013 at 11:17 am

Ooohhhhh, love that first Pyrex bowl….and those towels are super FAB!

• Andrea Reply

August 3, 2013 at 11:10 am

I think you totally need those towels, Sara! I am sure it would go well with your Pyrex!

2. Maureen Reply

August 2, 2013 at 9:23 pm

I LOVE Pyrex, it is my favorite thing to collect. I have several of the towels from freshpastrystand, and I adore them. They are so nice I was nervous to use them, but then thought I have to do them justice!! They make me happy to see them in the kitchen 🙂

August 3, 2013 at 11:12 am

Glad to hear first hand that those towels are nice in person, Maureen! I am thinking the Friendship Birds print one might be calling my name. They are so cheerful!

4. Sherree Reply

August 3, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I love the Zodiac design. I do think it is pretty rare. My aunt has one with the lid. Sadly it has been ruined (like so many others) by the dishwasher 🙁 Thanks for sharing!

• Andrea Reply

August 5, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Aw, that’s too bad about your aunt’s Pyrex, Sherree 🙁

5. tammyCA Reply

August 5, 2013 at 3:46 pm

The pyrex poster is so neat. I’m a pyrex lover, too but I am out of room so have to limit which ones to collect. I can’t let my dh clean up the kitchen when I’ve used the pyrex ‘cuz he puts EVERYTHING in the dishwasher..I have to hand wash and put away before he gets near it.

• Andrea Reply

August 5, 2013 at 4:55 pm

I hear ya, Tammy! I am running out of room as well, I need to pare down my collection a bit, trying to limit myself to green patterns now.