Home » Decade » 1940 » Vintage Sewing Machine Pinspiration

August 14, 2013

Vintage Sewing Machine Pinspiration

by Andrea

I don’t know about you, but I find vintage sewing machines to be fantastic examples of stellar mid-century design.  They really don’t make them like they used to!  Here’s some pins from my Vintage Machine board on Pinterest that I thought you might enjoy!

Original Pin

vintmachine2Original Pin

vintmachine3Original Pin

vintmachine4Original Pin

vintmachine5Original Pin

vintmachine6Original Pin

So tell me, which one was your fave?  I would gladly sew on any of these machines, they’re all so gorgeous!

8 Responses to Vintage Sewing Machine Pinspiration

1. Sara In AZ Reply

August 14, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Pink!!!!! You know I’d pick the pink one!!! 🙂

• Andrea Reply

August 14, 2013 at 8:08 pm

LOL! Of course, Sara! I love how that one is so super mid-century looking, too!

2. Jen Reply

August 14, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Oh, fun. And I see my White (the greenish one) in there, too. 😉 One of my best barn finds!

• Andrea Reply

August 14, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Ooh, I am envious, Jen! Your machine is gorgeous!

3. Angie Reply

August 15, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Oh my I love them all I love how they are reminiscent to cars of the time. and then I started to think even my machine today looks like a white Saturn. I have used vintage sewing machines when I did costumes, they lasted through a flood and still kept chugging away and I loved how they could handle organza one minute and denim the next like it was nothing. If you have one please keep good care of it because it will not let you down.

• Andrea Reply

August 16, 2013 at 12:13 pm

You are absolutely right, Angie, very reminiscent of the cars of the time! I have two vintage machines which are my sewing pride and joy, they are fantastic to sew with!

4. Steve Moss Reply

August 15, 2013 at 1:04 pm

In downtwon Seattle is a women’s clothing store called AllSaints. Their windows are filled with vintage sewing machines, dozens of them.
    1511 5th Ave & Pine
    Seattle, WA 98101

• Andrea Reply

August 16, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Ah, too bad I didn’t know that when I was in Seattle in May! I will definitely have to remember that for next trip!