Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Bathroom » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Adorable Time Capsule In Springfield, MO

August 11, 2013

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Adorable Time Capsule In Springfield, MO

By RetroRuth

You guys are going to love the house this week. I don’t know why, but for some reason it reminds me of a dollhouse. Maybe all the bright colors? Anyway, I love it. Thanks to Michelle for sending this one in!

Outside

This house is located at 2439 South Luster, Springfield, MO, It is a three bedroom, two bath home and is about 1700 square feet. It was built in 1953, the listing price is $127,900 and it is being sold by Murney Associates. From the listing:

An exciting architectural style-The Mid Century Modern! This seller has embraced the architecture and it shows. Many of the expensive updates have been completed-TPO roof system on the house(garage was not completed), electrical upgrades, upgraded HVAC, added gas line outdoor living spaces. Some items left to do but the seller will only sell as-is. This home is a rare offering!

Hmm…I wonder what the other items are that the seller left to do? Oh well, maybe the buyer can overlook it because of the fab interior!

Living Room

Red Bathroom

Red Bathroom II

Red Bathroom III

Bedrooms

Bedroom II

Bedroom III

So, what do you guys think? I think this house is a little cutie. I especially love the tile in the kitchen on the walls!

Didn’t Make The Cut!

Here are some homes this week that weren’t quite time-capsule enough to make it on the blog!

4028 W Burns, Warren Twp, MI

DMTC Warren Twp

This kitchen would look very cute with some new flooring and countertops. But if you click through you can see that they jacked up the room divider in the living room. Ugh.

1902 Rapanos, Midland, MI

1902 Rapanos

Some retro furniture and some paint and this house would be really cute!

11 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Adorable Time Capsule In Springfield, MO

1. Beth Reply

August 11, 2013 at 7:12 am

That kitchen layout is funky. Looks like access to a drawer and cabinet is blocked by the oven, and the refrigerator is way over in another part of the room. As much as I love the blue tile, it looks odd outside of a bathroom. And the flooring seems to overwhelm the room. Maybe it’s just me? Otherwise, lots to love.

2. Michele Reply

August 11, 2013 at 11:21 am

I do have to agree with Beth that the flooring in the kitchen is overwhelming but I think if that was changed to some pretty pale yellow or grey VCT that the blue tile would be not so out of place. My favorite bits are the Jalousie windows, the burgundy bathroom, and the fireplace! I think the little yellow and blue bathroom would be cuter with different flooring too. Great potential and I’m thrilled to see one in my area that hasn’t been “updated”.

August 11, 2013 at 11:42 am

Oh, this house is adorable! The exterior is gorgeous, and I love the interior, even the furniture is great!

4. Kim Campbell Reply

August 11, 2013 at 1:15 pm

How adorable!

5. Sara In AZ Reply

August 11, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I really, really like this house a lot….and with some different VCT in the kitchen this place would really shine!

6. dkzody Reply

August 11, 2013 at 7:49 pm

It looks to have a flat roof which could be a problem down the road. Flat roofed homes here in Cali often need major work due to rain damage.

Someone goofed when they put in the black and white tile and the stainless steel appliances. Would love to see what the original appliances looked like.

7. Brie Reply

August 12, 2013 at 8:42 pm

It has a breakfast nook!

8. Jen Reply

August 12, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Oh, that is rather dollhouse-like…it’s so cute! I adore all of the windows in the kitchen. It’s so bright & cheery!

August 13, 2013 at 11:05 am

Wow, I love that house! The only thing that I’d change is not having the same tile in the bathroom as the kitchen (because it kind of makes it seem like there is a toilet in the kitchen) but other than that? Aces! There are some fabulous time capsule homes in Missouri and Kansas.

10. AtomicVault.etsy.com Reply

August 14, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I LOVE that kitchen!!! So awesome

11. Sevina Reply

August 15, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I’m another one that doesn’t care for the b/w flooring in the kitchen. I don’t mind the blue tile used as a backsplash, but seeing it from the ground up makes me feel like I’m in a swimming pool. LOL. Interesting placement for the fridge, did they stick it in a pantry or other closet? Love that little dining area outside of the kitchen (especially the Russel Wright pitcher and platter on the table). I have to wonder if this space was always a nook or if they re-assigned a bedroom there. I don’t know, you’d think the windows would go lower or there would be a door to the outside there, unless it’s simply out of photo view. Love a lot of the furniture I’m seeing. Wonder if those are real Eames dining chairs? The dining table appears to have a Heywood Wakefield base, but not the right top. Would love to do a walk through on this house!