Home » Decade » 1960 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Stone Stunner in West Allis, WI

August 18, 2013

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Stone Stunner in West Allis, WI

By Eartha Kitsch

This week’s home is absolutely gorgeous.  It has so many unique features and a ton of built-in areas for storage. And just wait until you see the conversation seating with fireplace! Thanks to Kate for sending this one in!

rootrivercovershot

This beautiful home is at 2591 Root River Pkwy in West Allis, WI. It has a four bedroom, three bath home and is about 3721 square feet.  It was built in 1967  and is listed for $349,900. It is being sold by Lisa Bronikowski with Coldwell Banker Homesale Realty.

From the listing:

A MUST see home!! This uniquely elegant, spacious home is on the Root River pkwy. Italian marble foyer leads to HUGE living room, which features a circular gas fireplace and floor to ceiling windows. Glass staircase to upper level bedrooms. Numerous closets in all bedrooms and built-in drawers. Master and main bath feature Grecian style baths. Main bath has Italian square tiles. Family room has a wet-bar. 3 separate furnaces provide zone heating. Many wonderful one of a kind features in this home.

It definitely does have one of a kind features. Let’s take a look!

Foyer

rootriverrecroom

Den

denrootriver

Bathrooms

rootriverbath1

rootriverbath2

So what do you all think?  Tell me which features catch your eye! I think that this home is absolutely incredible and the photos shown here are only just the tip of the iceberg. Click here to see even more of this beautiful home.

11 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Stone Stunner in West Allis, WI

1. Sara In AZ Reply

August 18, 2013 at 11:36 am

Whoa…..this house certainly is all sorts of spectacular….I would LOVE to find something like this here in AZ! Love that marble entry, and all of the original lights, and all the lovely wood, and that fireplace…..amazeballs!!!!

2. Apsutter Reply

August 18, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Wow…this house is amazing. It’s like the Brady house on steroids. It looks like some of the wood might need a little TLC and I would definitely bring in some color to brighten the place up. And I was expecting a cooler more mod kitchen(and it’s actually quit small for the size of the house) I hope whoever buys it doesnt mess with it too much.

3. melissa Reply

August 18, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Wow! I live so close! Tempted to ask for a showing… This house is amazing!

August 18, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Holy crap, I actually have a tear in my eye over that round seating area in the living room! Love it!

5. Jen Reply

August 18, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Wow! Oh, the entry. And all of the windows! Also…a lot of that furniture would have to come with it. Great find, Eartha!

6. Honora Reply

August 19, 2013 at 2:22 am

This is soooooooo close to The Brady Bunch house! Flash backs!!

7. Michele Reply

August 19, 2013 at 8:01 am

What a house! It was hard for me to tell. Is there glass around the round fireplace and is that a bed with a built in sofa or some kind of daybed in the paneled bedroom? I was a little surprised at the small size of the kitchen too but the other amenities make up for it! Cute/large bathrooms and the pitched ceilings are very similar to ours. Nice house!

8. Nicole Reply

August 19, 2013 at 8:26 am

Just get that stainless fridge out of there and it’s perfect! Love the bed!!

9. Onyx Reply

August 19, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Does it come with the furnishings? Dat round bed.

10. Kimmie Reply

August 21, 2013 at 1:37 am

That house has Brady bunch stairs! I know want to line up with all my siblings on them. Total perfection! Excellent job, mrs kitsch

11. Celia Reply

August 22, 2013 at 9:09 am

I want to marry this house.