Home » Vintage Travel » Hotels and Inns » Friendship Inn Maple Farms Motel – Road Trip To The Past

September 9, 2013

Friendship Inn Maple Farms Motel – Road Trip To The Past

By RetroRuth

Motel Maple Farms001

A Modern setting on a Canadian Farm.

Motel Maple Farms001

Now with Coloured TV, Air Conditioning, Heated Pool, Large Family Rooms, Kitchenettes and Telephones.

Motel Maple Farms001

Motel Maple Farms001

From Friendship Inn Maple Farms Motel brochure, about 1970

11 Responses to Friendship Inn Maple Farms Motel – Road Trip To The Past

1. Queen of Fifty Cents Reply

September 9, 2013 at 9:49 am

May I have all the furniture in the last two pictures please?? Someone else can have the hot pants!

• RetroRuth Reply

September 9, 2013 at 10:11 am

Come on now, you know you want those hot pants! Ha ha!

I couldn’t get over her clothes in these. Between her outfits and the furniture, too good not to share!

September 9, 2013 at 9:55 am

Love it! You can tell what decade this is in soooo many ways.

• RetroRuth Reply

September 9, 2013 at 10:12 am

I know, right? So funny!

September 9, 2013 at 11:03 am

I’ll take the hot pants, and the furniture! 🙂

• RetroRuth Reply

September 9, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Ha! We might have to fight over that furniture…and maybe the pants, too! 🙂

4. Sara In AZ Reply

September 9, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Someone seriously needs to do some recon on this and let us know if it still exists!

• RetroRuth Reply

September 9, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I know! I am dying to know about this! I found a listing for it online, but no website. I am kinda thinking about calling the phone number and seeing what they say….

5. AtomicVault.etsy.com Reply

September 13, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I’ll take the table and chairs from the kitchenette and the headboards please 🙂 I think I have her suitcase for sale already!

6. Ryan Reply

September 23, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Wow, who knew… I live only 20 minutes from Ancaster. I can recall seeing this motel on the way up to my home builder’s design center (where we went to pick – sadly – modern finishes for our new home.) This motel has great, large exterior lights at either end that I wanted to get a better look at. Unfortunately, it looked like it was closed, and that someone was actually living in the unit directly in the center.

7. Alan Smith Reply

January 30, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Hi ! My parents built and ran Maple Farms Motel. I grew up there. In the mid to late 70’s they sold the motel after 22 years. The pictures you are seeing are from the latest series of postcards that were done in the early 1970’s. That was the time that they joined up with Friendship Inn’s International. I still have a few pieces furniture from the Motel. ( Writing desk, and bedside tables ) . The Motel has since been torn down. After leaving in the 70’s the Motel saw 4 other owners. Myself, in the last few years, I have been finding old postcards and memorabilia from the Motel on places like Ebay. I have been blessed with findings from the very beginning. I happened to be in the area the day they were tearing down the building ( just by chance ) and the workers were kind enough to grab me a couple of bricks for my memory collection.