Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – A Definite “Winner” in Las Vegas, NV

September 15, 2013

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – A Definite “Winner” in Las Vegas, NV

By Eartha Kitsch

What a beautiful home we have this week! This is one of those houses that has me lamenting to my husband, “Why don’t we have houses like this HERE?” I hope you like it to lamentation level too!

Thank to Johnny for sending this one in!  And keep your eagle eyes open for a little “presto chango!” in one of the closet areas of this home.

IS5uqyhg97m4m61000000000

This home is located at 3017 Ashby Drive in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is a three bedroom home with two and a half baths. It is 2670 square feet and was built in 1951. The listing price is $299,900 and it is being sold by Sotheby’s International Realty. From the listing:

Own a stunning piece of Las Vegas History. This exceptional home encompasses over 2,600 square feet on 1.6 acres of property. Beautifully maintained home in the historic McNeil Estates in Las Vegas.

Yes, I’ll agree that it’s stunning! Let’s take a look!

imagereader.aspx

ISp90s56hoy3061000000000

ISly847wxkvsz51000000000

Back Yard

ISd8nr33sblk061000000000

ISppgrkjfnws061000000000

lf6785944-c23o

What do you all think of this home? Are you as smitten with it as I am? Which features do you like? Do tell!

It’s hard to tell in the photo but the living room shots look like there is a little sparkle mixed in to the ceiling finish. I guess that everything truly does glitter in Vegas! Sigh….

19 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – A Definite “Winner” in Las Vegas, NV

1. hannah Reply

September 15, 2013 at 6:33 am

wow this place is pretty amazing. i love the glitter ceiling! and the crazy pink closet! but i think my favorite part is the terrazzo floor on the patio. i would love to see the whole design if they would kindly move the furniture!

2. thatmidcenturyfella Reply

September 15, 2013 at 9:10 am

I’m a grown man, but I want that closet. It’s wonderful! I would make a few changes, personally, but I think it’s just a jem!

3. Diane Reply

September 15, 2013 at 9:27 am

As if the bathrooms kitchen and rest of the house wasn’t enough but that CLOSET!!!! I’m pretty sure my heart stopped for a nano second.

4. Kristen Reply

September 15, 2013 at 10:44 am

I’ve never seen such a closet and now I’m hooked. The whole pLace is like a mid century fairy tale castle to me… Looks like I’m playing the lottery this week, I won’t be able to get this out of my head!

5. Ronda Reply

September 15, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Fantabulous! I have never seen a closet like that, either, but boy do I want one! The whole house has been preserved so well. It’s all wonderful. I love the bathroom. My mom fell in love with the glitter ceilings when they first came out, so when my parents built their dream home, she finally got them. As a kid, I thought having sparkly ceilings was the coolest thing. Great post. Ronda

6. lara jane Reply

September 15, 2013 at 1:38 pm

This place is incredible, top to bottom, front to back. And I don’t understand why ALL closets are like this; it’s baffling, truly.

7. Sara In AZ Reply

September 15, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Good Lord, that house is AMAZING! My fave part has to be that pink corner tub…though I adore that spectacular closet too! I’m wondering if there is any way I could get Mike to commute from Vegas back to Phoenix everyday???? 🙂

8. Maureen Reply

September 15, 2013 at 5:45 pm

OK-if we win the Powerball on Wednesday-I am buying this house!! And you are all invited for cocktails by the pool 🙂

Can you tell I love this house?? I have never seen a closet like that, it is amazing!!

9. Amy Reply

September 15, 2013 at 6:48 pm

I am loving the wardrobe!

September 15, 2013 at 9:18 pm

That has to be the coolest closet EVER!

11. Stephanie Wheeler Reply

September 15, 2013 at 10:06 pm

I love this! We have houses like this in Chattanooga, but they are all out of my price range ;D

12. Pam Lappin Reply

September 15, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Oh My, that turntable closet is amazing. I am picturing mid-cen ball gowns hanging there.

13. dkzody Reply

September 16, 2013 at 11:54 am

Thank goodness no one remodeled that kitchen. It fits so well with the rest of the house. Absolute perfection for the period.

September 16, 2013 at 12:05 pm

I am joining everyone else in the closet swooning, yowza!

15. tammyCA Reply

September 16, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Wow, very cool. This one screams Classic ’60s Las Vegas (the way I still imagine it, Elvis, Sinatra, the old way). My favorite part is the backyard (and the front)…oh, to have that much land! I’m always entranced by sparkly ceilings when I go to Estate sales, the entertaining homes that have them. But, yes that living room is so inviting and spacious. Super house.

September 16, 2013 at 8:57 pm

I’m so glad that you all love this house as much as I do! : )

17. Onyx Reply

September 19, 2013 at 1:47 am

OMG CLOSET!

18. AtomicVault.etsy.com Reply

September 20, 2013 at 2:18 pm

i can’t believe that is only $300K!! I love that its on some decent acreage. I mean, I love our little MCM house, but man it would be so sweet if I wasn’t on top of my neighbors!!!

19. beezbo Reply

August 27, 2015 at 1:05 am

Wow! We have the same exact rotating closet, with the same shelves in the corners and top/bottom rails and curved wooden support in the middle of the top rail. The only major difference is ours only has one mirror in the middle. I was looking to see if I could find more examples of the concept online. I wonder if it was a home builder specific design or if a company manufactured the kit…