Home » Decade » 1950 » Vintage Sewing eBay Roundup!

October 30, 2013

Vintage Sewing eBay Roundup!

by Andrea

We’re having a bit of a switcheroo here this week at NPR, and I’ve got an eBay roundup for you today. This weeks is all about costumes – it may be too late for this year’s Halloween costume, but I’ve got some fantastic vintage patterns that might help you get started on next years! Let’s have a look.

First up, this Vintage Butterick Child's Halloween Costume Pattern

halloween1

This one is interesting because it looks to be a very multi-purpose pattern, that can become all sorts of things based on the accessories that are put with the costume!

Then we have this Vintage Misses Costume Pattern from the 1960's

halloween6

Here’s the ladies version of the multi purpose pattern – lot of different costume looks out of one pattern.

Next, we have this Vintage 1950's McCall's Halloween Costume Pattern

halloween2

This costume is absolutely adorable!  I especially love the witch – I think I might have to start working on my daughter to convince her to be a little witch next Halloween!

Next up, this McCalls 3353 (1972) Misses'/ Mens' Vintage Clown Pattern

halloween3

Clowns can either be super cute or super creepy – this pattern has a lot of potential to go either way!

Then, this Vintage costume pattern

halloween4

I love, love, love the spaceman costume in this one!  Such a cute idea, that you just don’t see very often at all nowadays.

And finally, we have this Very Vintage Butterick 6758

halloween5

Don’t the ladies look so absolutely elegant on this one?  The Statue of Liberty look could be done quite easily with a storebought dress and the right accessories, too.

Is everyone ready for Halloween?  I love to dress up, and do so every year.  I would love to hear what costumes you have planned!

*Disclaimer: No Pattern Required is part of the eBay Partner Network, and that means that when you click on our eBay links we may earn a very small commission.

10 Responses to Vintage Sewing eBay Roundup!

October 30, 2013 at 11:46 am

These are great! I can remember flipping through the patterns at the fabric store as a kid, hoping that my Mom would make one of the Halloween costumes. I still need to be that leopard.

• Andrea Reply

October 31, 2013 at 12:54 am

It is never too late, Eartha! Be the leopard! 🙂

2. Barbara Reply

October 30, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I can tell you that several of those would not fly in our PC world of today!!

I love the spacemen!

3. Sara In AZ Reply

October 30, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Oh wow, go you for dressing up every year…….I haven’t dressed up in ages…..I definitely need to do that one of these years!

Super love that last pattern, those gowns are gorgeous!

• Andrea Reply

October 31, 2013 at 12:57 am

Maybe you should go for something along the lines of one of those last looks next year, Sara! 🙂

October 31, 2013 at 12:56 am

You’re right, Barbara, some of them definitely do not meet today’s PC standards! I do think the spaceman is definitely a classic that needs to make a comeback, though!

October 31, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I love that spaceman! And view “C” in that misses pattern is freaking adorable!

I didn’t put much effort into my own costume this year, and I ended up buying Alex’s! Ah well, maybe next year…

• Andrea Reply

October 31, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Someone needs to convince one of their kids to be a spaceman, I would love to see it made up! And don’t feel bad – I bought Ella’s first Halloween costume as well *shhhhhh* 😉

6. Lassie Reply

October 31, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Quite a mishmash of costumes in each envelope!

I’ve made many for my daughter over the years. My favorite was a (mostly) eye-balled yellow felt ‘packet of Peanut M&M’s’, with a crown made of empty twisted M&M packets.

Miss those days!

• Andrea Reply

November 1, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Yes, they definitely went for variety with the multiple costumes in each envelope! Your daughter’s Peanut M&Ms costume sounds totally adorable!