Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Terrazzo and Aqua Dream in Dallas, Texas

October 6, 2013

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Terrazzo and Aqua Dream in Dallas, Texas

By Eartha Kitsch

I’m super smitten by this week’s home.  It retains many of its original features including kitchen with Geneva cabinets and a pretty butterfly filled bathroom with pink fixtures. And just wait until you see the pool area!

This home is located at 10110 Daria Drive in Dallas, Texas. It is a three bedroom, 3.5 bath home and is 3164 square feet. It was built in 1957 and the listing price is $1,250,000. It is listed with Dave Perry-Miller and Associates. From the listing:

Fantastic opportunity to renovate an exquisite Mid-Century Modern in secure gated neighborhood. Pristine Geneva cabinets, spacious rooms, terrazzo floors, hardwoods under carpet in formals, oversized master bedroom with dressing area. Cabana with half bath and kitchenette looks onto the pool. Great trees and extra secure!

Okay, so…I’m honestly not sure about the “opportunity to renovate” part because this home is super special and gorgeous. Let’s see what you all think!

Front Entry

Living Room and Dining Room

Dressing Area

Patio and Pool Area

So what do you all think of this home? I still can’t see it as a “renovation” project. I’d take up the old carpet to reveal the hardwoods and then live happily ever after. Or okay, who am I kidding? I’d live happily ever after even without that change!

What did you like in this home? Do you love the butterfly bathroom as much as I do? Wouldn’t you like to throw (or even attend) a party in that amazing den? Do tell!

23 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Terrazzo and Aqua Dream in Dallas, Texas

1. Nathalie Reply

October 6, 2013 at 5:34 am

STUNNING!!! I don’t like the bathroom and bedrooms at all, but the kitchen and den WOW! I want this kitchen lol. It does gives me some ideas tho. Thanks for the share!

2. Diane Reply

October 6, 2013 at 8:09 am

This home is a few miles from where I live. This area is where President Bush and his wife Laura have a home. I was just in a home a few blocks away for an estate sale and that home is being demoed soon. I’m sure this one featured will be spared the wrecking ball but sadly this city is demo happy and I wont be surprised if it is gutted of all the lovely features.

Thanks for sharing this gem, Diane

3. Janell Reply

October 6, 2013 at 9:26 am

I want to be dropped off, locked in and buried in this house. Gorgeous!!!!

I just stumbled across your blog a few weeks ago, and this feature is the best! Something I am already looking forward. Thanks for sharing these awesome homes 🙂

4. Queen of Fifty Cents Reply

October 6, 2013 at 9:41 am

Are those turquoise metal cabinets in the kitchen? Wowza.

5. Marcie Reply

October 6, 2013 at 10:00 am

Love love love it all!!! To renovate would be an enormous shame, because its perfection!

6. Michele Reply

October 6, 2013 at 10:07 am

I love terrazzo floors and this house has lots of them! Sweet! I agree that I don’t see it as a reno project but I too would pull up the stretch out carpet. I’m not wild about the butterflies but probably would leave them because they are original. The entry/front porch and kitchen are amazing too! Love this house!

7. Kristy Hansen Reply

October 6, 2013 at 10:21 am

Wow,wow,wow! I would pull up that carpet and call it done! That pool is amazing! Everything is amazing. The bathroom is so much fun!

8. Michelle K. Reply

October 6, 2013 at 11:24 am

I’m head over heels for this place! I’d be happy with it as is, or after taking up the carpet! And the pool… WOW! Yeah what’s up with the “opportunity to renovate” bit?! 😛

9. MadgesHatbox.com Reply

October 6, 2013 at 11:40 am

Dallas still has a marvelous collection of upscale mid-cen homes. This one is just amazing. Love the kitchen cabinets.

10. Kim Campbell Reply

October 6, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Wow! I love the kitchen. And actually even the bedspreads. We need more bedspreads. I can never find anything that goes to the floor! And all that delicious wood……

11. Brooke Reply

October 6, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Love this house! Defo NOT a reno. I’d lose some of the French-looking décor, lose some of the curtains, and showcase the wood floors. Done and Done! I lived in Dallas for 10 years my guess is there’s a good chance that house will be reno’d. The movement of the McMansion has really caught on there. Here’s hoping that the new owners who will appreciate what that home. Thanks for sharing!

12. Lacey Reply

October 6, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I second the comment that Dallas has a lovely selection of mid-century homes. My parents live in the area and there are still entire neighborhoods of houses like this one. Hopefully, there are enough educated buyers around to keep it this way.

13. Sara In AZ Reply

October 6, 2013 at 4:09 pm

This house is amazeballs…I love every single thing about it!

14. dkzody Reply

October 6, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Get rid of that horrible white carpet, change out the dining furniture, and then I’m good to go. Oh, well, that price is a bit much, and it is IN Texas. But it is so beautiful. Makes me sad to hear that it will be renovated.

15. Sherree Reply

October 6, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Not sure why anyone would reno that great home. Pull up the carpet, bring in your own mid mod furniture and window coverings and throw a pool party 🙂

16. Jen Reply

October 6, 2013 at 10:48 pm

“Renovate”, NOTHING! Rip up the carpet, sweep up, pour some cocktails and you are done. What a beauty! Also, I hope it comes with that supercalifragilisticexpialidocious sofa in the den. Chairs too. Wowza.

17. Amy Reply

October 7, 2013 at 2:16 am

omg I”m loving the kitchen and the lounge suite! I’d keep it as it is now. Looks like something Betty Draper would live in.

18. tammyCA Reply

October 7, 2013 at 10:51 am

Wow, definitely a “Mad Men cocktail party” type of house. As always I hope a buyer with historic preservation in mind gets it. I’d refresh/revive some of the tired decor but still with a Mid-Century Modern flair.

19. Pat in PA Reply

October 7, 2013 at 8:46 pm

I would be on the doorstep every day watching to see if they rip out those kitchen cabinets–then I’d go rent a truck to haul them happily away. Or…maybe make friends with the realtor and have my name in with whoever buys it to remove those cabinets if they decide to upgrade…or should I say “downgrade”. Beautiful home–love those terrazzo floors!

20. MurrayS Reply

October 8, 2013 at 4:46 am

How about that stainless back splash in the kitchen?

And the huge peacock over the fireplace?

21. KarenD Reply

November 9, 2013 at 11:52 am

Love it! It reminds me of the dad’s home in the Parent Trap movie. The original movie with Haley Mills. Very nice!

22. Greg Nieberding Reply

May 17, 2015 at 1:55 pm

My partner and I just closed on this house Friday. To all the nice readers: We are doing everything mentioned above, including bringing our collection of mid century modern furniture. We bought the huge white sectional sofa from owners, as well as pool and patio furniture. The pool house has original full set of Brown Jordan Tamiami pool furniture, including chaise lounges and dining set with matching blue melamine dishes!

We have the original architect’s plans. His name is Jack Wood and he studied architecture under Eliel Saarinen, Eero Saarinen’s father. How cool is that?? We pulled up the carpets, and of course the wood floors match all the wood trim. The original plans called for a center-of the-dressing area built-in marble top sink and drawer chest (matching built-in chest of drawers in corner) to go in that open dressing area and we are having that made. No need for any bedroom furniture outside of a bed!

There is a Jack and Jill bath between guest bedrooms with original Ming green American Standard fixtures with green tile and original green marble floors.

Finally, note built-in wet bar in corner of den next to fireplace. Cocktail hour starts promptly at 5:30!

• Eartha Kitsch Reply

August 8, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Wow, Greg! That’s SO cool! Congratulations! 🙂 You definitely have one amazing one-of-a-kind beauty of a home. We’re happy for you guys AND the home for getting such wonderful stewards for its next generation. We hope that you enjoy many, many years there! p.s. Don’t be surprised if we show up for that cocktail hour. 😉