Home » Fashion » Accessories » Advertising Pamphlet For Town & Country Handbag Kits From General Crafts – Twelve Designs!

November 11, 2013

By RetroRuth

I found another crafting “jewel” inside one of my recently scored cookbooks: This fantastic pamphlet from General Crafts advertising twelve wonderfully kitsch-y jeweled purse kits!

Town & Country 001

Our latest triumph – New! Exciting! Versatile! A stunning new shape, gracefully curved to provide maximum space. In smart, durable imported Belgian Linen accented with rich walnut finish wood end panels. Has a personal zipper pocket and our new swivel handle. The ultimate in jeweled handbags, in a series of twelve enchanting designs.

Town & Country 002

Luxurious Belgian Linen is superbly finished with matching natural trim. A dramatic accent for any costume, for any season. A finished Handbag or kit makes an ideal gift, too.

Town & Country 003

Roomy inside, a zipper pocket for your personal belongings and a twist lock for easy, secure closing guarantee real pleasure in use.

Town & Country 004

Aren’t these fantastic? My favorite designs are the Song Birds, Owls and Peacock! Which ones do you guys like? And does anyone out there have one of these? I would love to find one!

6 Responses to Advertising Pamphlet For Town & Country Handbag Kits From General Crafts – Twelve Designs!

November 11, 2013 at 9:38 am

I love those! The wood details on the sides are nice too. I wish they still made these. I’d love to sit down and decorate my own purse. Definitely the peacock.

2. Sara In AZ Reply

November 11, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Oh my gosh!!! What an awesome pamphlet! I’m with Eartha, I SO wish they still made these….and wow, they were only $10.95 back in the day!!!

Hmmmm, I think I’d go for either the ladybugs or the owls…or one of everything! 🙂

3. Jen Reply

November 11, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Oh, these are so pretty! Gosh, I’d love to stumble across one of these in the thrift. The owls, ladybugs, floral fantasy, and, yes, that peacock are my favourites. Sign me up for one kit of each if anyone can find them. 😉

November 12, 2013 at 11:47 am

Oooh, I’d love to get my hands on a Peacock kit!

5. RangerSmith Reply

November 13, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Is the lady in the picture wearing her robe and chandelier earrings? Probably high-heeled feathery mules too?

6. Katie Reply

November 23, 2015 at 1:50 pm

I just found one of these kits at a thrift store. Unopened kit of the Zodiac pattern. I will post some before and after pics when I get to making it.
    I was just boggling at it because I had pinned this blog post for inspiration a long while back. I haven’t been able to find many online so it’s a bit rare. I was wondering if anyone has seen other leaflets from this same company because they made embroidery and other needlwork kits as well.
    I was so excited!