Home » Decade » 1950 » Another Fabulous Retro Vintage 1950s Rollohome Trailer For Sale!

November 14, 2013

Another Fabulous Retro Vintage 1950s Rollohome Trailer For Sale!

By Sara In AZ

Mad props go to reader Shawn for spotting this way cool 1957 Rollo-Cub travel trailer up for sale on Craigslist in Minnesota.

You all might remember Shawn was the lucky girl who scored the Rollohome trailer I posted about last June. Ahhhhhh yes, it was a lovely time capsule complete with original furniture and a pink kitchen……..I think all of us vintage lovers will be forever jealous Shawn! Stay tuned folks because Eartha Kitsch will be doing a follow-up with Shawn in the near future….and we’ll all get a look at the lovely Rollohome at it’s new home! Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait y’all!

But wait, what about this other trailer up for sale you say!? Well, let’s get on with the show!

1957 Vintage Rollo-Cub By Rollohome Camper Trailer

This trailer looks SO cute…..I love those lines!

Eeeeeeeee! Rollo-Cub….what an adorable name!

I don’t know what it is about me, but I really have a love for those old time-y wooden screen doors – I can just hear the creak of this one now.

Love that couch – some new upholstery and it would be just beautiful!

Super sweet dining table.

All that beautiful wood…..swoon!

I know this kitchen isn’t quite as spectacular as Shawn’s pink kitchen in her Rollohome, but I think this kitchen is every bit as adorable!

The bathroom….I’m sitting here now wondering just what images are inside the folds of that yellow shower curtain??? Surely something amazing like ballerinas or fish!!!

And the bedroom – I just love the quilt and those curtains….hope they come with the trailer!

While this trailer might need a bit of TLC  just think how gorgeous it would be after re-upholstering that couch and some cleaning with good old elbow grease!

Shawn – are you sure that Momma Rollohome does not want to finally be reunited with baby Rollo-Cub??? Just think of all the vintage awesome-ness that would be contained in your yard!

17 Responses to Another Fabulous Retro Vintage 1950s Rollohome Trailer For Sale!

1. Shawn Norton Reply

November 14, 2013 at 9:15 am

Cubbie is just darling! And if course, I’m swooning and devising another dastardly plan, but I’m really trying not to be greedy. I’m gonna let her sit for a bit and give other folks a chance, but its not easy, I tell ya!

• Sara In AZ Reply

November 14, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I think Cubbie would look just perfect next to Momma Rollohome Shawn…..if no one else buys it you must promise to bring him home!

• Penny Spencer Reply

May 3, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Well ladies, hubby and I are the proud new owners of this “cubbie”!
      Having her shipped to her new home in Michigan. We have restored
      a little l3 footer, and realized we need more space. Can’t wait
      to make her sparkle, just can’t decide on new fabrics, etc. I’m
      into vintage and prefer that look, but this looks more atomic age?
      I’d love any suggestions. And, wish us look as we purchased her
      sight unseen! Thanks.

• Sara In AZ Reply

May 4, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Oh my gosh! Penny!!!! That is spectacular! I am SO happy for you! You must promise to send in pics when you are done with the renovations. PLEASE!!!

As for fabrics……honestly, I think you could really do just about anything in there – it doesn’t have to be atomic. If you could get your hands on a vintage looking floral/tropical type pattern I think that would look just lovely. I’d say just follow your heart!

• Penny Spencer Reply

May 7, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Sara, thanks so much. We are having difficulty with replacing
          wheels so that it can be transported. I hope this will not be
          a bigger problem with getting her/him back home. We like to
          name our campers, so will have to wait and find it’s personality
          before christening it! I will attach photos later. Can’t wait
          to get my hands on it! Penny

November 14, 2013 at 10:19 am

Soooo cute. I love all the woodwork in there. It does need a little sprucing up and elbow grease but it would be worth it.

• Sara In AZ Reply

November 14, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I can just picture it now after a little sprucing Eartha…it would be gleaming I am sure!

November 14, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Too cute! Love all of the wood in there, that is fantastic!

• Sara In AZ Reply

November 14, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I know, that wood is just so glorious Andrea!

4. Pam Lappin Reply

November 14, 2013 at 1:55 pm

5. tammyCA Reply

November 15, 2013 at 1:51 am

Adorable – (like the “Bungalette” from “the long, long trailer)…the wood makes it look very warm & cozy. Can picture some wonderful barkcloth curtains and pillows and…sure wish I could own one – I’d use it for my own backyard retreat.

• Sara In AZ Reply

November 15, 2013 at 2:41 am

I am so in love with that wood too Tammy….it’s just so beautiful! And I also dream of one day owning one of these amazing vintage trailers…..may both of our dreams, one day, come true!

6. KCBarbieQ Reply

December 9, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I shared a link to this on my facebook page for vintage campers. I realize its a mobile home,but WAY too cool to not tell the world about this one. Thanks. LOVE Those appliances.

7. Michelle in MN Reply

February 25, 2014 at 10:39 am

This is my camper and once the snow melts in MN it will be back up for sale. Sure hope we can find a new owner who appreciates how special this vintage camper is!

• Steve in Wisconsin Reply

February 22, 2015 at 12:24 am

I don’t know if you are still active on this site but I just bought a Sun Crusier camper that shares a lot of the same features as your rollo-cub. I was hoping to reach out to and see if you would be willing to share so me more pictures of you camper?

8. Greg Reply

March 8, 2014 at 6:35 pm

We were just given a 32ft.1952 Rollohome,And boy does it need work, inside and out does anyone know where we can buy parts for this camper trailer? If so please contact me. This cub is real cute,but the momma to this is huge,and lots of windows,the original stove, corner sink,cast iron tub and shower lots of room, I would love it if someone had a 32ft so I can see inside.