Home » Decade » 1960 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Friendly Flagstone in Austin, TX

November 3, 2013

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Friendly Flagstone in Austin, TX

By Eartha Kitsch

This week’s home is a pretty little ranch clad in flagstone and full of pleasing light paneling and pastels. The awesome kitchen alone had me at “hello” if not at “storage space” and I just love the built-in planters.  Thanks to Betty Crafter for passing along this beauty to be shared!

Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 6.54.29 PM

This home is located at 1104 Hunters Lane in Austin, Texas. It is a two bedroom, two bath home and is 1,856 square feet. It was built in 1961 and the listing price is $194,900. It is listed with Keller Williams. From the listing:

Meticulously maintained home by ex-Marine. Classic mid-century design & floor plan in mint condition. Large kitchen has built-in pull-out wood cabinet drawers that you must explore. Office or craft room w/ built-in desk, cabinets, sink & counter space. Formal living & dining w/ option to close off & create an additional bed or playroom. Fabulous 50’s patio wall, manicured lawn, storage facilities, & mature trees. Roof replaced in 2009. Appliances convey. Estate sale items in home will be cleared out. Jogging and biking path.

Want to see more? Let’s go!

Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 8.43.43 PM

Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 8.37.54 PM

Patio

Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 8.37.06 PM

Back Yard

Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 9.15.45 PM

Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 8.44.28 PM

This house seems to have such a pleasant feel to me and really does seem like it has been very well taken care of. How about that great decorative block wall on the patio and those cute bathrooms? And oh, wait..did you see that large wall of storage cabinets in the kitchen? Who would like to join me in filling those up with fun vintage kitchen finds?

Readers, what do you all think of this home? What are your favorite features?

10 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Friendly Flagstone in Austin, TX

November 3, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Lovely! I really like the stone fireplace as well as the stone planter in the foyer.

2. Kim Campbell Reply

November 3, 2013 at 12:31 pm

*sigh* Out of our price range……phooey!

3. Carrie Reply

November 3, 2013 at 12:37 pm

OMG, my dream home! If only I lived in Texas. 🙁 Great pick, definitely my favorite so far!

4. Sara In AZ Reply

November 3, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Oh my gosh that kitchen….I die…..LOVE all of those cabinets! And don’t even get me started on how much I love that decorative screen block patio wall!!! Great house!

5. Barbara Reply

November 3, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Seriously? That’s twice the size of my house and less than what I paid. I hate California!! If I knew the neighborhood, I’d seriously consider it!!

6. Amy Reply

November 4, 2013 at 9:51 am

This house is a couple blocks away from me, and we went to the estate sale 3 days in a row, just to ooh and ahh over the amazing original details in this house. =) The seller was a doll and talked to us at length about the house, saying they still had the original plans even. I would buy this house in a second if we were currently house-hunting, it’s a true gem! And in a great neighborhood, I might add.

7. tammyCA Reply

November 4, 2013 at 1:22 pm

It’s a lovely and obviously well-loved house. The living room feels very deja vu for me…it is the image in my childhood mind I think of when I read a favorite childhood book…especially the huge picture window.
    This house with it’s special design features (ooh, that patio wall & indoor planter!) is just begging for a Mid-century lover.
    Gosh, the “low” price in Austin is incredible to me…I wanna move!

8. Ruth Reply

November 4, 2013 at 11:33 pm

So many of the houses you post give me such a case of nostalgia! My grandparents lived in a mid-1960’s brick house when I was young. It was similar to this, just earlier, and smaller!! They had the absolute best lifing room though. Just huge and divided in two, for some reason! Quite big enough for two couches, a large stereo unit, TV, built in bookcase dividers, several chairs and a huge fireplace. It was great when all the family came over for parties!

9. Jason Reply

November 5, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I love the drapes! I wish it was easy to find pinch pleats these days in a variety of colors, etc.

10. Melinda Reply

November 5, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Built in planter are my favorite, and this house has them front, back and inside. Love!