Home » Decade » 1950 » Recent Thrift Store Finds…and Some Vintage Christmas Stuff Too!

December 19, 2013

Recent Thrift Store Finds…and Some Vintage Christmas Stuff Too!

By Sara In AZ

I have definitely been hitting the thrift stores lately and I thought y’all might like to see some of my recent finds. I really like thrifting this time of year because so much Christmas stuff comes out from the dark storage recesses of the thrifts and you just never know what you are going to find!

My first find was this amazingly cool vintage 1950s dress. I honestly do not think it was ever worn a day!

100_5882

The dress has a really cool pattern on it and some of the pattern has little raised fuzzy areas along the outer perimeter. I know it sounds weird, but trust me – SO cool!

100_5885

LOVE the cuffs on the dress!

100_5886

And a perfectly pristine ‘Abby-Kent’ label!

100_5887

I don’t know about you, but I have NEVER seen a white flamingo before. I actually almost cruised right by this initially…but something stopped me at the very last second! I think he is SO cool!

100_5864

Here are all of the original tags on the bottom – including the original price tag marked down to $7.47 when it was for sale at the store originally.

100_5869

You can’t see the label, but this is a ‘Josef’ Santa napkin holder.

100_5948

And here is a sweet little Josef reindeer!

100_5949

I managed to find a reindeer blow mold at the thrift store…..I was super shocked, I think the only reason I scored this was they were *just* putting him out. Seriously, he didn’t even have a price tag yet. He was $2.99 – and yes we have the metal brackets he mounts to as well.

100_5951

And probably my most favorite find….one I almost walked right by again, as the box was shoved way back on the shelf and only a small bit of the end was visible……….

100_5875

……………little Napco ceramic ‘NOEL’ elf ornaments!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! You can see they are still in the original box. They were made in 1960 and were for sale at Penny’s for $1 originally.

100_5874

The ‘O’ has an old repair, but honestly I don’t care….I think they are super adorbs!

100_5880

Well, that wraps up my recent thrifting finds. Has anyone else managed to find some cool stuff at the thrifts lately?

10 Responses to Recent Thrift Store Finds…and Some Vintage Christmas Stuff Too!

December 19, 2013 at 11:46 am

Oooowheee! Super great finds, Sara! You know that the blow mold deer is my favorite but the rest are so, so cool too! You’re having way better luck at the thrifts out there, let me tell you.

• Sara In AZ Reply

December 19, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Awwww, thanks Eartha! And somehow I just knew that the blow mold deer would be your fave! 🙂

December 19, 2013 at 11:51 am

Wow, that a score on the blow mold deer! My hubby really wants a blow mold Santa, but we haven’t been able to find one at the right price/condition yet. Love that dress too, wow!

• Sara In AZ Reply

December 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I was pretty shocked when I saw just saw the deer lying there on the floor Andrea…..they were seriously just getting ready to put it out for sale…..I walked over and snatched it up as fast as I could! 🙂

3. tammyCA Reply

December 19, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Amazing finds! We just don’t have that kind of amazing vintage at our thrifts. Very, very rarely do I find anything that makes me fall over in shock that I got..and, I’m always at the thrifts 🙁 There are many antique stores right by our thrifts so I’m suspicious. I always have to pay crazy high prices on ebay, estate sales & flea mkt for things I really, really like.

• Sara In AZ Reply

December 19, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Well, thanks so much Tammy! 🙂

That is really unfortunate about the thrifts around you….and you could be totally right about all the dealers having an “in” with the local thrifts in order to get “the good stuff”. That’s just sad though, and so not fair to all the shoppers who go to those stores. I hope that’s not the case, but I’ve heard stories too……

4. dkzody Reply

December 19, 2013 at 3:34 pm

None of my Salvation Army stuff was as good as yours but I was pretty pleased. especially with a nativity set still in its original box with all the wrapping for each piece. I got a 1992 Avon collector plate, a snowman pitcher and the nativity scene all for $8 so I was pretty pleased.

• Sara In AZ Reply

December 19, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Wow, dkzody…….I think it sounds like you made quite the haul getting ALL of that for only $8…and I think it sounds every bit as good as what I found!!! Go you!!! 🙂

5. Ann Kennedy Reply

December 20, 2013 at 7:37 am

Thrift stores and flea markets are such fun trips back to my childhood, it’s hard not to find something memorable! You really had super results! Love your treasures!

• Sara In AZ Reply

December 20, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Thanks so much Ann! Yeah, I am definitely a lover of thrift stores….you just never know what is going to pop up!