Home » Decade » 1950 » Vintage May Company 1956 Toytime Christmas Catalog

December 21, 2013

Vintage May Company 1956 Toytime Christmas Catalog

By Sara In AZ

Hi everyone! I hope that y’all don’t mind, but I am going to take a break from my normal eBay ‘Kool Kitsch’ posts for a few weeks during Christmas…this girl needs a breather!

I came a cross a vintage toy catalog a while back that was for sale on eBay from seller thelittlecatsgarden. Though the catalog is no longer for sale, I thought you all would enjoy seeing the images anyway.

Mid Century MAY CO. TOYTIME 1956 Christmas Catalog

I know if I were a little girl picking toys out of this catalog I’d surely want that baby doll play set!

It would be hard to choose though….that baby with the pink layette is super cute too…..but then the doll in the case comes with SO many outfits!!!

Oh boy, more to choose from….eeps! I‘d have a hard time I tell ya!

Isn’t that little girl luggage the cutest thing ever!?

OH! That Rushton cow – adorable!!!

Oooohhhhhh, totally want that Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head kit!

That Revere Ware set is completely awesome!

I guess I probably wouldn’t be much into cars as a young girl picking out toys ….but I’d probably be all over wanting that remote control dog!

And finally, I am kinda loving that Allied Moving Truck and the Carnation Mike truck!

Hope this brings back great memories of searching through the ‘Wish Books’ when you were a kid!

8 Responses to Vintage May Company 1956 Toytime Christmas Catalog

1. Sharon Reply

December 21, 2013 at 10:06 am

Ooooh, I want to find the lithographed metal kitchen under my tree!

• Sara In AZ Reply

December 21, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Oh my gosh, I know that is SO awesome too Sharon!!!

December 21, 2013 at 11:14 am

LOVE this! That dancing doll is the very same doll that Pam was dancing with in those old films that I got! 🙂 And my friend Holly just found one of those Mouseketeers. Such pretty pages…..could look forever.

• Sara In AZ Reply

December 21, 2013 at 4:31 pm

No way Eartha…..the SAME doll that Pam had?! Wow, that is SO cool….I totally remember that….those films were amazing! Glad you enjoyed the trip back in time…………….. 🙂

3. tammyCA Reply

December 22, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Oh, too darn sweet…I remember poring & dreaming over the toy pages in the catalogs (probably Sears)…toys that we now know were made SO MUCH BETTER, all that attention to detail. I just love those Bouffant hairdo dolls & have “adopted” a few neglected ones from the Goodwill, gave them the molly make-over & they are cute again. I love those trucks & cars, too! Ha, I’m buying retro matchbox cars for my nephews & I buy some for myself..just got the “Grease” white/red car..cute for Christmas village. 🙂

4. tammyCA Reply

December 22, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Too funny…I just read the description for the Sweet Pea babydoll:

“…and the most unusual baby hairstyle you’ve seen” 🙂

5. Pamela H. Reply

December 23, 2013 at 8:11 am

Thank you! – I relived Christmas in the Fifties all over again….

6. Lassie Reply

December 24, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Thanks! What a trip down memory lane, I’m way old and I actually HAD a lot of those dolls, accessories, and the little toy Revere Ware. The tin lithographed doll house – I DEFINITELY remember that and played with it by the hour with a little plastic ‘family’. I made pictures to stick on the walls and rugs to put on the floors….wonderful seeing all this! I wonder whatever became of all our old toys? Put into a big box, which was moved around and finally thrown out, I would think. …. Anyway, happy holidays and Merry Christmas!