Home » Decade » 1950 » Adorable Vintage Valentines!

January 29, 2014

Adorable Vintage Valentines!

by Andrea

My valentine stumbled across (and picked up for me) this super duper adorable book of vintage valentines the other day that I just had to share!

20140128_194024

This book is chock full of adorable vintage valentines from cover to cover!  Some even have velvet flocking on them, which is a nice vintage touch.

20140128_194050

This book was published by Golden Books – the same people who have done the children’s Little Golden Books for years and years – so it shouldn’t be too hard to find!

20140128_194210

There’s even fantastic vintage-printed envelopes inside to punch out and put together.

20140128_194243

I couldn’t decide if this deer with the flocked velvet heart was my favourite …

20140128_194344

Or the totally adorable grouchy dog!

If you (or your kids) would like some fantastically retro valentines to hand out this year, definitely keep your eyes peeled for this book!  If you’ve come across any other great repro valenties, I would love to hear about them!

8 Responses to Adorable Vintage Valentines!

1. Sara In AZ Reply

January 29, 2014 at 10:00 am

Oh my gosh – what an adorable book! I will totally have to look for this! Just curious, do you know what kind of store he picked it up at??? Book store…Wal-Mart type store…grocery store…..

January 29, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I used to have that book! It’s SO good. I got mine at a now defunct Barnes and Nobel though.

• Andrea Reply

January 29, 2014 at 3:52 pm

They really are so cute! Hopefully some other retailers in the US still have them, I am sure they must.

3. tammyCA Reply

January 29, 2014 at 1:46 pm

I also have that book..got it a few years ago at Barnes and noble. I also have repro valentines in a large heart shaped package, but I can’t remember where I found it. Also, last year at the 99 cent store I got some candy in retro inspired valentine boxes. After we ate the candy I saved the cute deer box for display along with my vintage valentines (I love the children signed ones).

• Andrea Reply

January 29, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Too cute, Tammy! I especially love the sounds of the vintage-inspired Valentines candy boxes – I will have to keep my eyes peeled at the dollar stores around here for those!

4. mary Reply

January 29, 2014 at 9:06 pm

I had an instant flashback when I saw the envelopes! Have not seen those in about 50 years, considering I’m turning 60 this year. My late husband had Feb 14 birthday and he used to get the cutest Valentine/birthday cards.

• Andrea Reply